:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

does anyone have any experience with crep protect? was thinking about getting some, but i'm more interested in its stain repelling than the hydrophobia.

So ive done like 4 1 hour sessions with salon 40 on my kobe 4's. Seems like there is no way to avoid sole seperation where the carbon fiber shank is, i tried taping it, taping wet cottonballs, ice bags inside the shoe and there is more and more seperation after each session. Also not sure how much of a difference there is in the yellowing of the sole, might be clearing up a bit but not that noticeable. Dunno if its worth it to keep doing it if its just gonna mess with the glue with not much of a de- yellowing result

never tried but I've heard of Salon 50.

Supposedly better results in less time......
these are facts. i finally got ahold of some, (my barber is the homie) it's waaaay more powerful and i've only used it 1nce. imm take pics soon an dshow yall

Yo Im not sure if I'm in the right place for this or not....but I got a quick question.  What can I use to clean the bottoms of some "Yeezy" foams?  I wear all my foams VERY frequently because they're just more durable for me, not the same creasing problems as the Jordans and all that.  Anyways....since I wear them a lot the bottoms get pretty damn dirty, scrubbing them with some dish soap or Jason Markk gets them pretty clean but theres still some staining on them.  Any suggestions for any products that might get them a bit cleaner for me?  Not a lot of experience cleaning the GITD soles.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks NT.  

I clean all my soles with the basic foot locker/champs sneaker cleaner spray. If you don't do it shortly after wear you risk staining. For gitd or ice soles, I usually do it after each wear

Does anyone know how to repair/remove a scratch on the patent leather of Jordan 11s? Ive got a scratch on my toebox. Ive searched myself and seen videos of  people using nail polish remover or acetone but that was for scuffs. This is an actual scratch, not a scuff.

Any help is appreciated

Any info on how to replace the air bag on Jordan 10''s?

I have an older of Chicago 10's and the air cousion feels shot.

Found some 99 Oreos, or what's left of them :x
How to remove this sorry *** paint job? If possible.

Sorry for the bad quality pics :rolleyes

Does anyone know how to remove scuffs from the 2014 Black Infrared 6's?
First I would try cleaning the shoe.

Then I think re-dyeing it might help:

Then you might want to liven up the suede/nubuck,etc. that's fading:

Does anyone know how to repair/remove a scratch on the patent leather of Jordan 11s? Ive got a scratch on my toebox. Ive searched myself and seen videos of  people using nail polish remover or acetone but that was for scuffs. This is an actual scratch, not a scuff.

Any help is appreciated
I have an actual scratch on my one of my 11's as well, and nothing to really do aside from painting over it and trying to fill in the scratch and then blend it in with the surrounding patent leather. If the patent leather becomes discolored due to the repair and didn't blend in, you then would probably have to repaint the entire patent leather.

Any info on how to replace the air bag on Jordan 10''s?

I have an older of Chicago 10's and the air cousion feels shot.
Only solution is to either replace the air unit/cushioning unit or do a sole swap imo. Both ideas would be really inconvenient and not worth it imo. Might want to try switching out the insole with a more comfortable insole and call it a day.
Found some 99 Oreos, or what's left of them
sick.gif

How to remove this sorry *** paint job? If possible.

Sorry for the bad quality pics
eyes.gif
I'm assuming you're going to remove the paint and then repaint it?

If so, you technically don't have to strip all the old paint off, but you do need to remove the finish from the old paint for the repaint. But I'm not sure if not removing the old paint will affect the new paint job.

To remove the finish:

You can also use pure acetone or nail polish remover which contains acetone for this. Acetone is strong, so it will strip off the old paint.

Repainting leather: (they only removed the factory finish, and not the old paint)

How do you unyellow the mesh on concord 11s
How to whiten oxidized mesh:

How to clean tough stains on mesh:

Last edited:

Any help is appreciated
I have an actual scratch on my one of my 11's as well, and nothing to really do aside from painting over it and trying to fill in the scratch and then blend it in with the surrounding patent leather. If the patent leather becomes discolored due to the repair and didn't blend in, you then would probably have to repaint the entire patent leather.
thanks! very helpful info. repped bro!

Fellas whats the best glue for Jordan XI clear soles? I don't want to use a glue that yellows. Any ideas!!!! These are for space jams by the way

Last edited:
Its clear. Ive been using it for years as well as most restorers. If you're doing a full sole reglue thats what I and most would suggest, if its just small seperation spots you can get like small tubes of clear Gorilla glue to use for that.

Its clear. Ive been using it for years as well as most restorers. If you're doing a full sole reglue thats what I and most would suggest, if its just small seperation spots you can get like small tubes of clear Gorilla glue to use for that.
See the sole is slowly coming apart so I'm thinking about just taking them both off, icing them while temps are still nice, and then doing a few re-glue. Does Lowes carry this stuff?

You'll probably have to order it online, cheapest i found was ebay for around $35 1quart can will be all youll need..gives you time to ice up the soles as its shipping to you [emoji]128522[/emoji]

anyone know how to remove glue stains on patent leather? There those three streaks on the shoe that bug the heck out of me.

Just got these space jams I don't think hm these r sole seperation can anyone tell me where can I find a mold so I can glue to the midsole

Back
Top Bottom