:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Quick question, anyone know how to clean the polyurethane midsole of this shoe? I need them white again. Thanks. 

plate chipped on my silver surfers.. Any way to repair this?

cleaned up a pair of barry sanders, ken griffeys, and last but not least my son's cool gray 11s - with my newly purchased Jason Markk cleaner.... before and after pictures to come soon. Overall, very impressive!

Unfortunately not, that's the only reputable one I know of. A lot of people offer their services on YouTube, Facebook etc but I have no idea of their level of skill.

Hey guys im trying to clean my cool grey 11s. I got some blood on my shoe. You guys have any tips to cleaning up the dirt and blood? Also I have some playoff 8s lows and wanted to conserve the paint. I heard about people adding a layer of some sort of clear or gloss I really dont know what it is but its suppose to help the paint from chipping I just dont no where to buy it and what it is called. Appreciate all the help and thanks!

Last edited:
to remove ankle creases from the concord 11s, does ironing a damp towel over the crease with a sock stuffed in the ankle really help? thanks

do you guys think putting sole protectors on my DS fighter jet foams could damage the shoe/cause the sole to yellow more quickly? I think the product looks good but it requires a heat gun/hair dryer to apply, and im worried the heat could be bad for the soles. The video guide is here

please let me know what you think. Thanks

do you guys think putting sole protectors on my DS fighter jet foams could damage the shoe/cause the sole to yellow more quickly? I think the product looks good but it requires a heat gun/hair dryer to apply, and im worried the heat could be bad for the soles. The video guide is here

please let me know what you think. Thanks

I don't recommend it, wear your kicks and clean after every wear

Hey guys im trying to clean my cool grey 11s. I got some blood on my shoe. You guys have any tips to cleaning up the dirt and blood? Also I have some playoff 8s lows and wanted to conserve the paint. I heard about people adding a layer of some sort of clear or gloss I really dont know what it is but its suppose to help the paint from chipping I just dont no where to buy it and what it is called. Appreciate all the help and thanks!

Invest in some Jason Markk shoe cleaning solution - will (should) get rid of the dirt and blood with ease. I use it religiously and cannot recommend it enough.

Not sure about the clear gloss for your 8s - not something I've heard.

Trying to restore these Air Jordan retro III True Blues. I'm pretty pleased with how much they have whitened up. Especially the toe cap and mid sole area. The back rubber heel part has whitened up some, but I'm going to try for whiter. I have some scratches on the leather. Any recommendations on what to do with that? Can I touch them up with paint or would I have to paint the whole shoe then. Same question with the blue on the mid sole. I have some scratches there would I have to strip all of the blue or can I touch up? All you painters out there what paint do you recommend? Paint came off the Jumpman on the back rubber heel part so I have to paint that part.

Last edited:
Which part of the playoff 8 lows are you talking about conserving the paint on? I'm lost on that man

Bro
Fam,

Is there any way i could fix this?? I have another pair of 6s that I could use for their tabs but what would the best way to go about doing so? Also, has anyone ever done this before?

try Barge cement and tape the tab together with painting tape with low adhesion. Works on jordan 3 and 4 tabs.

will the barge cement hold fast to the nubuck tho?? I was just going to take off the pull tabs from a pair of white/varsity red 6s and paint the middle strip metallic gold and work from there. There was a youtube video that showed a guy using shoe goo to put them back on the carmines but they are leather. im just afraid to try this because i dont want to screw the shoe itself up, you know?

can someone please let me know if that would work? if not, what is the best glue for nubuck? im thinking thats the best way to do this. stitching the pull tabs back on would be impossible.

Last edited:
You sure? i dont want to wear these and the paint start chipping. I bought them from a guy and it doesnt look like he wore them since he bought them

Back
Top Bottom