:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

K since I wasn't supervising it's hard to tell but it's one of these two things, either the paint didn't strip fully down to the base (meaning your acetone was still kinda there) or your paint didn't dry enough between coats in that area. you might have problems in the long run but it would probably last a bit like that, if you don't like the way it looks strip it back down again and wait a while after using your acetone to make sure that it dries out fully.

Thanks. I’ll probably just deal with it. It’s much better than before. This was a learning process, since it was my first attempt.

My Fire Reds are chipping to, so I may get to them eventually. The only pair from this 2012 run of these that haven’t chipped are the cements. Those must have come from a different factory or something because there are subtle shape and material differences between those and the others.

Here are some before and after pics. The lightning makes the black look grayish on the top shoe in the after pics for some reason.

916021C2-6D13-462A-B866-505F95F7CA53.jpeg
077AA238-8B39-4E0D-842D-3CD906869125.jpeg
E6B530DE-E960-4B36-B4E9-F3B421106CFD.jpeg
DAC3513E-5D62-4B2B-B05A-37CA39009802.jpeg
83212742-B7DC-41EA-9DC2-82F86D000CE0.jpeg

you need to get rid of the excess material (i use really high grit sandpaper like 1000-2000) and then angelus black. will make it less noticeable. you can try a leather repair kit on amazon to try to replace the torn material and they come with a pattern kit to match the texture, then you paint over once it's set.

I wanted to give new life to the patent leather on my 11s.
Is Black Magic Tire Wet the best route, or is there something else that works better?

152jdkh.jpg

2gtdxdh.jpg

Complete newb at J1’s - in need of a breakdown on tips/products/methods for general care/maintenance for my upcoming pair . Want to be ready when they arrive because I’m going to rock em every chance I get . I use warm water/soap+toothbrush to clean other kicks , and I’ll probably use that to buff little stains off the soles but I’m skeptical about using that mix on other sections of the 1’s .

I read about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on here for the insides . Any leather-friendly cleaner/wipes people swear by to clean dust/mud/dirt on the outside panels/uppers ?

If you have a proper method/product when cleaning your everyday pair of Jordan 1’s , help a brotha out !

Last edited:
I wanted to give new life to the patent leather on my 11s.
Is Black Magic Tire Wet the best route, or is there something else that works better?

152jdkh.jpg

2gtdxdh.jpg

Microfiber cloth and shoeshine, if you have a Nordstroms available near you take them there and see if they will shine them up for you for a fee.

Complete newb at J1’s - in need of a breakdown on tips/products/methods for general care/maintenance for my upcoming pair . Want to be ready when they arrive because I’m going to rock em every chance I get . I use warm water/soap+toothbrush to clean other kicks , and I’ll probably use that to buff little stains off the soles but I’m skeptical about using that mix on other sections of the 1’s .

I read about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on here for the insides . Any leather-friendly cleaner/wipes people swear by to clean dust/mud/dirt on the outside panels/uppers ?

If you have a proper method/product when cleaning your everyday pair of Jordan 1’s , help a brotha out !

reshoevn8r sells wipes if you want easy maintenance. any of the name brand cleaners will work for keeping them clean.

Microfiber cloth and shoeshine, if you have a Nordstroms available near you take them there and see if they will shine them up for you for a fee.

I went to Nordstroms with my 11s and the employees didn't know what to do with patent leather lol, they directed me to the shoe maintenance section of the store and all they really had was a sponge/brush for black leather, and water repellent. I read many things online, tire wipes to actual hand lotion... I guess I'll try one or the other

Now I have bigger issue at hand though. I rocked my 2009 space jams yesterday and first noticed this at the toe cap

141ijoo.jpg

Then I noticed this on both shoes

fz4utv.jpg

2rwnntk.jpg

On the back of the shoe, the ousole is still firmly attached, but the middle part near the carbon fibre plate, if i put pressure on it, I can continue peeling off the sole haha. Barge infinity cement works well for this? I don't know if I should just send it to somebody to get a full reglue done instead, I'm scared to mess it up.

I went to Nordstroms with my 11s and the employees didn't know what to do with patent leather lol, they directed me to the shoe maintenance section of the store and all they really had was a sponge/brush for black leather, and water repellent. I read many things online, tire wipes to actual hand lotion... I guess I'll try one or the other

Now I have bigger issue at hand though. I rocked my 2009 space jams yesterday and first noticed this at the toe cap

141ijoo.jpg

fz4utv.jpg

2rwnntk.jpg

On the back of the shoe, the ousole is still firmly attached, but the middle part near the carbon fibre plate, if i put pressure on it, I can continue peeling off the sole haha. Barge infinity cement works well for this? I don't know if I should just send it to somebody to get a full reglue done instead, I'm scared to mess it up.

if you've never done a re-glue then yes send them to someone. could be as little as 40$ depending on who does them. yes barge would work well. if you decide to do it be careful in the amount of adhesive so you dont wind up with extra everywhere.

yo i can restore that

141ijoo.jpg

fz4utv.jpg

2rwnntk.jpg

I have a bunch of Foams that have yellow soles due to age/wear. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do to make them icy again?

I have a bunch of Foams that have yellow soles due to age/wear. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do to make them icy again?
Alot of people will say that boat cleaner or that salon cream cleaner. Honestly, once they yellow they wont be icey again. You can prevent them from yellowing or slow the process but it is invietable. Its on Youtube.

However... I saw a neat technique where some guy actually dyed his yellow soles on his eggplants with a blue dye that he diluted down so that it looked icey. In my opinion it is the best technique Ive seen and the safest.

don’t know if I’m in the right thread. I’m looking to buy some 07 fire red 3’s and 06 fire red 4’s. are these pairs still wearable or are they starting to break down?

deadstock is usually worse in this situation right?
I wouldn’t know how they were stored, I’m looking at some on stockx
True and yea, that’s a shot in the dark. Goat might be better in this situation, just because you might have pics to look at.

Back
Top Bottom