:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

hey guys, is it still possible to restore this fire red III? paint is chipping on the left shoe and peeled off on the right one, what do i do? thanks inadvance!

Originally Posted by niophyte0430

hey guys, is it still possible to restore this fire red III? paint is chipping on the left shoe and peeled off on the right one, what do i do? thanks in advance!
With the white part of the midsole, tape it off, acentone it, and repaint it with angelus paint...thats really the only way I would think

Well I was just wondering. I'm not planing to wear any of my cdp shoes in about 3 years I might start wearing do I have to do something to keep them fromrotting in my closet. Really worried about tha icey sole like tha 6s and 5s becuse I'm not really sure but I see tha sole getting a little yellow. Any helpwould be great thanks

how do i reglue the sole back on?
shoe goo?gorilla glue?or epoxy glue?
which work better?
0ae1614f0b466dc741bc2ebeb2f755f75cfff00c.pjpg

^ i would go with shoe goo. gorilla glue will dry up and get hard. then it kind of foams out so it's going to look very nasty. epoxy glue will work also .i never really use epoxy glue, i usually prefer shoe goo but that's just me.
jean stains- don't know which jeans are less likely to stain your shoes. i'm guessing the darker the jeans, the more likely it will bleed due to thedyes. most of my jeans are lighter color. so i'm thinking the newer the jeans, the more likely it will bleed. might not want to wear newer jeans with theshoes. hope this helps.

Would you guys recommend using acetone on a pair of OG 1's? Im planning on removing all the paint and applying new paint to the shoes.

^^everyone says the 1's are tanks, even og's. i would think it's safe to use the acetone to strip off the paint.
^ i'm assuming you want the sea glow for clear soles, right? if you answered 'yes', then you want the blue bottle of sea glow. and get the BIGGERbottle!

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

^ i would go with shoe goo. gorilla glue will dry up and get hard. then it kind of foams out so it's going to look very nasty. epoxy glue will work also . i never really use epoxy glue, i usually prefer shoe goo but that's just me.
jean stains- don't know which jeans are less likely to stain your shoes. i'm guessing the darker the jeans, the more likely it will bleed due to the dyes. most of my jeans are lighter color. so i'm thinking the newer the jeans, the more likely it will bleed. might not want to wear newer jeans with the shoes. hope this helps.
Ive heard that E6000 is the best glue you can use for reattaching midsoles. Its strong, flexible, and any residue it leaves is easier to clean offthen the previously mentioned glue.

Regardless of which glue you use....make sure you clamp down the uppers to the midsoles with rubber bands, and let dry at least 24 hours

I'm using sunlight to seaglow 3 pairs of XI's. So far I've applied 2 coats with an hour of sitting under the sun at a time and no results. Abouthow many coats of seaglow should I apply and how often?

You may need to let them sit longer....... the longer the better. You can use UV lights as well..... the previous page has an example.

Originally Posted by oscarxxx2003

Well I was just wondering. I'm not planing to wear any of my cdp shoes in about 3 years I might start wearing do I have to do something to keep them from rotting in my closet. Really worried about tha icey sole like tha 6s and 5s becuse I'm not really sure but I see tha sole getting a little yellow. Any help would be great thanks
Keeping the shoes in a cool dark place help. If you do decide to wear them, stepping in water/liquids could cause them to turn yellow.

The best advice I can give for anyone who owns kicks with clear soles.....Invest in some Seaglow....whether you seaglow indoor or outdoors is up to you...butevery couple of wears clean off the soles, throw some seaglow on them, and put them under lights/under the sun for a couple of hours.

copped doubles of CDP III's and IV's.

my first pairs are holding up alright and i dont think ill unds my others for at least a couple of years.

Anything I can do to make sure they dont crumble/crack when i finally do break em out?

I doubt they would crack after a couple of years from being DS..... but the best thing to do to prevent cracking is to wear them, next alternative is to keepthem in a dark cool closet like someone said above. Anybody can correct me if im wrong.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I doubt they would crack after a couple of years from being DS..... but the best thing to do to prevent cracking is to wear them, next alternative is to keep them in a dark cool closet like someone said above. Anybody can correct me if im wrong.

You sir are correct. Even if a person doesnt want to alternate their doubles....at the very least, un-ds your kicks and walk around the house in them....wearthem for a few hours every now and then....thats really the best way. With what JB quality has become, I think even keeping them DS for a couple of years couldbe risky business depending on what shoes were talking about

lol, problem is, when im around the house im usually sleeping.

work full time + college full time FTL.

thanks for the tips though

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]with the seaglow are you supposed to:[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]1. clean it, use sea glow, scrub then let out in the sunlight to dry and repeat?[/color]
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]or[/color]
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]clean it use seaglow, scrub, more seaglow, scrub, then let out to dry in sunlight?[/color]

^ your best bet for fixing the paint chipping on the 3's is to do some touch up with angelus paint. you already know that the paint quality on these shoeswere kind of suspect at best. same thing with the cdp iv's. it was only going to be a matter of time before this problem came around.
unds cdp iii's and iv's- with the way jordan's have been breaking down faster i.e. paint chipping, thin leather, etc., i wouldn't be surprisedat all if your shoes start to crumble after 2 to 3 years. since you work full-time and go to school, just bring the extra pair with you to class. wear it forthe hour in the class. that way the shoe doesn't start to dry out from sitting for long periods of time.

Back
Top Bottom