:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

E6000 glue^
I need to grab some of this, my 06 fire red 5 midsole slightly separated when deyellowing, not sure if it was age, lights too close, or the combination 
mean.gif

whats the best way to charge up your GITD shoes i was thinking of getting a small UV light since its not too powerfull to cause any harm to the shoes any suggestions or what do you guys use?

i just pulled out my fire red Vs and grape Vs and both blue soles have faded almost completley and yellow/brown is starting to show on the icey soles. it has almost been a year in the box and i havent unDS'd them yet. wtf 

whats the best way to charge up your GITD shoes i was thinking of getting a small UV light since its not too powerfull to cause any harm to the shoes any suggestions or what do you guys use?

Don't do that... Or don't do it for long. I've seen pictures of people charging their shoes with lamps, and the shoe actually being burnt.

i just pulled out my fire red Vs and grape Vs and both blue soles have faded almost completley and yellow/brown is starting to show on the icey soles. it has almost been a year in the box and i havent unDS'd them yet. wtf 
that's not uncommon, mainly on the fire red's at least..my grapes are fine so are my 3Labs and laneys..fire red's they used a different tint of blue I guess

I just got a pair of Lebron 10 mints. The suede is fading into white in certain parts. Is there a way to make it go back to the black it originally was? Also, the diamond above the midsole is a bit yellow/minty. Could I retrobright it to make it a bit clear again? Thanks

anyone here who uses an INDOOR setup for de-yellowing, how far away do you keep the lights? I'm doing 50 inches away now to be safe, doing LeBron 9 Chinas atm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't people know that the sun will charge them up just as good, if not better, faster, easier, and for free? Just throw the shoes on and take a walk around the block.

Last edited:
^ I've never used acetone, but I always give the soles a thorough scrub with a hard bristle toothbrush/Ivory bar soap to clean them up. Acetone is kind of abrasive and will remove paint so if you use that make sure it doesn't get on to the upper or midsole of the shoe. It is a strong cleaner though so it probably is a good idea to use to get rid of some stubborn dirt. (I'm at work and can't watch the video so he might've already said that in there. Disregard this post if he did :lol:.)

Last edited:
^ I've never used acetone, but I always give the soles a thorough scrub with a hard bristle toothbrush/Ivory bar soap to clean them up. Acetone is kind of abrasive and will remove paint so if you use that make sure it doesn't get on to the upper or midsole of the shoe. It is a strong cleaner though so it probably is a good idea to use to get rid of some stubborn dirt. (I'm at work and can't watch the video so he might've already said that in there. Disregard this post if he did
laugh.gif
.)
yea I just clean them with jason markk or reshoven8r before hand. I had some cracking on my 06 fire reds cause I had the lights way too close, so now I'm just gonna continue testing de-yellowing on them. here's my LeBron 9 China's , did the right shoe indoor last night, I had the lights 22" from the shoes, changed that to 50" now. I really wanna do any shoe that's somewhat yellowed now, but I'm afraid of separation

I Have Been Completely Sold On The Leather Milk! My Only Question Before I Put My Amazon Order In. What Are The Differences Between No.1-5?

LOL at all the people that don't wear their shoes and they turn yellow before you even UNDS them. DS since 2009? What the hell are you doing? Wear them joints already.

LOL at all the people that don't wear their shoes and they turn yellow before you even UNDS them. DS since 2009? What the hell are you doing? Wear them joints already.
i have a lot of shoes and i do wear them all. i was waiting on all the "grape fiasco" to be over and done with before i wore mine.  i live in florida and you couldnt go anywhere for a minute without seeing someone with grapes on and a purple hat pants and shirt on.  thats why i was waiting. they were everywhere. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom