:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Damn lets see of someone can help me out now. I picked up these Infrareds the other day from my uncle. I have put some work in and restored them . Only thingnow, if possible is the toes. The suede has peeled off on the front of the toes. Other than that, the shoes are very crisp. Insole Nike Air Sign is 100%intact, these havent been worn 10 times . So please help give me some advice on what to do. Thanks.

sfgn0x.jpg

1551a9t.jpg

2pzznna.jpg

2jdhpqh.jpg

t7damh.jpg

2hf8cj4.jpg

Does anybody know if it is okay to use water repellent near clear soles or the netting on the Vs?

Originally Posted by Jordman23

Damn lets see of someone can help me out now. I picked up these Infrareds the other day from my uncle. I have put some work in and restored them . Only thing now, if possible is the toes. The suede has peeled off on the front of the toes. Other than that, the shoes are very crisp. Insole Nike Air Sign is 100% intact, these havent been worn 10 times . So please help give me some advice on what to do. Thanks.

you can try some swede dye from turtle feathers . com

other than that i can think of anything.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by nublee

Does anybody know if it is okay to use water repellent near clear soles or the netting on the Vs?
yea i think its fine. i have never heard of anyone doing that tho, so flip a coin..lol

but if you wanna do it i think it should be fine.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by nublee

yea i think its fine. i have never heard of anyone doing that tho, so flip a coin..lol

but if you wanna do it i think it should be fine.
^ good lookin out
pimp.gif

I just did it, and everything seems fine

Originally Posted by Jordman23

Damn lets see of someone can help me out now. I picked up these Infrareds the other day from my uncle. I have put some work in and restored them . Only thing now, if possible is the toes. The suede has peeled off on the front of the toes. Other than that, the shoes are very crisp. Insole Nike Air Sign is 100% intact, these havent been worn 10 times . So please help give me some advice on what to do. Thanks.

you can try some swede dye from turtle feathers . com

other than that i can think of anything.
ohwell.gif
your best bet is to get some black dye from angelus paints. the nubuck has already chipped off and there isn't anything you can do once it hasstarted. the dying of the nubuck will maybe help prevent future chipping and will fill in the discoloring caused from the areas chipped off. you might as wellrock them after you dye them since the rest of the shoes looks in real good condition.

My aquas are starting to have paint chipping. If I want to fix this I just buy angelus paint and fill in the chip parts with purple and blue right??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dillinAKAflyguy

jakecuevas, remember you were going to dye your cdp xiv and lmk if it was ok to use on laney xiv's? i guess not lol.
lol i never got to it. lol sorry.
once some money comes in i will forsure do it. and ill post pics...

Originally Posted by xblker47

My aquas are starting to have paint chipping. If I want to fix this I just buy angelus paint and fill in the chip parts with purple and blue right??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
thats one tough shoe to paint,if you think you can do it, GO FOR IT. but if the chipping is not bad then i would not do it.

ok so i was wondering if there is anyway to get rid of creasing in a shoe and also i have 3s that have cracking in the midsole what can i do about that?

^^ You can try and Iron the creases out. Fill the toebox with socks and place a damp towel over the toebox. Then iron it. About the midsoles,you can paintthem.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Can someone post the link to the Bar Keepers Friend walkthrough? I keep searching for it but cant find it. I remember seeing a person tell how to do it step by step, Im about to try it on my Retro Concords. If there isn't one can someone tell me how? I know this question gets asked alot thats why I just asked for the link, thanks!
you're right about this question being asked a lot. i've lost count on how many times i've instructed people for using bkf. so here go once again. first, get the bkf and either a rag or small towel or a toothbrush. you can use either one to help apply the bkf mixture, but the easiest one is the toothbrush. now get the bkf and mix it with some water. now here's the key to this, make sure you make a paste with the water and bkf. if it's too dry, add a little more water. if it's too watery, add some more bkf. now get the paste and put it on the toothbrush and begin to brush this paste into the mesh of the concords. depending on how dingy your shoes are will tell you how much you need to apply to get it white again. this shouldn't take too long, about a couple of minutes. after your done brushing the shoes, get the rag or towel and get it wet. use the wet towel to remove any bkf that might be left on the shoes. let the shoes air dry for a couple of hours. you should see a big improvement from before. hope this helps you.
Thanks for the help. Just got done with them and lettin them dry. The BKF is used to take the yellowing out of the mesh, right?

does anyone know about how to sort of revive a dull pair of bred iv?
the suede is sort of ashy, what can be done to revive?

Originally Posted by jordan freak 3

ok so i was wondering if there is anyway to get rid of creasing in a shoe and also i have 3s that have cracking in the midsole what can i do about that?

with the cracking are we talking about the paint or the foam itself? if paint, then strip it off and repaint with angelus paint. if the foam is cracking, getsome epoxy glue to fill in the cracks. this is only a short term solution because the shoe will eventually crack more and you can't do anything about that.

can someone tell me what color angelus paint i would need in order to paint the flint grey 12's? cuz i know they have light grey, dark grey, pewter, etc. i'd like to get the exact color
lmk thanks, guys
smokin.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
thats one tough shoe to paint,if you think you can do it, GO FOR IT. but if the chipping is not bad then i would not do it.

I guess if its my first time tryen to do a paint job I shouldnt do it on aquas?
frown.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I guess if its my first time tryen to do a paint job I shouldnt do it on aquas?
frown.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
no no no....lol
i have repainted 7-10 pairs and i wouldnt dare tough those.

Originally Posted by jpena0306

can someone tell me what color angelus paint i would need in order to paint the flint grey 12's? cuz i know they have light grey, dark grey, pewter, etc. i'd like to get the exact color
lmk thanks, guys
smokin.gif
get a color match at lowes, home depot or a store like that.

Originally Posted by nba0203

anyone got a good glue for some sole seperation on cool grey 11's?
are we talking about the clear sole separating from the shoe or the midsole separating from the shoe? if it's the clear sole, shoe goo worksgreat with this. takes a little bit of time to dry up but holds great and it's clear so the sole doesn't look discolored. if it's the midsole,probably gonna have to use an epoxy glue for this.

Originally Posted by MajornvmMinor

does anyone know about how to sort of revive a dull pair of bred iv?
the suede is sort of ashy, what can be done to revive?
try to clean the nubuck first with either a nubuck/suede spray or the foam. the foam seems to make the nubuck revived in darkness with myexperiences using it. if not, you might want to consider dying them with angelus dye.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by nba0203

anyone got a good glue for some sole seperation on cool grey 11's?
are we talking about the clear sole separating from the shoe or the midsole separating from the shoe? if it's the clear sole, shoe goo works great with this. takes a little bit of time to dry up but holds great and it's clear so the sole doesn't look discolored. if it's the midsole, probably gonna have to use an epoxy glue for this.
its the clear sole seperating where can you get shoe goo? ive alsoheard people use gorilla glue

Back
Top Bottom