:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

So I’m looking to get some AM95’s from around 2006 resoled...Never been down this road before but what’s some legit sites that offer this service...I’m in Vegas and there’s no local spots I’d fell comfortable with doing the job...Much rather send them off to somebody with experience in working with sneakers...

Anyone know how to clean this yellow sole up.
54CA0F52-5E2A-4F1B-8F72-016E539C81F2.jpeg
6FB19F85-AB37-451E-9B8C-7DA6951AFDCF.jpeg

Does anyone know what's the best process to clean the Black cement 4s uppers from 2019? Is it just reshovn8r and distilled water or any best processes?

Does anyone know what's the best process to clean the Black cement 4s uppers from 2019? Is it just reshovn8r and distilled water or any best processes?
No. Use Kiwi Suede spray. It's best to keep suede away from water and Kiwi Suede Protector. Spray outside....

No. Use Kiwi Suede spray. It's best to keep suede away from water and Kiwi Suede Protector. Spray outside....
The 2019s are a synthetic Nubuck without nap is that still cool to use on it? I just see a lot of white kind of spots and want to clean it bad.

How can you tell if it’s solid white rubber or painted white?
All of the Air Jordan 1s are Rubber cup soles and are completely made of pure rubber. If you have a older pair that is separated you could look inside the cup sole and see that it is white rubber on the whole thing and the bottom is just a rubber but with color. If that makes sense I'm bad and explaining things .

All of the Air Jordan 1s are Rubber cup soles and are completely made of pure rubber. If you have a older pair that is separated you could look inside the cup sole and see that it is white rubber on the whole thing and the bottom is just a rubber but with color. If that makes sense I'm bad and explaining things .
No, yeah thanks bro I’m just wondering if there’s an easy way to tell right away for any model or shoe in general.

No, yeah thanks bro I’m just wondering if there’s an easy way to tell right away for any model or shoe in general.
Well tbh anything that is made of rubber with JB is not painted at all the only thing they paint on their shoes is the midsole, even the uppers are leather died and sealed with a polyurethane coating for protection.

Well tbh anything that is made of rubber with JB is not painted at all the only thing they paint on their shoes is the midsole, even the uppers are leather died and sealed with a polyurethane coating for protection.
That would make perfect sense! Good to know I NEED to know these things. Thank you.

Anyone know how to get rid of a drink stain on toebox (i.e. cold brew coffee) out of suede/nubuck?

Attachments

• IMG_4169.jpg
    IMG_4169.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 312
Anyone know how to get rid of a drink stain on toebox (i.e. cold brew coffee) out of suede/nubuck?
Have you tried using a suede/Nubuck eraser? If that doesnt work you could wet it with some distilled water and reshovn8r or blue laundry soap scrub the little spot out and dab It dry, then when it fully dries you could re-nap the suede with a medium bristle brush. That's what I do with tough stains.

Have you tried using a suede/Nubuck eraser? If that doesnt work you could wet it with some distilled water and reshovn8r or blue laundry soap scrub the little spot out and dab It dry, then when it fully dries you could re-nap the suede with a medium bristle brush. That's what I do with tough stains.

Tried the Jason Markk nubuck eraser and it did nothing basically. Will try laundry soap

Tried the Jason Markk nubuck eraser and it did nothing basically. Will try laundry soap
Do you have reshovn8r or any shoe cleaning soap? That could work too. I would try not to saturate the area make sure the brush isn't soaked but it should work real well.

Dude literally a few posts above I explained what to use for suede. Hope don't do laundry soap... it will ruin suede or nubuck. As will Jason Mark or Reshoevantor or anything that involved the use of water. Stick with sprays. And a suede eraser.

I'll repeat it for you. Kiwi Suede Spray and Protector spray after you get the stain out.

Last edited:
You guys should try exploring this thread a bit. Literally almost every maintenance question under the moon has been asked and addressed. Before you do something drastic and risk ruining your shoes or making stains worse. You'd be surprised what you may find just looking at a few posts above or scrolling back some pages.

For God's sake. Don't throw your shoes in the laundry machine. Or try cleaning suede with cleaning solutions that involve water unless your shoe are literally beat up already.

The Water cleaning solutions are fine for fabrics. Or if you really want to risk trying them on leather. But any premium material, leather, or suede will involve real care. E.g. Leather Lotions, Suede Sprays, Brushes, Erasers, and proper cleaners. That's what we been using forever to keep our kicks clean, way before Jason Mark came around. It's the only real way.

