:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I don't want to say yes, but I'm almost sure it is. Go look up some tutorials on how to repaint the shoe you're looking to do on youtube,etc. they'll let you know what you need. You might need more than just the paint to give it that look that it should have like finisher,polisher,etc. Idk, but definitely look up some tutorials.
do i need some type of finisher? 

Did not read your OP but my rule on painting shoes is that you always need to apply finisher to prevent the paint from shipping and adds protection. Type of finisher depends on the type of finish you want (matte,gloss, high gloss) so check up on angelus.com for type of finisher...

Need? Technically no. Recommended, definitely yes. Like person above said, some people don't repaint if they don't have the finisher/gloss,etc. but technically you don't have to use it. It might just crack again sooner and it depends on what you want the repaint to look like.

General question that I hope someone can shine some light on.  After you wear your sneaks and rotate them out, prior to storing them what steps do you guys take to quickly clean them?  Also, recommendation on 3M bags to store them before stuffing them back in the OG boxes?

AFTER                                                                                                        BEFORE

Last edited:
Any ideas to get this out ? I don't know what it is just happened to get on there out of now where

Anybody know if shoe protector is ok to use on the blk 5lab3s?

Wasn't sure if it would ruin the "reflective" quality of the 3m.

Thanks in advance.

General question that I hope someone can shine some light on.  After you wear your sneaks and rotate them out, prior to storing them what steps do you guys take to quickly clean them?  Also, recommendation on 3M bags to store them before stuffing them back in the OG boxes?
Acetone, wd40 & goo gone would be the first three things I would try.
Anyone get good results just using the salon 40 outdoor method ?
Yes, it works beautifully and is fairly simple. Just check back like 5-10 pages, you'll see a ton of people posting about salon care results.
Anybody know if shoe protector is ok to use on the blk 5lab3s?

Wasn't sure if it would ruin the "reflective" quality of the 3m.

Thanks in advance.
What is "shoe protector"?

Last edited:
The shoe spray, one typically buys at FL, CH or any other shoe store .. Spray on the shoe to protect from dirt, grime, water etc. Sometimes aerosol or pump spray.

The shoe spray, one typically buys at FL, CH or any other shoe store .. Spray on the shoe to protect from dirt, grime, water etc. Sometimes aerosol or pump spray.
None of the stuff they sell at those major retailers work well and pretty much anything that is "preventive" is not that effective at all. There is no product that can protect you from dirt from what I know (at least nothing that works anywhere decent), but the water repellent sprays do work to a degree. Imo, the water repellent is only useful for suede,nubuck,etc. so that it prevents those materials from getting wet and getting a temporary water stain like this:

(random picture)

I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to buy that stuff and none of it is even useful.

Last edited:
If its icey sole shoe, i will clean it after wear, but most part i just stuff them back except if i step on a gum or mud.just use ftl instant cleaner and let it dry over night

If its icey sole shoe, i will clean it after wear, but most part i just stuff them back except if i step on a gum or mud.just use ftl instant cleaner and let it dry over night

I do it maybe after few wear. Normally I don't stuff them back in the box because the last time I did that it destroyed both of my OG 14s where the "teeth" became sticky and the paper got stuck to them.

I do it maybe after few wear. Normally I don't stuff them back in the box because the last time I did that it destroyed both of my OG 14s where the "teeth" became sticky and the paper got stuck to them.
So you mean you don't put your shoes back to the og box ever again? Cuz what i said on my last post is that you have to dry the shoes first before putting it back on the box..

So you mean you don't put your shoes back to the og box ever again? Cuz what i said on my last post is that you have to dry the shoes first before putting it back on the box..
not unless i ran out of shoe rack or they have only been worn once or twice. cleaned and dried before putting it back of course. the ones that goes back in the box are usually done and i would never worn them again.and they end up being sold or donated. 

Last edited:
So I couldn't get that ink stain/defect mark off of my Concord low that I traded for right, so I just returned then to the store with my FNL receipt from the pair I wear, look at the reason for return.

"Did not like" instead of "defective"
So I was like man, if you resale these, at least have the decency to show the customer the defect, and then if they still want them sale them with a "no return" receipt.

FNL about to get shady

Can anyone help me with a sole swap? I have a pair of 1991 Black Infrared 6s i want to sole swap but i cant find a tutorial anywhere and want to make sure its perfect. Can i get a list of supplies and methods or anything?

