:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Really? I have been using reshovn8r and laundry soap on my Suede and Nubuck for years. Even on customers shoes and it never ruined them. Travis scott 6s ,4s etc. If you use it continuously yeah it will fade the shoes but not ruin them 1 time use for a tough stain.
Yeah really. Even reached out to them personally for ruining my 800 dollar shoes,, nothing. Used it once and it ruined my shoes. Depend on what shoe. Id use it on sythetics, maybe. Never on real suede. FYI JB doesn't use real suede, very rarely. And if they do its far from premium suede. Also it definitely changes the texture, you can't deny that.

I'm not saying you're methods dont work either so I'm not trying to come off disrespectful but I was stating i have done it before with no bad effects. But cleaning them with water more than once or twice you'll fade the color. If you brush them after cleaning the 1 time the nap will be fine and the color wont fade in my experience.
No worries. But none of those shoes you listed have had premium suede.. even NIKEs premium suede isn't premium.

Anything that will fade color on one time or two time use, isn't a recommended method in my book. Alot safer methods we have perfected on this thread for cleaning shoes.

Bare in mind. Alot of peeps who ask for help here may not have experience cleaning shoes. If your comfortable using JM or Reshoevantor. Or Detergent. Thats fine. Detergent has been used since the early 1990s. But I wouldn't recommend it to someone who don't know what is what and have them mess up their kicks. I've ruined more pairs cleaning and learning to clean in the past 15 years than anything. So I tend to recommend safe methods first. Once I got my system down, I never ruined another pair.

Pairs that JM / Reshoevantor ruined - Hypercat 577s (washed the dye off), NB Tannery 998s (washed the dye off), Laney Low XIVs (washed the blue dye right off), Huffnstuff Nike SBs , Entourage SBs (turned the black suede to ash) just to name a few. Only took one time for me, and I'm pretty advanced with my cleaning skills.

Would I use it on Fabric. YES... Would I use it on Leather.. Maybe.

Water damages Suede and Leather. It's a last resort method if anything. I'd rather clean my full grain leather with leather cream , than detergent honestly. Suede , I use sprays. Sythentic Suedes e.g. durabuck - I use sprays.

Downside is the sprays are toxic af. So it can be tiring. That's why if I'm spray clean, I spray clean 4-5 pairs at once.

hi guys, does anybody know about what size of donor should I use for 2007 Air max 1 Atmos Elephants? Same size on both or different? Ty

Have a pair of DS KD IV Galaxy I'm looking to ice that I had stored in a box since 2012 lol. Going to use Angelus Sole Bright as suggested by some in this thread the last year or so. Think T_p_Hill T_p_Hill mentioned adding a blue dye to the sole sauce to get a blue tint on page 672. Seems like in the picture you took for the Space Jams you used this blue dye?

IMG_3245.jpg

Trying to get something similar to this:

ammovixrtanmnrkuc1kt.jpg

This is going to be my first project and I don't think it has been answered in here, but how long before you have to re-ice again? Reading some reviews online seeing that after applying the sole sauce the soles can get more yellow than if you don't apply anything. Any truth to this?
Whatup brotha forgive the delay, Ok so yes had gave a go at the dye added to sauce wipe and go method with a couple pairs onhand with pretty good results that have lasted ever since.
As for sole yellowing or any issues in general post sauce treatment ive never experienced any. In the very near future i do plan on mixing dye specifically formulated for soles such as Dark Knights to add that icy blue back.
Only time i had issues with sole bright/v50 etc was error on my part for leaving out under direct sunlight on a hot day for too long, that aside the yellow can and will return at some point but ive yet to ever see it on any kicks in the collection with some being treated almost 8 or 10yrs back. Run it right run it multiple times and should be gucci for a long time, alot of people make the process out to be more than what it actually is.

Last edited:
been a while since I’ve wanted to clean some shoes with suede, I got these Rhude V1 Hi's from a buddy of mine since they don't fit him

any tips on how to clean the jean spots on these?

73BF39A5-2F2F-4144-8FA0-71B7B61F2FDE.jpeg

47ABE037-53F2-4F8D-AF19-CE8EF499002E.jpeg

Also I got some Magic Eraser on hand. Anything else I should know and need before cleaning em?

Whatups everyone! Been afk from NikeTalk and started my little restoration business over quarantine! Check out and follow my page on Instagram @loveyoursnkrs! Message me as well if you want to talk more about kicks and restoration!

