:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

i saw a pair of Columbia's for sale but the patent leather and the upper was yellowed.

can the patent be restored.

Originally Posted by JorPun662

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I just checked some DS Penny's and the air bubble has fog in it now. I tried the blowdryer on low and it didn't do anything, any other suggestions besides using warm water.
I think those penny's r done buddy, whenever the air bubble isnt clear anymore, its a bad sign. I think there is a leak and moisture got in there from sitting so long. someone correct me if im wrong. People please wear your shoes.

They aren't done, my Air Trainer Max's which I wear significantly and keep clean along with my freshwaters that I haven't even worn yet also had the built up moisture. I tried a fellow NT'ers method of wiping the outside moisture gently with my finger and removed a majority of the moisture. Also I removed all the moisture from my freshwaters. I need to get some silica gel packs ASAP!!!
Thanks for the clear up.

I just checked some DS Penny's and the air bubble has fog in it now. I tried the blowdryer on low and it didn't do anything, any other suggestions besides using warm water.
I think those penny's r done buddy, whenever the air bubble isnt clear anymore, its a bad sign. I think there is a leak and moisture got in there from sitting so long. someone correct me if im wrong. People please wear your shoes.

They aren't done, my Air Trainer Max's which I wear significantly and keep clean along with my freshwaters that I haven't even worn yet also had the built up moisture. I tried a fellow NT'ers method of wiping the outside moisture gently with my finger and removed a majority of the moisture. Also I removed all the moisture from my freshwaters. I need to get some silica gel packs ASAP!!!
Thanks for the clear up.

No problem, and I got those silica gel packs yesterday and I honestly notice a difference in only one night as far as the air bubble is even clearer now.The blowdryer trick never worked, I guess it only works if you have a leak? Also, there was no way in hell I was going to use any warm water around my DSshoes, no way!!! So I'm glad the wiping and silica has helped.

jcool813- patent leather can't be restored on the columbia's. once it's turned yellow, that's it.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

jcool813- patent leather can't be restored on the columbia's. once it's turned yellow, that's it.

i ended up getting lucky and practiclly stealing a vvvnds pair of columbias on ebay. the patent is actually white on these ones and i wanna keep it that wayfor as long as possible. do you have any tips or advice on how to store these so that the patent stays white for as long as it possibly can

can you post pics?... i had the same question by the way.......... same as keeping playoff 12's white too.

^^^white aj iv's- if the rubber is yellowed around the toe box, then you can sea glow this area. if it's the midsoles that have yellowed, try basiccleaning methods first. if this doesn't help, you're gonna have to probably do a repaint on them.
^^ congrats on getting a pair that is harder and harder to find with white patent leather. as far as storing them, i just keep my columbia's in the og box,paper and all. i threw in a silica pack to keep out any moisture. the moisture is the main culprit in turning these beauties from a lovely white to creamishcolor. and i keep them in the darkest part of the closet, usually at the bottom.

hey NT,i need some help. so i stepped on my VII's lace and got some mud on 'em. any advice on how to get it off besided taking the laces off theshoe?thanks in advance..

anyone have suggestions on how to clean stains on cdp 6s? i got a few stains on the red toe boxes. any help is appreciated!!

i can't believe no one's helped out some of these questions from other fellow nt'ers, but here's some help people-
laces on vii's- if you don't want to take them off the shoes, toothbrush and soap or shoe cleaner to clean off the mud stains on them. i mean, i wouldjust take them off and just wash them.
am 90's- you probably gonna want to strip off the rest of the paint and do a repaint with angelus paint. not a hard thing to repaint imo.
stains on carmine vi's- suede/nubuck cleaner or suede/nubuck eraser. if you use the eraser, be gentle and don't rub too hard. this will tear up thematerials.
dmp xi's- so you don't want to use bkf? well your other choice to clean up the mesh is rit. not as harsh of a cleaner, so if your mesh isn't toodingy color, this is the way to go.
red suede xxi's- suede/nubuck cleaner or suede/nubuck eraser.

this dude pimpjobu has contributed alot on here helping people out with their questions and all and thats defenitly appreciated.

im impressed with the results seaglow did for my cool grey xi's i kinda made a mess and got some of it in the glue seam area and parts of the soles startedto seperate, but i used shoe goo and it fixed everything up alot. the soles look way better now as well.

only problem is that im stuck with an almost full bottle of seaglow now i have no use for, so if any one in so cal needs some seaglow pm me.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

this dude pimpjobu has contributed alot on here helping people out with their questions and all and thats defenitly appreciated.

im impressed with the results seaglow did for my cool grey xi's i kinda made a mess and got some of it in the glue seam area and parts of the soles started to seperate, but i used shoe goo and it fixed everything up alot. the soles look way better now as well.

only problem is that im stuck with an almost full bottle of seaglow now i have no use for, so if any one in so cal needs some seaglow pm me.
The XI's will yellow again you should keep the seaglow.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

im impressed with the results seaglow did for my cool grey xi's i kinda made a mess and got some of it in the glue seam area and parts of the soles started to seperate, but i used shoe goo and it fixed everything up alot. the soles look way better now as well.

The XI's will yellow again you should keep the seaglow.
i was thinking about holding onto it, but it took me forever to get the seaglowing process right
laugh.gif
i was beyond scared of messing my shoes up while applying the seaglow.

I really do appreciate pimpjobu and i always try to help out even though i may not be expert, plus i havent been on this thread in several days.

^with the creases, i'm not too sure on what will get them out. as far as the stains, might want to try suede/nubuck cleaner or suede/nubuck eraser. thecleaner is the best one to use first. get the one with the pump, not the spray. just pump the cleaner onto the areas and use the brush applicator to scrub itin the areas. get a towel or paper towel to wipe away after you're done. this stuff does work good. i mean my daughter stepped on my carmine's todayand it had a nasty black mark on the red toe box. cleaned it up real fast. if your stain is still there, then use the eraser. be careful as to not rub too hardto tear up the area.
^^not too sure on how to get out crease marks on the back tabs on xi's. just gonna have to live with it imo.
nubuck xii's- if the nubuck is dirty, use suede/nubuck cleaner or suede/nubuck eraser. i'm assuming this is the area you're talking about that isaffected or else you wouldn't ask this.
to everyone else on here, thanks. i just want to help out in any way i can. if i know a way to clean/maintain shoes and can answer your questions, i do my bestto answer them.

What should I do to get the stains out of the mesh part of these ix's. And what should I do about the paint chipping off the side, thx.
33m0kcj.jpg
24q1wm0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom