:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I'm trying to stretch out a pair of shoes that are too tight around my pinky toe. I heard of puttin water in a zip loc and freezing it. Just wondering exactly how to do that though and how much water to put in the bag. I tried it before but don't think I did it right. I'm trying to do it right with enough water without the bag breaking and wetting shoes

Last edited:
I'm trying to stretch out a pair of shoes that are too tight around my pinky toe. I heard of puttin water in a zip loc and freezing it? Just wondering exactly how to do that though and how much water to put in the bag. I tried it before but don't think I did it right
i think a shoe cobbler/shoe repair place stretches out shoes and makes em bigger. they do it professionally. i would try that.

I'm trying to stretch out a pair of shoes that are too tight around my pinky toe. I heard of puttin water in a zip loc and freezing it. Just wondering exactly how to do that though and how much water to put in the bag. I tried it before but don't think I did it right. I'm trying to do it right with enough water without the bag breaking and wetting shoes

Try something like this

Amazon product ASIN B001B8A726

yeah so im guessing some kind of dye at this point, will suede or nubuck dye harm it or is either a good choice?
Dye would probably be a better choice. I really only work with leather stuff, so you'd have to ask one of the more experienced customizers.

I'm pretty sure there's a canvas dye out there. A lot of younger girls use it to paint vans/cons. I just don't know where to look for it.

Need help crew. Tried to Ice my 11s with Sole Bright and got a little separation. Is there an easy fix for this?

Last edited:
Need help crew. Tried to Ice my 11s with Sole Bright and got a little separation. Is there an easy fix for this?

Easy fix. Barge infinity cement, e6000, i don't recommend super glue though because that **** is the worst when you have to unglue and remove it. And only glue that dries clear for Icy Soles

But first remove any of the old residue with acetone/nail polish remover so that the new glue can properly adhere. Any other questions pm me. Reguled the soles of my 09' Jams twice now. Did some 00' Jams also

will acetone/nail polish remover be okay to use on the patent leather??
ive used nail polish remover, the 100% acetone kind, to remove light scuffs from the patent leather on my 11s. but a big warning,..use a q-tip and only a little bit at a time and do NOT rub too hard or let it sit too long.

ive used nail polish remover, the 100% acetone kind, to remove light scuffs from the patent leather on my 11s. but a big warning,..use a q-tip and only a little bit at a time and do NOT rub too hard or let it sit too long.

Black 11s?

Black 11s?
yup. my bred 11s and infrareds are the black 11s ive used it on. if u not careful, u can dull the leather or even create a mark on em that wont come off.

is there anything else you can use besides acetone on the patent leather?
You should be just fine using acetone. I always use 100% acetone to strip glue, it gets on the patent leather of 09' Jams but comes off real easy. Just have a cuticle cutter or something that you can easily remove the glue with after dabbing it with acetone. 

What method would I use to go about removing the swoosh from the medial side of the toe on the LeBron XII? It's sort of screened onto the megafuse.

It literally makes the shoe unwearable, according to my taste. Thanks for your replies.

What method would I use to go about removing the swoosh from the medial side of the toe on the LeBron XII? It's sort of screened onto the megafuse.

It literally makes the shoe unwearable, according to my taste. Thanks for your replies.
That's fuse layed over the mesh basically. It's plastic and is colored, Can't do much about it.

Hi everyone, so I recently copped a pair of Midnight Navy 6s with some paint chipping on the toe box and on the midsole. What colors would you guys recommend I buy in order to create that specific color of Navy found on the midsole and the white found on the toe box? Also, are there any decent alternatives to Angelus Paint I could cop at any regular arts and crafts store? Would anyone recommend I use Americana Acrylic Paint (found at Michaels)? It seems like they got the right shade of navy I need for my 6's but I want to make sure the paint will last.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, so I recently copped a pair of Midnight Navy 6s with some paint chipping on the toe box and on the midsole. What colors would you guys recommend I buy in order to create that specific color of Navy found on the midsole and the white found on the toe box? Also, are there any decent alternatives to Angelus Paint I could cop at any regular arts and crafts store? Would anyone recommend I use Americana Acrylic Paint (found at Michaels)? It seems like they got the right shade of navy I need for my 6's but I want to make sure the paint will last.

Angelus's paint is made specificaly for leather. I don't think acrylic paint would be a good idea on leather.

What is a good leather conditioner for 1985 Air Jordan 1s? Im trying to preserve my pair as long as possible.

Back
Top Bottom