:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Does anyone have experience with shoe goo for gluing midsoles? I bought some for $5 and practicing on an old beater pair and it's clamped on already. My tub of barge cement actually disappeared to half the amount and it's lost its adhesive Ness, feels like rubber. Is shoe goo strong stuff after it dries? Thanks!
Shoe goo sucks, probably the worst glue I used. Barge infinity is your best bet. 

So I've tried a few of the suggested methods in attempt to restore this nubuck blemish, without success. Used the eraser/brush method, cleaner, attempted to reset with brass brush, and while the rest of the shoe looks great, this spot remains. What products/process can I use to bring the nubuck on these VI's back?

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with shoe goo for gluing midsoles? I bought some for $5 and practicing on an old beater pair and it's clamped on already. My tub of barge cement actually disappeared to half the amount and it's lost its adhesive Ness, feels like rubber. Is shoe goo strong stuff after it dries? Thanks!
This sounds familiar. Idk why but that also happened to my barge cement. Maybe it's because I didn't store it properly.. I think? What about you?

This sounds familiar. Idk why but that also happened to my barge cement. Maybe it's because I didn't store it properly.. I think? What about you?

I stored it under my bathroom sink lol. I wondered who used it but it just evaporated I guess. Tried taking the brush out and it was just as rubber. I'm better off buying the small containers from eBay.

I'm a bit OCD and want to keep them factory laced for now lol. Any other methods or products I can use to wipe them off?
I honestly don't think a "wipe" will work to get the stain out. Not trying to get on your ocd but dude just lace them the same way u took them out and you will be fine. You'll actually be happier if u did because after your laces will be fresh. Hope u end up unlacing them. :smokin

Last edited:
not sure if i posted this here yet (sorry for the crappy photo) but i bought a pair of 2001 jordan 11s from the thrift store and restored them (badly). they're wearable now and look nice, but glue stains are all over the damn place (even the laces and mesh). how do i get those off? also, any way to whiten the midsole?

worked on my jordan 11s, barge cement is better though. had to use a lot of glue on my 11s though

not sure if i posted this here yet (sorry for the crappy photo) but i bought a pair of 2001 jordan 11s from the thrift store and restored them (badly). they're wearable now and look nice, but glue stains are all over the damn place (even the laces and mesh). how do i get those off? also, any way to whiten the midsole?

Jordan 7s have a PU (polyurethane) midsole like 2s 3s 4s 5s 6s 8s and 9s, and will eventually crumble.

Jordan 7s have a PU (polyurethane) midsole like 2s 3s 4s 5s 6s 8s and 9s, and will eventually crumble.

My 7s haven't crumbled one bit. I have a pair of og7 breds and 2004 olympics and they haven't crumbled. Only issue I had on the og was sole seperation and on olympics the lateral peaks on midsole became unglued which I used super glue to glue it back down. Worked like a charm. I was thinking of doing the same with my air max 98s for gluing the sole to the air bubble. It's a small seperation but it's annoying me since I just got them not too long ago.

Hi fam, I am planning to do a sole swap on my AJ 4 Tour Yellow, but the only problem is that I applied (a lot of) super glue to fix the midsole separation. But I don't know whether or not, it will work. Will the super glue make the sole swapping process tougher? I really hope it will have no impact.

Honestly for something that small crazy glue can do the trick. Barge usually is for larger shoe projects which need to dry down overnight. Crazy glue just press for 30 seconds and you're done. If none of those ideas aren't to your liking, take it to a shoe repair shop.

Back
Top Bottom