Can anyone help me with a sole swap? I have a pair of 1991 Black Infrared 6s i want to sole swap but i cant find a tutorial anywhere and want to make sure its perfect. Can i get a list of supplies and methods or anything?
It's not too hard, but if it's your first time regluing/gluing back anything then you're probably goona be up for a challenge. It's literally the same concept as regluing a midsole or sole separation but just a little harder.

How to separate sole from donor:

If you do not want to completely destroy your donor, you can try to use a hair dryer/steamer and melt the glue on the midsole then slowly rip it apart. If you don't care about the donor and want the easiest&fastest way to separate the donor, you can do this. If you have not separated the shoe you wanted to swap yet, you can use a hair dryer/steamer to separate it.

After separating the donor, and the original shoe you want to swap, all there is to do is glue it back together.

General idea: (THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SHOULD DO YOUR SWAP, but it's just the general idea, all you do is glue the swapped midsoles back with the shoe, 11's are easy because you can use shoe laces to grip the upper and the midsole/sole together, everything other shoe is a little different because it can crease if you use shoelaces) REMEMBER, it's ONE PART AT A TIME, not the entire sole at one instance.

This is more of what you should do, different shoe, but similar process: (You can ignore the parts where they talk about repainting it unless you want to repaint it also, but that's a different topic to deal with)

When reattaching it, you'll see that two of the dudes use a clamp and that is probably the most effective and smartest way to do it. One reason why I love regluing 11's is because you don't need a clamp and can just use shoe laces and it won't crease, but on 6's, if you do that, it'll crease the shoe all over.

Materials off the top of my head (but you should also take into account what those dudes used in the vid):

- Original shoe you want to swap

- Donors to swap

- Hair Dryer/Steamer (to separate the midsoles from the shoe)

- Glue (barge cement, etc.)

- Clamp

- Something to spread the glue on the soles/midsoles (toothpick, etc.)

I've never had to swap anything outside of 11's, but just a quick thought, with the clamp, you might not want to use it on the entire shoe because if it pushes in from the top and the sides, it can eventually crease your shoe big time if you do it throughout the shoe like on the toebox,etc. that is why you only see the dudes use the clamp on the back part of the shoe because they can put it into the insole. Again, remember to just do one part of the shoe at a time (back, then middle,then front,etc.) and work your way to completing it all. I always recommend to start at the heel/back. If you get glue stains on the midsole,leather,etc. remember to wipe it off asap, if it dries, you're screwed. So just keep a wet towel around incase there is excess glue and if it's your first swap or reglue, there probably will be some excess glue.

EDIT: Not many great tutorials, but I hope you get the general idea of how to do it. It's not too hard, but as always, the more experience, the easier it gets, so it might be challenging the first time.

Last edited:
Thanks dontbelikethat dontbelikethat Ive been working on Seperating shoes from midsoles i just got the midsoles off the 6s. Now im gonna practice on regluing beater shoes before i start on the OGs. I camt find a decent tutorial anywhere but thanks man.

Thanks @dontbelikethat Ive been working on Seperating shoes from midsoles i just got the midsoles off the 6s. Now im gonna practice on regluing beater shoes before i start on the OGs. I camt find a decent tutorial anywhere but thanks man.
Tons of tutorials on 11's & 4's, just apply a similar concept to other shoes.

Last edited:
not unless i ran out of shoe rack or they have only been worn once or twice. cleaned and dried before putting it back of course. the ones that goes back in the box are usually done and i would never worn them again.and they end up being sold or donated. 
Really, i put back all my sneakers back in the box except for my running shoes..surprisingly i dob't have a shoe rack.. Lol.. Have shelvings for the boxes but no shoe rack, ever since...

A few projects I've been working on lately:

Air Jordan XVI blk/red. Working on clearing up the sole. I'm defiantly making progress after a 35 min session.

Also working on a pair of Nike Air Zoom Generations, LeBron's first signature shoe. I'm very pleased with a laundry detergent toothbrush bath and how Reviver really helped de-yellow a lot on the shoes.
Before:

After:

A few projects I've been working on lately:

Air Jordan XVI blk/red. Working on clearing up the sole. I'm defiantly making progress after a 35 min session.

Also working on a pair of Nike Air Zoom Generations, LeBron's first signature shoe. I'm very pleased with a laundry detergent toothbrush bath and how Reviver really helped de-yellow a lot on the shoes.
Before:

After:
These were the best and most comfortable shoes I ever hooped in. I still have the black cw.

Last edited:
Hey again so with the 1991 black Infrared 6s mine are a sz 13 what size should the donor sole be? Ive heard people saying go half a size lower and what not for older shoes

Back
Top Bottom