With that said, I was wondering if anyone has separated Jordan 11Es as donors? I have a pretty new pair that someone needs swapped for some spacejams? Any tips on separating newer shoes?

Just got this pair from GOAT a few days ago and it came with some blue stains on the midsole. Any tips for getting rid of them?
image.jpg

Whatups everyone! Been afk from NikeTalk and started my little restoration business over quarantine! Check out and follow my page on Instagram @loveyoursnkrs! Message me as well if you want to talk more about kicks and restoration!

With that said, I was wondering if anyone has separated Jordan 11Es as donors? I have a pretty new pair that someone needs swapped for some spacejams? Any tips on separating newer shoes?
Congrats on the new business. For separating donor soles you’re going to need a heat gun that can control the temperature when doing the job. I’ve done this to the Jordan 11 ie and those other Jordan brand shoes with the same midsole. Be careful to not melt the midsole when doing this job. Once you get the uppers to come apart from the midsole it’s a lot easier to finish. I don’t know how strong the glues used today are compared to when I last did this swap 10 years ago. Good luck.

what do y'all use to clean white mesh?

I made a poor choice in what shoes to wear yesterday

Bar Keeper's Friend.

I definitely recommend it.

Use a soft bristle toothbrush and clean the mesh first with soap and water.

Then rub some of this cleaner one and scrub gently. Wash off after.

You'll see the difference

barkeeper.JPG

Bar Keeper's Friend.

barkeeper.JPG

Think this would work on sail off white 5’s?

Think this would work on sail off white 5’s?

Im not sure my Sails are still DS lol.

But I would give it a try, after soap and water.

But since the material is a creamish color (Off White), I would use a tiny bit at first to make sure it doesn't stain.

The good thing about Barkeeper's Friend is that it doesn't bleed blue like the AJAX or COMET cleaning powders.

Make sure to use a new soft bristle toothbrush and be gentle.

Im not sure my Sails are still DS lol.

But I would give it a try, after soap and water.

But since the material is a creamish color (Off White), I would use a tiny bit at first to make sure it doesn't stain.

The good thing about Barkeeper's Friend is that it doesn't bleed blue like the AJAX or COMET cleaning powders.

Make sure to use a new soft bristle toothbrush and be gentle.

yeah mine came from Goat DS with a small black spot on upper, I thought no big deal.. a little jason markkk will take it right off... didnt work.. even tried a lil bit of dawn, and still there.

Bar Keeper's Friend.

barkeeper.JPG

You ever use the liquid version, or does only the powder work?

Congrats on the new business. For separating donor soles you’re going to need a heat gun that can control the temperature when doing the job. I’ve done this to the Jordan 11 ie and those other Jordan brand shoes with the same midsole. Be careful to not melt the midsole when doing this job. Once you get the uppers to come apart from the midsole it’s a lot easier to finish. I don’t know how strong the glues used today are compared to when I last did this swap 10 years ago. Good luck.
Appreciate it!! I was thinking of using a blow dryer because I'm afraid I might damage it with too much heat. Also considered pouring hot water/rubbing alcohol on the inside.

Bar Keeper's Friend.

barkeeper.JPG
so it will just clean it, not turn it yellow??

it's on a brand new pair so the mesh (other than the dirt spots) is whitey white

You ever use the liquid version, or does only the powder work?

I haven't used the liquid, I can only vouch for the powder.

FYI, it has a strong smell too, but works wonders.

so it will just clean it, not turn it yellow??

it's on a brand new pair so the mesh (other than the dirt spots) is whitey white

The powder will not turn it yellow. The powder is white.

I've used it on all my 11s with white uppers. You can use it on the midsoles and the bottom as well.

I should’ve took a before photo, but this is after using it. The Legend Blues turned to a super clean white.

B7D7955C-7E9D-4ED7-83C5-005DC636FC7D.jpeg

I haven't used the liquid, I can only vouch for the powder.

FYI, it has a strong smell too, but works wonders.

The powder will not turn it yellow. The powder is white.

I've used it on all my 11s with white uppers. You can use it on the midsoles and the bottom as well.

I should’ve took a before photo, but this is after using it. The Legend Blues turned to a super clean white.

B7D7955C-7E9D-4ED7-83C5-005DC636FC7D.jpeg
So is Barkeepers Friend only good for cleaning dirt off? Does it change yellowing?

My problem is that the white mesh is clean it's just yellow from age.

Back
Top Bottom