:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hello forum views- I am looking for acrylic paint for my Jordan 5 "3LAB5." I have noticed the paint on the midsole of the 3LAB5's is sensitive and has a tendency to scuff more easily than other color ways. Anyway, I have only worn the shoes for about 2 weeks and clean them very comprehensively after every use. I have tried to remove these black scuff marks on the edges of the midsole (all sides) to no avail. The paint is EXTREMELY sensitive. I would rather paint the shoes myself than send them to somebody else to restore them for twice the cost and time. The problem is, how the hell do I find the shade of paint for my shoes??? Has anybody used Acrylic paint of these shoes or the same problem? Do you guys know where I can find the right shade? 

Thanks- Oliver 

If it helps, the color I am looking for is very similar to the color of the text.

But how do I select color? Will it just list the paint for the corresponding shoe or will I have to select the shade based on what it is the most similar?

Hello forum views- I am looking for acrylic paint for my Jordan 5 "3LAB5." I have noticed the paint on the midsole of the 3LAB5's is sensitive and has a tendency to scuff more easily than other color ways. Anyway, I have only worn the shoes for about 2 weeks and clean them very comprehensively after every use. I have tried to remove these black scuff marks on the edges of the midsole (all sides) to no avail. The paint is EXTREMELY sensitive. I would rather paint the shoes myself than send them to somebody else to restore them for twice the cost and time. The problem is, how the hell do I find the shade of paint for my shoes??? Has anybody used Acrylic paint of these shoes or the same problem? Do you guys know where I can find the right shade? 

Thanks- Oliver 

If it helps, the color I am looking for is very similar to the color of the text.
http://angelusdirect.com/collections/collector-edition/products/collector-edition-infrared .... Not sure if Angelus based its infrared color off the infrared pack and if so it would be a couple shades darker or if they tried to make it brighter like the Og/2014 infrared 6 color.... Would buy it and try it out on paper and see if it is the same shade vro but thats just my .02 cents Edit: The color says its for the OG colorway not the 2014

Last edited:
 j
I tried with no luck sadly. I didn't let him borrow them. I left them there and I guess he wore them or did something to them. I don't let anyone use my shoes.
Anyways someone said to spray gloss? I don't know if that would be a good idea...
Damn if it isnt a scratch and it isnt a scuff idk what it could be but I saw way back in the thread people were talking about how to make the patent leather shien more if that helps but to me that part of the patent leather lost its color entirly

Best way to fill in the black lines on the elephant print? I was cleaning using Lincoln easy cleaning and must have brushed a little too hard. Any help is appreciated. Also how I can restore the grey areas(there is a slight stain I couldn't get out.)

Originally Posted by oliverharris15  

Thanks- Oliver 

I have the same problem. Let me know if you manage to find the right colour

I don't think a full repaint is worth it for just a few marks just wear them until they really need a repaint some of you guys are too picky, they're shoes they're gonna get dirty if you wear them

I want to water proof the suede part of my AJ1 New Loves. I've done this on my all black suede Flight 89s and they have held up really well. Worn the Flight 89s a few times to a club, and no stains from spilled drinks.

Has anyone applied Sof Sole Water Proofer on a leather? I'm afraid I will damage the leather part of the New Loves when I apply Sof Sole Water Proofer. Can Sof Sole Water Proofer mess up the leather? If so, what happens? Does the quality change?

Here is a pic of the water proofer (https://sofsole.com/product/water_proofer) and a pic of the new loves. Reps for all your help guys.

Last edited:
Guys I was able to get a hold of these babies..what do y'all recommend to clean them up? Thank you in advanced :smile:

Would salon 40 or solesauce work best?

I tried looking for that rit product for the midsoles but can't find any.

Last edited:
I know I remember someone mentioning it in here previously.

On another note has any one had experience with shoe goo? I was thinking of using it to fill in bery fine cracks on the midsoles and sanding the excess off to be even with the rest of it.

Back
Top Bottom