:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^^^Don't get sensitive. I didn't mean to put your opinion down like that.

I have used retrobrite plenty of times before on different soles. I was just suggesting a more economic, simpler, and effective way to clear up the sole on imthegentelman's flu game 12's. I checked out the pics he posted and the discoloration of his soles is not the same to that of a clear sole yellowing. Like I had said before I had dealt with that EXACT situation of discoloration/ash with my brother's flu games and fixed it with the shoe polish/oil method.

sorry if i m repeating,but can anyone point out a link or info on how to avoid sole yellowing on xi concords?mine is deadstock and startin to yellow around the purple pods...please direct me thanx...

Originally Posted by alexsal

Originally Posted by imthagentleman

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

Retr0brite restores anycolor back to the original. try it out first, even the 3% will work

where can i get it? and what you mean "even the 3% will work"?
Nah man don't listen to that dude. Retrobrite is good for plenty of soles but in the case of your flu game 12's just add shoe shine or even some baby oil. It should fix it up. Had the same situation with my brothers flu games...they look fresh now 
smokin.gif

thanks i appreciate all the responses! Like regular leather shoe shine? How does baby oil help the midsoles?

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

Originally Posted by alexsal

where can i get it? and what you mean "even the 3% will work"?
Nah man don't listen to that dude. Retrobrite is good for plenty of soles but in the case of your flu game 12's just add shoe shine or even some baby oil. It should fix it up. Had the same situation with my brothers flu games...they look fresh now 
smokin.gif

Unless you've tried retr0brite yourself and failed, don't make a remark to disregard my knowledge in restoring back the color of the flu game 12's. 
I'm helping the guy by giving him options. Of course there are other options that will help his situation but by putting others suggestions down isn't helping him. It just makes you sound ignorant. 

johnandrew07 i def appreciate the help and the info! Any help is great!

hey guise, my seaglow just came in the mail yesterday

wm1h90.png

basically two 2 ounce bottles came in the bag, is 4 ounces enough?

& how do I get this? (below)

11185mo.png

That is what you bought, it's just the large bottle. If you want the 16 oz (sorry if that was your actual question) then you have to hit up ebay for island girl products ebay store.

I just cleaned my Metallic V's with the Foot Locker suede and nubuck cleaner, put them away and when I pulled them out they looked a lil faded and still dirty! N e other ways to clean them so they look FRESH TO DEATH? Will post piks if asked for.

I also have my Cardinal 7's with a deep scratch on the left toe box to where you can see the grey under. Any suggestions on what I should do? will post piks if asked for.

Tongue of my cardinal 7s seem like its starting to yellow...any idea on how to clean that?
For cloth tongues I usually remove laces and use stain remover (tide, shout, whatever). Follow the directions on the bottle and it should remove yellowing.  

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

Tongue of my cardinal 7s seem like its starting to yellow...any idea on how to clean that?
For cloth tongues I usually remove laces and use stain remover (tide, shout, whatever). Follow the directions on the bottle and it should remove yellowing.  
cool, thanks!

Anyone have experience with "touch ups"on midsole's? I have a pair of infared v's that has some minor chipping on the red. I have some angelus I could touch it up with, but I dont wanna bother if it wont hold up. Id rather not have to acetone the whole midsole and do a full repaint if I dont have to y'know?

anyone know which glue would work best for this sole seperation? thanks and also anyone know how these OG playoff 12's will hold up after ive glued them? i plan on rockin em.. im just not sure how og xii's hold up compared to other OG's.

3.jpg
2.jpg

Does anybody know ANY Type of way other than painting over to get these scuffs of my columbias?Feedback is welcomed.i havent worn them in a min bcuz of the scuffs.

Just got a pair of Flint 13s from a smoker and they smell like cigs. Any safe and effective way to get rid of the smell w/o harming the shoe? The sofsole spray stuff doesn't work too well for me....

Guys! whats the best way to clean up the leather or actually whiten the leather on my 12s? also whats the best way to clean the cloth around the tounge?? any help is GREATLY appreciated! 

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

Just got a pair of Flint 13s from a smoker and they smell like cigs. Any safe and effective way to get rid of the smell w/o harming the shoe? The sofsole spray stuff doesn't work too well for me....

spray with deodorizer and wash in the washer in a pillow case that is tied up so the cant get caught on anything, and do it on the gentle cycle and dont i repeat dont dry them in the drier!

Originally Posted by yk12

Guys! whats the best way to clean up the leather or actually whiten the leather on my 12s? also whats the best way to clean the cloth around the tounge?? any help is GREATLY appreciated! 

easiest way would be to soak both shoes (the entire shoe) in oxiclean and then put them through a gentle cycle in the washer after putting them in a pillow case and then let them air dry, if you are looking to whiten them do the same thing but go get RIT whitener/brightner and mix it with the oxiclean when you soak them. i know people are afraid of the washer but its actually really safe just make sure they dont have anything that can get snagged in the washer, thats why i recommend the pillow case. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom