:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

my fire red iii are slightly yellowing from the back on the white plastic part is there anything i can do to make them white again thanks

Originally Posted by HOMERXXI

my fire red iii are slightly yellowing from the back on the white plastic part is there anything i can do to make them white again thanks
there is nothing you can do to clean the back tab. sorry

Originally Posted by nba0203

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

anyone got a good glue for some sole seperation on cool grey 11's?
are we talking about the clear sole separating from the shoe or the midsole separating from the shoe? if it's the clear sole, shoe goo works great with this. takes a little bit of time to dry up but holds great and it's clear so the sole doesn't look discolored. if it's the midsole, probably gonna have to use an epoxy glue for this.
its the clear sole seperating where can you get shoe goo? ive alsoheard people use gorilla glue
i've picked up shoe goo on ebay. i don't know where else it is carried at. you can google it to see what stores might carry it in yourarea. and don't use gorilla glue. those people who used gorilla glue are fools because this glue expands when it dries and is very hard. and it will takeaway from the clear look of the soles because the glue is colored, not clear like shoe goo. you might need a rock or a clamp when gluing to apply pressure sothere's no gaps when it dries. some people use rubber bands so this might be an option for you, too.

anyone got a good glue for some sole seperation on cool grey 11's?
are we talking about the clear sole separating from the shoe or the midsole separating from the shoe? if it's the clear sole, shoe goo works great with this. takes a little bit of time to dry up but holds great and it's clear so the sole doesn't look discolored. if it's the midsole, probably gonna have to use an epoxy glue for this.
its the clear sole seperating where can you get shoe goo? ive alsoheard people use gorilla glue
i've picked up shoe goo on ebay. i don't know where else it is carried at. you can google it to see what stores might carry it in your area. and don't use gorilla glue. those people who used gorilla glue are fools because this glue expands when it dries and is very hard. and it will take away from the clear look of the soles because the glue is colored, not clear like shoe goo. you might need a rock or a clamp when gluing to apply pressure so there's no gaps when it dries. some people use rubber bands so this might be an option for you, too.
thanks for the help and anyone else know how to take the yellowing off the toebox of these 7's?

bad pic but you can see what the toebox looks like

thanks for the help and anyone else know how to take the yellowing off the toebox of these 7's?

bad pic but you can see what the toebox looks like
try lightly sanding it down with some fine grit paper. if you sand down you can also repaint but IMO it doesnt look as good, so just sand downwith some 150-200 grit paper.

remember finer the paper, longer it will take.

i order some sea glow on friday and got it in today thursday i need to know what things works better to apply the sea glow on the shoes cotton balls ortooth brush and a scrub and some blue tape and whats the best steps that gets great results sea glowing

I had two questions:

-I have the laser IV's and was wondering if oxyclean was okay to use on the fabric on the tongue (I read something about oxyclean on the front page, butwas looking for a more detailed review...maybe even a link to an earlier page with this information would be appreciated).

-Has anybody used seaglow on ESPOs? If you have, did it do anything to the blue tint? Were the results the same as the XIs?

Thanks, guys.

Originally Posted by retrojays323

i order some sea glow on friday and got it in today thursday i need to know what things works better to apply the sea glow on the shoes cotton balls or tooth brush and a scrub and some blue tape and whats the best steps that gets great results sea glowing
this is what i like to do....

clean sole the best you can,
take a thumb tack and puncture a whole in the sole, at the yellowest areas.
apply seaglow with a toothbrush,
-if SG gets on the mid sole don't freak out, just get a damp napkin and wipe it off.
re apply SG every 30-45 min for 3 hours...you can do this as many days as you like, it usually takes me 2-4 days.
after your done each day, wipe off the sole with a damp napkin and then dry sole.
-remember, shoes must be in the sun, best results come with zero cloud cover up.

hope this clears up a lot for you and other shoeheads.

has anyone swapped soles before? i was thinking of switching the soles of this

with the soles of my cool grey 11's the soles are seperating and have really bad heel drag can anyone give me steps of what to do?

^i personally haven't tried to do a sole swap with the xi's but it's not that difficult imo. if you can apply some heat source to the donor shoesyou can peel the soles from them easier. maybe leave them in the sun for a while and try to pull them off a little bit at a time. if not maybe use a exactoknife or some other kind of blade to cut the glue away from the soles and shoes. after you got the soles off you gonna need the following- shoe goo (clear), aclamp, rubber bands, and something heavy like a brick or rock. the shoe goo can be found on ebay, the clamp will be needed for the edges of the soles or youcan use the rubber bands to hold the areas being glued together. i suggested the brick or rock for the bottom of the soles being glued. after you glue theseareas the rock or brick or whatever you use will apply pressure so there's no gaps between the shoe and soles. i'm going to tell you that if you wantto do the best job of this it's going to take some time and patience. i restore a pair of columbia xi's where the glue of the soles had dried up andbecame detached. if took me about 4 days to properly glue everything back to my liking. so don't do a rush job on the cool grey's or you'll noticewhere some areas aren't done as well as others. good luck.

