:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Micellar Water. The stain on mine was Hennessy
IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3761.JPG
IMG_3760.JPG
This guy is a genius.

Goes to show alot of the so called shoe specific products are more so hype than actual results especially the cleaners.

Big facts. That Vick dude be having Reshovn8r looking like the truth though. 😂😂😂

I’ve seen some sneaker cleaner companies selling their own sole whitener, and I’ve always wondered if they’re buying 40 volume creme and repackaging it.

Cleaning out the ol house, and found a pair of deadstock breds from several years ago. But not sure what happened to them. Anyone have some insight, and know how to fix this problem? Thanks!
IMG_7689.jpg

Having the same "glitter" effect with my Royal 1s as well, but only a few spots. Don't want to go thru the whole thread, but could I just reapply a matte finisher to get rid of it?

just in their box, in the closet. what's the cause of this? any recommendations on how to remove?
Honestly have yet to see anything like that but what i can say with certainty is that the finisher used on recent models is trash.
Problem is that its not as easy applying additional finisher as that could produce uneven results. Searching the thread may be your best bet. If someone has already taken the time to write up a solution they may be less inclined to rewrite the same thing for someone elses convenience.

Anyone cleaned Kobe XI elite lows? They are a funky material but have spots on the uppers that I want to clean. Should I try Jason Marrk or something else? Definitely not going to use the brush due to the upper material. Any help from anyone who may have gone through this?

i just cleaned a pair of Kobe 11 lows using this cleaner called EB kicks which comes with a sponge. Im sure any cleaner will work but it’s recommended you don’t use any type of brush on this or any type of flyknit material. I used the sponge to clean the uppers on a pair of “Brave Blues” Kobe 11 and it did a really good job.
A4919A43-FE97-45D0-997B-83C008248B13.png

Cleaning out the ol house, and found a pair of deadstock breds from several years ago. But not sure what happened to them. Anyone have some insight, and know how to fix this problem? Thanks!
IMG_7689.jpg
Having the same "glitter" effect with my Royal 1s as well, but only a few spots. Don't want to go thru the whole thread, but could I just reapply a matte finisher to get rid of it?

Nothing will fix it. There's theories on why it happens floating around the Jordan 1 thread, but in the end most everyone there chooses to accept this **** quality. I've complained about it before and people act like I'm the crazy one lol.

There's quick fixes like wiping them down or using certain cleaners, and they might look okay for a bit, but it will eventually come back. Breds were my favorite Jordan by a mile, but I've gotten rid of every pair of Breds and Royals because of this stupid ****. It looks awful

I was able to clean up my BC3. I first used a damp cloth to wipe the area and then finished with angelus mink oil.
Here’s the video for more information:

I was able to clean up my BC3. I first used a damp cloth to wipe the area and then finished with angelus mink oil.
Here’s the video for more information:

It did it come back? If so, how many days since?

mink oil will address the glitter on J1's
wipe with baby wipes
wipe down with damp cloth , let air dry completely
then apply mink oil

common issue for DS paairs, i think they said its due to the paper.

Just applied this on my Royal 1 with the glitters. Hopefully this will permanently remove it.
4E1F49E9-515C-42BA-8149-B3FA0B43B6BB.png

Which Jordans crumble? I know 1s, 11s, and 12s don't. Just trying to figure out which models in my collection I can eventually hand down to my son.

Looks like 13s as well but that's it.

Last edited:
This thread just gave me anxiety

Holy smoke. I’m about to undead stock a lot of ****
Kicks are best worn than not. The materials need to breath exposure cleaning reconditioning and so forth just like any piece of clothing to last the distance unless the intent is to have a shoe to look at that will slowly fall apart regardless.

Back
Top Bottom