:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I bought the anti creasers from champs and they have that sticky part so its not really reusable, how much better do trees work then the champs one?
the trees work MUCH better. the ones from champs are kind of permanent. trees can be quickly swapped out into other shoes. They work better, feel better, ARE better. Return those crappy joints and hit up sneakershields. It's not even the same game. Night and day difference, trust us on this.

I've been eyeing this thread for a minute now and wanted to try restoring some of my 13s.  I recently just won these off of ebay...I decided to use the plus whitening gel method on the pods...and it's going on about 4 days now. I see a drastic change but I think that's as best as it's going to get as far as getting them white again.  Any suggestions? Thanks guys!
I'm actually pretty impressed with this. I've never had much faith in the plus white whitening gel method but it worked great for you. That's awesome. Id say get some retrobrite if you wanna take it a shade lighter. But seriously...not bad...not bad at all. 

Angelus white paint and a paint brush and wala brand new, did that to my bleeding Flints (05? 06?) and they look brand new seriously, only reason i dont recommend using retrobrite is cuz if you're in a hot area (im in florida) and the shoe gets really hot it will seperate and no need to take that chance unless u do the indoor method.

Last edited:
the trees work MUCH better. the ones from champs are kind of permanent. trees can be quickly swapped out into other shoes. They work better, feel better, ARE better. Return those crappy joints and hit up sneakershields. It's not even the same game. Night and day difference, trust us on this.

get shoe trees or sneaker shields? im mad confused

I'm actually pretty impressed with this. I've never had much faith in the plus white whitening gel method but it worked great for you. That's awesome. Id say get some retrobrite if you wanna take it a shade lighter. But seriously...not bad...not bad at all. 

13s- you could try a retr0brite session on them.

Yeah I was pretty taken aback on how much they whitened up, my 05 flints were actually more yellow than these. Better condition overall, but it still yellowed pretty bad. After a couple of days on those there's an obvious difference, but I think the retrobrite will make it the white I actually want it to be on both pairs. Thanks guys!

Angelus white paint and a paint brush and wala brand new, did that to my bleeding Flints (05? 06?) and they look brand new seriously, only reason i dont recommend using retrobrite is cuz if you're in a hot area (im in florida) and the shoe gets really hot it will seperate and no need to take that chance unless u do the indoor method.

Yeah I mean I live in New York, and it doesn't really get hot like in Florida unless it's the Summer, but I did actually contemplate painting them. I feel like it's an easier process as opposed to the retrobrite just because I'm impatient when it comes to this. But I'm def going to look into the angelus paint along with the retrobrite. We'll see which one I decide on lol. Thanx!

Once the process is over I'll post pics on my flints and the unc ones.

Last edited:
get shoe trees or sneaker shields? im mad confused
Sneakershields are shoe trees...they are wearable shoe trees. so there's wearable shoe trees, called sneakershields. And then there is forcefields, which are those crappy inserts that have the adhesive. Don't get those. Get sneaekershields.

^yeah its a one time and done and if it needs touch up it takes like 10 minutes to dry too, much easier to me than retrobrite plus the paint wont run onto anything else and potentially ruin something on the shoe, if you're gunna order from turtlefeathers get a couple paints or the duller cuz the shipping is the same whether its 1 or more bottles. just a heads up.

Have you tried cleaning your pods with cleaner after painting them? I'm curious is the paint can run or make a mess if you spray cleaner on them then start brushing them with a tooth brush like how you'd always clean your midsoles. If the paint starts coming off and spreading all over the nubuck like material on the midsole next to the pods, that would be a disaster. So how secure is the paint once it dries? Can it stand up to shoe cleaning and brushing and not bleed onto the surrounding nubuck?

Last edited:
Have you tried cleaning your pods with cleaner after painting them? I'm curious is the paint can run or make a mess if you spray cleaner on them then start brushing them with a tooth brush like how you'd always clean your midsoles. If the paint starts coming off and spreading all over the nubuck like material on the midsole next to the pods, that would be a disaster. So how secure is the paint once it dries? Can it stand up to shoe cleaning and brushing and not bleed onto the surrounding nubuck?
i honestly dont know, i dont have them "sealed" with a sealer so im guessing the paint might come off but as long as the paint is dry it shouldnt be a big mess, i will update the thread on this once i clean them. BTW its been months since i painted them so its not new paint by any means.

Hello guys im trying to clean the mesh looking park of some 11 anniversarys. They are pretty dirty. I dont have barkeepers friend. Would it be safe to use toothbrush and dawn liquid soap?

Hello guys im trying to clean the mesh looking park of some 11 anniversarys. They are pretty dirty. I dont have barkeepers friend. Would it be safe to use toothbrush and dawn liquid soap?
yeah either that or get sme warm to hot water and put a good amount of Oxyclean so it is mixed in nice and good and scrub it good with a toothbrush (preferably soft bristle) just make sure that you rinse it of really good so nothing is still left on the shoe.

okay thanks. Also I am trying to clean some Playoff 12s and the sole of the shoe is very dirty and I dont think they cleaned the shoe since it was released is there anyway to make the sole(rubber part) really white again.

THANKS FOR THIS THREAD EVERYONE WHO CALLS THEMSELVES SNEAKER HEADS NEED TO READ THIS THANKS ONCE AGAIN

Soap & water first, then try that mr clean magic eraser.
^this, but be gentle with the magic eraser because it is a low grade sand paper so if you go nuts with it you might take some paint of so easy does it in this case, now the soap and water go ham on it and its ok lol good luck, oh the oxyclean will work in this instance too but try the easiest first

What is the best way to remove the paint in the air unit area on the aj3 I already stripped the midsole its just I'm having a hard time with that spot

P4L, going to post pics of the 4's i want to restore with no idea how too

I've been eyeing this thread for a minute now and wanted to try restoring some of my 13s.  I recently just won these off of ebay...I decided to use the plus whitening gel method on the pods...and it's going on about 4 days now. I see a drastic change but I think that's as best as it's going to get as far as getting them white again.  Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

You could also try bar keepers friend soft cleanser on that sole. I used it on an old pair of suede pumas I restored and it def whitened those up..

I heard BKF makes the mesh on 11s hard/kinda stiff *paws*
Any truth to this? I copped the BKF soft cleanser, is there a certain way to do it? Wanna touch up these dmps a bit.

I

I believe the RIT whitner and brightner works better then bkf.

Back
Top Bottom