^i personally haven't tried to do a sole swap with the xi's but it's not that difficult imo. if you can apply some heat source to the donor shoes you can peel the soles from them easier. maybe leave them in the sun for a while and try to pull them off a little bit at a time. if not maybe use a exacto knife or some other kind of blade to cut the glue away from the soles and shoes. after you got the soles off you gonna need the following- shoe goo (clear), a clamp, rubber bands, and something heavy like a brick or rock. the shoe goo can be found on ebay, the clamp will be needed for the edges of the soles or you can use the rubber bands to hold the areas being glued together. i suggested the brick or rock for the bottom of the soles being glued. after you glue these areas the rock or brick or whatever you use will apply pressure so there's no gaps between the shoe and soles. i'm going to tell you that if you want to do the best job of this it's going to take some time and patience. i restore a pair of columbia xi's where the glue of the soles had dried up and became detached. if took me about 4 days to properly glue everything back to my liking. so don't do a rush job on the cool grey's or you'll notice where some areas aren't done as well as others. good luck.

ok thanks i was on iss the other day in the restoration thread and everyone said not to use shoo goo because the bond is not strong enough so am i better offusing E-6000 or barge glue?

^everyone is different with what they prefer to use as far as adhesive. shoe goo does take longer to dry and settle versus e-6000. i've never used bargeglue so i can't really give you an opinion about it. the epoxy glue is clear so it can be used for the sole swap. i only recommend shoe goo just becauseit's the easiest one to use on the xi's for this kind of job. if your not sure of which one to use, just buy both shoe goo and the epoxy glue and seewhich one works best for your job. you'll end up using the glue again later on down the road for other repairs.

On my Retro Vs Black/Metalic Silver, at the side of the right shoe near the air bubble I noticed some of the black is starting to peel.
For those who have had your Vs peel at the midsole, any advice? So far the peeling for me is very minmal, but incase It peels more
I'll atleast know what to do. sorry for the blurry pic

1yvceq.jpg

where can i get silica packs at,actually i found a website but it has all these sizes i dont know which size. I just want them for my v they are a reallight yellow but they still look clear but i just want to slow the process a little bit. also is this a good idea thanks

where can i get silica packs at,actually i found a website but it has all these sizes i dont know which size. I just want them for my v they are a real light yellow but they still look clear but i just want to slow the process a little bit. also is this a good idea thanks
i get them from shoe stores, or laces like macys, norstrom* places like that...just go ask somene, if they say no go ask someone else....noreason to buy em...and i use sizes like 2x2 inches...it really doesnt matter...

and yes its a good idea IMO

YO JAKE i was thinking about just using them on my vs and xis should i use in all my kicks thanks i really never cared about taking PRECAUTIONS untill now

Hi
smile.gif
Just a quick question: the midsole on my AJ1 as turn "yellowish"... I tried to clean them with a Magic Eraser and a toothbrush but itdoesn't do anything... Any solution?

QUESTION: My 2002 black/white/red IX's have some cracking in the black sparkly paint. Anything i can do?

I figured that there is prob not anything i can do because i have no idea how you could make it look all sparkly like new again. PLEASE HELP!!! thanks nt

Originally Posted by freshdunks44

QUESTION: My 2002 black/white/red IX's have some cracking in the black sparkly paint. Anything i can do?

I figured that there is prob not anything i can do because i have no idea how you could make it look all sparkly like new again. PLEASE HELP!!! thanks nt
if you can find a shoe paint that color i or yourself can fix it.

YO JAKE i was thinking about just using them on my vs and xis should i use in all my kicks thanks i really never cared about taking PRECAUTIONS untill now
i have one pack in every shoe box and two in the boxs with clear soles....it is not a big deal on other shoes, but i dont like to take chances.

Originally Posted by ebpo

Hi
smile.gif
Just a quick question: the midsole on my AJ1 as turn "yellowish"... I tried to clean them with a Magic Eraser and a toothbrush but it doesn't do anything... Any solution?
you can try and lightly sand it down with fine grit or super fine grit paper, OR!! you can re paint.

can someone please tell me how to clean the red on the carmine 6's? im not sure what the material is so i dont know where to look it up. thanx

Originally Posted by 310HxA

can someone please tell me how to clean the red on the carmine 6's? im not sure what the material is so i dont know where to look it up. thanx
suede/ nubuck cleaner from your local champs/footaction/foot locker etc.

Back
Top Bottom