:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Been trying to find a solution to this problem for about 4 years to no avail.
Tried alcohol, nail polish, oxi clean... nothin wrked last resort is this... hopefully it wrks... hv 4 pair with this problem!!! Infared 6s, gold medal 11s, blue mirror foams, yeezy foams...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-21-17-21-45.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-21-17-21-45.png
    946.8 KB · Views: 13
Man it's crazy how there's still no solution for the dark marks on the clear sole. I think it's aliens fellas :D
Really crazy smh, especially wen ur ocd about ur kicks like i am!!! Most of my pairs with ink are deadstock or worn once... is there a cover up glue or eraseable marker they sell? Still gone rock my pairs tho, wnt see it wen on foot, but i know the ink marks is there, so it will always bother me!! Smh

Just to ask again, if someone here does restorations, can you inbox me please?

Thanks.

Ok hey I need some help, so for the life of me I cannot figure out the perfect way to clean suede and nubuck shoes, everytime I clean them they either chance color or the nap on the nubuck cones out and it looks like fur anyway that I can fix this, (for example) just bought some 7 pure money's, wore them to take pictures in and got a couple grass stains on them, I cleaned them with crep but now the nubuck is either hard or if I brush it with a soft brush it will end up looking like fur and changing color and little bits if it comming off anyone know a way to fix this?

Ok hey I need some help, so for the life of me I cannot figure out the perfect way to clean suede and nubuck shoes, everytime I clean them they either chance color or the nap on the nubuck cones out and it looks like fur anyway that I can fix this, (for example) just bought some 7 pure money's, wore them to take pictures in and got a couple grass stains on them, I cleaned them with crep but now the nubuck is either hard or if I brush it with a soft brush it will end up looking like fur and changing color and little bits if it comming off anyone know a way to fix this?
I can post pictures if needed

I am looking for help/reviews as much about a product than restoration; I've used search function and it has never been mentioned before.

I bought a product called 'Force Field Protector' from Footlocker (in UK but it's apparently a US product). Instructions broadly speaking, spray it on and it protects any surface, from anything albeit water resistant not water proof. That it even does UV protect and doesn't cause that yellowing everyone hates. Anything gets grubby, should wipe off with a baby wipe or warm water and then just respray/reseal. Here is the product:
20170724_200604.jpg

I used it on three pairs to try out.

One of those was a pair of Kobe AD Demar DeRozan PEs. Then I wore them the next day, and yeah its stupid but I ended up chasing my kid into a field and long story short, the shoes got grubby. Also I think some of the marks may be pollen.
No sweat I figured, that's why I got the protection stuff. But I've tried the baby wipes, I've tried warm water and a clean rag and then my usual store shoe cleaner that works on most stuff.
But some of the marks are still there, and if anything the damp seemed to make the marks seep in more.

The material is canvas but its slightly different to the other Kobe ADs in that its softer and has a sort of weave pattern through it which I think is just cotton stitching.
Marks are just at the Kobe symbol in Pic 1, and at the toebox in Pic 2:
20170724_200808.jpg
20170724_200906.jpg

So my questions:

1) Anyone else used this product? If so, positive or negative experience? Any further advice about using it?

2) Despite being in UK I have sourced Barkeeper's Friend, so that's my next step for the cleaning. But any other or alternative advice on what next for this material?

Thanks in advance

Need to repaint the heal of my AM90 infrared.
IMG_1165.JPG

Do I use this?
6215F957-BEB1-4258-ADA4-CA3AEEE90149-2081-00000130018C985D.jpeg

Also what kind of brush? Repped for help.

I am looking for help/reviews as much about a product than restoration; I've used search function and it has never been mentioned before.

I bought a product called 'Force Field Protector' from Footlocker (in UK but it's apparently a US product). Instructions broadly speaking, spray it on and it protects any surface, from anything albeit water resistant not water proof. That it even does UV protect and doesn't cause that yellowing everyone hates. Anything gets grubby, should wipe off with a baby wipe or warm water and then just respray/reseal. Here is the product:
20170724_200604.jpg

I used it on three pairs to try out.

One of those was a pair of Kobe AD Demar DeRozan PEs. Then I wore them the next day, and yeah its stupid but I ended up chasing my kid into a field and long story short, the shoes got grubby. Also I think some of the marks may be pollen.
No sweat I figured, that's why I got the protection stuff. But I've tried the baby wipes, I've tried warm water and a clean rag and then my usual store shoe cleaner that works on most stuff.
But some of the marks are still there, and if anything the damp seemed to make the marks seep in more.

The material is canvas but its slightly different to the other Kobe ADs in that its softer and has a sort of weave pattern through it which I think is just cotton stitching.
Marks are just at the Kobe symbol in Pic 1, and at the toebox in Pic 2:
20170724_200808.jpg
20170724_200906.jpg

So my questions:

1) Anyone else used this product? If so, positive or negative experience? Any further advice about using it?

2) Despite being in UK I have sourced Barkeeper's Friend, so that's my next step for the cleaning. But any other or alternative advice on what next for this material?

Thanks in advance

1. Yes I have used it and others similiar to it like Crep, Scotch-Gard, Footlocker brand and others. My experience over the years has led me to believe they are all basically the same. They will repel water and spills but never protect fully against stains such as grass, oil or grease. I've concluded that price doesn't make a difference. These days I purchase Scotch-Gard from Walmart, the cheapest. Very important! None of these fabric protectors will stop the yellowing.

2. Regarding cleaning, just try some Dawn and warm water. Again, over the years (collector for 20 years) I found Dawn works best for most cleaning jobs. Grass stains are one of the most difficult and never fully come out in my experience.
However, your pair looks fine, I think you're going overboard. No one will ever notice those tiny discolorations.

My advise, just relax, embrace your shoes and don't worry so much, they will get dirty, they will yellow and they will crumble
and deteriorate as they get up in age. Just wear them and enjoy!

Does anyone know how to prevent the boost from yellowing? I'm usually very careful when wearing my shoes and I store them away during the winter, also clean after every wear but sometimes I wear them in the rain and I heard moisture speeds up the process, but I'm skeptical on spraying my kicks with CREP, anyone that has experience with them.. are they more harmful than good?

Hello can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of scrapes and scuffs off of 2016 and 2017 airmax thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to prevent the boost from yellowing? I'm usually very careful when wearing my shoes and I store them away during the winter, also clean after every wear but sometimes I wear them in the rain and I heard moisture speeds up the process, but I'm skeptical on spraying my kicks with CREP, anyone that has experience with them.. are they more harmful than good?

You can never stop the boost from yellowing. It will happen over time no matter what you do.
Humidity is not good for your shoes. If you live in Miami your shoes will yellow faster than if you lived in Tuscon.

Crep or any water repellent will allow the rain water to slide off the material whereas if there was no water repellent the
shoe will absorb the water. So for that alone it's recommended. I'd suggest spraying a small spot inside the shoe to be sure no discoloration occurs before proceeding with the entire shoe.

Back
Top Bottom