If you want to PM, that's fine. And I'd help everyone if I could, but I haven't been able to be active very much lately to help you guys out.

The 2019s are a synthetic Nubuck without nap is that still cool to use on it? I just see a lot of white kind of spots and want to clean it bad.
Yeah it's fine.

Brush em off first with a suede brush. Then spray. Leave to dry. If your gonna brush them , make sure you wait 30 minutes until the shoes are dry. Then spray again, if you need to.. Repeat the process as many times until the stains dissolve. Then spray with protector spray to prevent it from staining when your done.

This works for premium suede, nubuck, durabuck, dyed suede and synthetic suedes.

It's really the only method you should ever need to use. It will get rid of 99% of stains. If you spray it a few times and you notice it still has a faint stain. Wait a day, brush. Apply suede eraser. Then spray again. So long as the stain is becoming more faint it will get it out.

Don't soak the shoes with the spray. Go outside. Hold it 6 inches away. And spray it all over the shoe. You'll notice it absorb. You can very lightly soak the stain , but I don't think you'll need to. After it's fully dry, brush em up with a suede or horse hair brush.. and viola.

I've gotten almost every stain under the sun out with this method off suede. Oil. Ketchup. Blood. I spilled an entire can of soda on my NB 998 Tannery (Cream Suede). And always able to revive.

I used Jason Mark, once and it completely messed up my shoes. Literally washed the color right off the suede. Tried it again on another pair. Same thing. I'd only use laundry soap diluted heavily with warm water, or wet Cleaning Solution on fabrics. Any kind of Leather does not like water. Water damages all types of leather.

Durabuck and synthetics, use whatever. But treat it like suede. And it will fall apart much quicker than suede. It will dry out and start peeling and cracking in 6 years. So wear them before then. If it's real suede, you'll need to worry about the glue falling apart. Real suede lasts a very very long time. I have 17 year old suede shoes, I still wear. No problem.

Last edited:
Have a pair of DS KD IV Galaxy I'm looking to ice that I had stored in a box since 2012 lol. Going to use Angelus Sole Bright as suggested by some in this thread the last year or so. Think T_p_Hill T_p_Hill mentioned adding a blue dye to the sole sauce to get a blue tint on page 672. Seems like in the picture you took for the Space Jams you used this blue dye?

IMG_3245.jpg

Trying to get something similar to this:

ammovixrtanmnrkuc1kt.jpg

This is going to be my first project and I don't think it has been answered in here, but how long before you have to re-ice again? Reading some reviews online seeing that after applying the sole sauce the soles can get more yellow than if you don't apply anything. Any truth to this?

Yeah it's fine.

Brush em off first with a suede brush. Then spray. Leave to dry. If your gonna brush them , make sure you wait 30 minutes until the shoes are dry. Then spray again, if you need to.. Repeat the process as many times until the stains dissolve. Then spray with protector spray to prevent it from staining when your done.

This works for premium suede, nubuck, durabuck, dyed suede and synthetic suedes.

It's really the only method you should ever need to use. It will get rid of 99% of stains. If you spray it a few times and you notice it still has a faint stain. Wait a day, brush. Apply suede eraser. Then spray again. So long as the stain is becoming more faint it will get it out.

Don't soak the shoes with the spray. Go outside. Hold it 6 inches away. And spray it all over the shoe. You'll notice it absorb. You can very lightly soak the stain , but I don't think you'll need to. After it's fully dry, brush em up with a suede or horse hair brush.. and viola.

I've gotten almost every stain under the sun out with this method off suede. Oil. Ketchup. Blood. I spilled an entire can of soda on my NB 998 Tannery (Cream Suede). And always able to revive.

I used Jason Mark, once and it completely messed up my shoes. Literally washed the color right off the suede. Tried it again on another pair. Same thing. I'd only use laundry soap diluted heavily with warm water, or wet Cleaning Solution on fabrics. Any kind of Leather does not like water. Water damages all types of leather.

Durabuck and synthetics, use whatever. But treat it like suede. And it will fall apart much quicker than suede. It will dry out and start peeling and cracking in 6 years. So wear them before then. If it's real suede, you'll need to worry about the glue falling apart. Real suede lasts a very very long time. I have 17 year old suede shoes, I still wear. No problem.

So Kiwi Spray for Suede cleaning (and protecting), thank you.

For synthetic leather I've always used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and have had 0 issues forever, just an FYI.

So Kiwi Spray for Suede cleaning (and protecting), thank you.

