:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

if needed

its a pair of Jordan III's and didnt like the elephant print how high is was sitting so i tripped it a bit. on one shoe i cut a little too much and a about 5-6 stitch holes are showing.
when i took the jumpman off the heel of my chicagos from January i filled it in with hole filler (for drywall) then sanded it smooth and painted over it, just use a little bit for each hole and it should work perfect

thats so funny because i was looking at hole filler or w/e its called and i was thinking about it

well i went to micheals and couldnt find the paint.

which paint should i buy? might order some, im guessing Angelus?

yeah, turtlefeathers.com and if you are going to paint anything else i would suggest buying it the first time or you will pay shipping multiple times or once for multiple items in one order.

which brush should i get? and im assuming white for the paint :lol:

thanks for the help

which brush should i get? and im assuming white for the paint :lol:

thanks for the help
get a decent set (if you will paint a decent area) unless it is just touch up but just go to an art supply shop and get something not super cheap and get what ever paint matches lol oh and dont forget the duller (its on the same site turtlefeathers.com) or the paint will be shiny. when you paint do multiple thin layers so there are no brush strokes and it will be less likely to crack as well. anything else dont be afraid to ask.

yea i might just go buy the brush in store

i have a feeling i will screw these up. its a rather small area. really cant be seen but if you up close then you can see the holes.

if they are really small holes then get whatever brush u want, only need a crazy quality brush if the job is big, other than that touch up stuff can be done with any brush just take ur time easy breezy lol

thanks, ill probably be back in here in a week when the paint arrives if i decide to order today :lol:

It's probably been asked before or maybe not, but do you guys use Angelus for nylon as well?

I'm curious to see if the pull tab on the Playoff 8's can be painted to red like the OG's. :nerd:

Got some concords today I wanna fix the yellow eyelets. The yellowing sole and wrinkled patent leather.

what could I do. Ps I want the icey blue back

Long time lurker of this thread. First wanna say thanks to all those who pass along all this knowledge. Think this thread is the best on NT.

I remember seeing someone post a YT video of using Armor All on his shoes, bit can't find it now. I bought some of those wipes today and am gonna start using them on my shoes.

I recently bought a pair of Varsity Red VI's that were in great condition for a steal of a price. Long story short the seller replanted them Infrared. And he did an awful job. The paint comes off easily with just water and tissue paper *__*

I'm in talks with the seller to try and send them back and get a refund. I've been thinking lately about keeping them and repainting them properly myself. I paid so little for them and other than the repaint all they really need is a good cleaning with Lincoln EZ Cleaner and maybe a couple sole clearing sessions.

My question is, how involved is a full repaint? Like I said I've lurked this thread for a while so I know about Anglus paint and using duller, etc. Is this something I could take on myself? I've never dome anything like this before. Just afraid of destroying the shoe

I apologize for the lengthy post. Thanks in advance to those who read this and take the time to respond.

Last edited:
Well, painting's not that difficult, get some tape & focus on what you're doing. The most important thing is being organized and planning well.

It'll be a job, brightening soles, removing paint, repainting, but if you do it right it'll be worth it.

Worst case scenario is a bad paint job, you'll have materials left over to redo them tho.

I have 2 pairs of '01 Black Cement 3's that could both do with a sole swap, and a pair of black/pink Yeezy's that need restoring...

Who would be the best person for me to go to? 

I have 2 pairs of '01 Black Cement 3's that could both do with a sole swap, and a pair of black/pink Yeezy's that need restoring...

Who would be the best person for me to go to? 
check your local shoe spots ig. ive noticed some shops in my area have been putting on local restorers info up. dudes offering full restoration services is a good hustle for those who dont want to do it themselves. i wouldnt want the liability but all the power to those who have mastered the craft

sorry for the dumb question, but I need to move all of my old Jordans out of my closets and store them more efficiently.

They are all in their original boxes now.....but was considering putting them in the attic. Is this a horrible idea?

is there a better way to store them?

My other option is to sell alot of them, but I am not sure I want to put the time into listing each one on ebay

sorry for the dumb question, but I need to move all of my old Jordans out of my closets and store them more efficiently.

They are all in their original boxes now.....but was considering putting them in the attic. Is this a horrible idea?

is there a better way to store them?

My other option is to sell alot of them, but I am not sure I want to put the time into listing each one on ebay

I wouldn't put them in an attic unless your attic is insulated and climate controlled. otherwise, you are asking for disaster.

Midsoles on my OG 1997 XII playoffs are starting to separate, on the medial side where the grey jumpman tab is.  Wanted to glue/cement this up but was wondering what cement I should use.  I heard of the Barge Cement with the green label but wanted to see if there's any alternatives.  And any way to straighten out the creases on the black leather upper?

Hey, please help me... Do you think these 2000 6s are wearable, they are super vnds but have been worn. Does anyone else have 2000 or older 6s? Please tell me your experience

P4L

Yall got some good stuff in here!

I need to touch up the paint on my 8's and try to get the yellowish white bottom rubber back to all white!

Long time lurker of this thread. First wanna say thanks to all those who pass along all this knowledge. Think this thread is the best on NT.

I remember seeing someone post a YT video of using Armor All on his shoes, bit can't find it now. I bought some of those wipes today and am gonna start using them on my shoes.

I recently bought a pair of Varsity Red VI's that were in great condition for a steal of a price. Long story short the seller replanted them Infrared. And he did an awful job. The paint comes off easily with just water and tissue paper *__*

I'm in talks with the seller to try and send them back and get a refund. I've been thinking lately about keeping them and repainting them properly myself. I paid so little for them and other than the repaint all they really need is a good cleaning with Lincoln EZ Cleaner and maybe a couple sole clearing sessions.

My question is, how involved is a full repaint? Like I said I've lurked this thread for a while so I know about Anglus paint and using duller, etc. Is this something I could take on myself? I've never dome anything like this before. Just afraid of destroying the shoe

I apologize for the lengthy post. Thanks in advance to those who read this and take the time to respond.

If you got them that cheap then this is a great place to start if you want to begin restoring shoes for yourself to wear! I'd normally say start with a Jordan 3 or 4 but a 6 would be good as it'd really show you what you're capable of. I say this because Jordan 6's are probably the most "skilled" (i'm using that loosely) to repaint. There are quite a few lines that you'll need to tape, but just think ahead on each step you're performing and take your time. Let us know for sure how it goes!

Hey, please help me... Do you think these 2000 6s are wearable, they are super vnds but have been worn. Does anyone else have 2000 or older 6s? Please tell me your experience

*sorry for the double post, I'm not on here much and don't know how to put 2 quotes in one reply*

I am restoring a pair that is very clean and really has no creasing, maybe worn 3x and it's still COMPLETELY wearable. If you can trust the buyer (very hard these days :smh: ) ask him if they're wearable. I'd say there's a 75% chance they're weak but you never know..

Back
Top Bottom