:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone have a solution this scratch on the back of my jordan 1? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3682.PNG
    IMG_3682.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 35
has anyone found a good non-acetone way to strip midsoles?

i've seen some of these cats selling this stuff but i'm not paying $25 for a bottle holding enough to strip three bloody pairs when it's probably something easily found like when someone discovered 40 developer instead of all this "sole sauce" stuff
Has anyone tried tamiya paint thinner, i been building high end car models and this would be my First try

For a shoe repaint, is a paint finish spray needed? Does it protect the paint from peeling or cracking again?

Also going to attempt a XIII reglue, already removed all the old glue with acetone. Just have it learn through trial and error how to do a proper reglue.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I have a DS pair of Banned 1s (2016). When I take them out of the box, the black leather has glitter all over it. Does anyone know what this means and what should I do about it? Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can prevent it?

Hi everyone. I have a DS pair of Banned 1s (2016). When I take them out of the box, the black leather has glitter all over it. Does anyone know what this means and what should I do about it? Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can prevent it?

Wow the 2016's have it already? If you were to wipe it all off, it would come back.
I had 2 pairs of 1's that I discovered like this.
Angelus leather balm, 2 or 3 generous coats. Made the leather softer and no more fairy dust.

It's a chemical reaction of some type and has been noted on numerous Jordan's and other shoes like the Stefan Janoski's.
No real way to stop it but you should clean it off. It will unfortunately come back if the shoes are stored and not worn.

Nothing to be too concerned about.

Yeah I looked at some of my other 1s and saw the same thing on the Barons. As long as wiping the glitter off works I'm fine with it. I was just scared that eventually wiping it off wouldn't work. Thanks everyone!

What's up fellas,

I made this video to educated on how to clean/restore sneakers using household items.

If you fast forward to 11:36, you'll find an awesome segment on how to remove creases from toe boxes. This technique works very well on Retro 1s.

IMG_1088.JPG

My barons and shadow have this "glitter" only on black parts, and I can't clean it because they remain less, how can I clean it?

How can i remove this scratch from Jordan 11 Concord low patent leather. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170827_223024.jpg
    IMG_20170827_223024.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20170827_223024.jpg
    IMG_20170827_223024.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20170828_140241.jpg
    IMG_20170828_140241.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20170828_140227.jpg
    IMG_20170828_140227.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 16
So I cleaned a bunch of dog poop off the sole of one of my pairs (for the most part, probably needs another pass), but it still smells really bad obviously. Any ideas specific to the getting the smell out of the outsole/sole? Please quote so I get the notification. Appreciate any insight. Was thinking about a baking soda paste on the affected area. Cleaning that off might be a little tough, but it'd be easier and smell better than the poop.

Febreze?

I had the same problem and I just aired it out and used a lot of baby powder, air freshener, and dryer sheets. Want to say it took well over a month for the dog smell to finally go away through.

Even a few washer cycles didn't get rid of the smell.

In the process of repainting my brother's Cool Grey 9s....one thing I hate about Angelus paint is that clumps up the longer it sits out. Everything can't be perfect, but from a distance, the paint job does look good, but up close is where you see all the brush strokes and the dried up pieces that stick to the paint.

I am using the 1 oz bottle and brush so that could be the issue, but want to get to the point where it's just a even smooth coat of paint in time eventually.

How can i remove this scratch from Jordan 11 Concord low patent leather. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Looks more like white mark than a scratch. Try to get them off using water and a towel first. Maybr a little dish soap.. You may need to keep rubbing to get it off.

So I cleaned a bunch of dog poop off the sole of one of my pairs (for the most part, probably needs another pass), but it still smells really bad obviously. Any ideas specific to the getting the smell out of the outsole/sole? Please quote so I get the notification. Appreciate any insight. Was thinking about a baking soda paste on the affected area. Cleaning that off might be a little tough, but it'd be easier and smell better than the poop.

Dish soap and water on the parts that had dog **** on them. If that dont work, let them sit outside in the sunlight for a few hrs.

Baby wipes ok? Or not? Also silica packs found in like packets of tortillas are they ok to put inside shoes for storing?
Silica packets are fine. Just dont over do it. And always remember to take your shoes out of the box and let them air every few months. I have never had cracking on any of my shoes , use silica packets alot.. Also I store them in bags. But I leave a small opening in the bag...

Baby wipes ok? Or not? Also silica packs found in like packets of tortillas are they ok to put inside shoes for storing?
Silica packets are fine. Just dont over do it. And always remember to take your shoes out of the box and let them air every few months. I have never had cracking on any of my shoes , use silica packets alot.. Also I store them in bags. But I leave a small opening in the bag...

Back
Top Bottom