For synthetic leather I've always used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and have had 0 issues forever, just an FYI.
You can use magic eraser. But here's what I'd do to remove stains. Think of the steps as the next thing to do if step 1 don't work.

1. Suede Eraser and Brush. Repeat multiple times, suede erase. And let it sit before you brush it off.

2. Kiwi Spray. Do this multiple times.

3. Magic Eraser. Be careful using on dyed suede and sythentics. Press too hard and it may peel or wash the color off. But it's safe if your careful for spot cleaning.

4. A wet cleaning. I'd never wet clean new or ds shoes. Any kind of wet cleaning that involves water will change the texture and butteryness of nice suede. Or may turn black synthetic suede white. Or may wash the dye off the suede. There are many forms of wet cleaning. My preferred, but also very rarely if ever used. Is warm water diluted with just a bit of laundry detergent. If it's an oil stain. E.g. olive oil or food based stain. Warm water diluted in dish soap. But. You won't want to use colored soaps. Make sure the detergent you use is CLEAR. Jason Mark and Reshoevanator , use at your own risk. I've used them on many shoes. They have ruined more shoes than they have saved.. again. I RARELY make it to this step. Unless the shoes are absolutely beat. But even then, with step 2 - I can restore them considerably to 85%. And I'm talking about suede shoes I wear in the rain, snow, mud, etc.

Be patient. If it's a tough stain, it may not disappear in a day. So if you try step 1 a bunch. Let the shoes sit. Before moving to step 2.

Clean your shoes after every wear if you see anything by eye. A simple brushing. And suede eraser is all you need to do for suede and sythentic suede. And spray them with protector spray, every 6 months. This will prevent stains from absorbing deep into the material. Which makes cleaning alot easier. The caution with protector spray. It will change the texture. So for really nice suede shoes - I'll protector spray after the first deep cleaning.

Last edited:
Dude literally a few posts above I explained what to use for suede. Hope don't do laundry soap... it will ruin suede or nubuck. As will Jason Mark or Reshoevantor or anything that involved the use of water. Stick with sprays. And a suede eraser.

I'll repeat it for you. Kiwi Suede Spray and Protector spray after you get the stain out.
Really? I have been using reshovn8r and laundry soap on my Suede and Nubuck for years. Even on customers shoes and it never ruined them. Travis scott 6s ,4s etc. If you use it continuously yeah it will fade the shoes but not ruin them 1 time use for a tough stain.

I'm not saying you're methods dont work either so I'm not trying to come off disrespectful but I was stating i have done it before with no bad effects. But cleaning them with water more than once or twice you'll fade the color. If you brush them after cleaning the 1 time the nap will be fine and the color wont fade in my experience.

You can use magic eraser. But here's what I'd do to remove stains. Think of the steps as the next thing to do if step 1 don't work.

1. Suede Eraser and Brush. Repeat multiple times, suede erase. And let it sit before you brush it off.

2. Kiwi Spray. Do this multiple times.

3. Magic Eraser. Be careful using on dyed suede and sythentics. Press too hard and it may peel or wash the color off. But it's safe if your careful for spot cleaning.

4. A wet cleaning. I'd never wet clean new or ds shoes. Any kind of wet cleaning that involves water will change the texture and butteryness of nice suede. Or may turn black synthetic suede white. Or may wash the dye off the suede. There are many forms of wet cleaning. My preferred, but also very rarely if ever used. Is warm water diluted with just a bit of laundry detergent. If it's an oil stain. E.g. olive oil or food based stain. Warm water diluted in dish soap. But. You won't want to use colored soaps. Make sure the detergent you use is CLEAR. Jason Mark and Reshoevanator , use at your own risk. I've used them on many shoes. They have ruined more shoes than they have saved.. again. I RARELY make it to this step. Unless the shoes are absolutely beat. But even then, with step 2 - I can restore them considerably to 85%. And I'm talking about suede shoes I wear in the rain, snow, mud, etc.

Be patient. If it's a tough stain, it may not disappear in a day. So if you try step 1 a bunch. Let the shoes sit. Before moving to step 2.

Clean your shoes after every wear if you see anything by eye. A simple brushing. And suede eraser is all you need to do for suede and sythentic suede. And spray them with protector spray, every 6 months. This will prevent stains from absorbing deep into the material. Which makes cleaning alot easier. The caution with protector spray. It will change the texture. So for really nice suede shoes - I'll protector spray after the first deep cleaning.

Appreciate the input. This is tremendously helpful! Have a great weekend

Back
Top Bottom