:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

does anyone know if wrapping your shoes in a cotton t-shirt instead of the shoe paper helps to preserve the shoe or is harmful to the shoe

Anyone ever have like a "glitter" on their sneakers? Noticed it on the swoosh on a pair of DS sb dunk mid linoleums that i just sold, i was able to wipe it off before shipping out.

Tonight i brought down a pair of hufquake af1s and noticed it ONLY on the back panel of the shoes.

Anyone ever have like a "glitter" on their sneakers? Noticed it on the swoosh on a pair of DS sb dunk mid linoleums that i just sold, i was able to wipe it off before shipping out.

Tonight i brought down a pair of hufquake af1s and noticed it ONLY on the back panel of the shoes.

Yes. Some of my Jordan 1 from 2013-15 have them. Not sure what's it from but wipes off easily with damp cloth.

Ashy black midsole?
Mothers back-to-black and a microfiber cloth. I think if i were to use anything else like those armour all wipes or something like that it would make them pop too much. May need 2 applicatons.

Before

After

does anyone know if wrapping your shoes in a cotton t-shirt instead of the shoe paper helps to preserve the shoe or is harmful to the shoe

I don't know if it helps or not. But it doesn't hurt. I've been doing it for years. I take t-shirts I don't wear anymore and use those.
I wish dust bags weren't so expensive, I would just use those.

Anyone know what this is and how I can get it off? I'm not sure if it is glue or not. Its not a scuff because these shoes were DS and had these markings. Repped for the help.

Mix some oxy clean powder with some 40 volume or higher peroxide cream. Cover the spot you spread the mixture on with plastic wrap. Leave them out in the sun for like 30 mins and then wash it off. Repeat until clear. Take care not to get it on any other spot besides the spot you're trying to clear up.

This may work for your issue.
Does that really work? I'm gunna give it a try I have a couple shoes with this problem.

Can someone please help me i cant find an answer for this. What kind of paint and materials do i need to repaint the black top on the concord foams. They have these scratches IN THEM and i really wanna repaint them. What will i need?ex. glossy finish, flat black angelus paint? Someone please help asap. Much love.

Anyone have any experience re-painting a pair of white Lance Mountains to cover up glue marks or cracks in the paint? Got a pair of deadstock LMs on the secondary market but they've got a couple of small manufacturing flaws (a rather long glue stain running along the sole on the upper and a small crack in the paint on the back heel of one of the shoes). Figured I could use some white-out or white paint to cover up the flaws. Thoughts? Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
got a question

how do you preserve or keep the midsole on 99-01 nike air jordan 3-6 intact or prevent more cracking/chipping/crumbling?

use glue? or tape or something

cause i know theyre chipping/crumbling but i want to keep them wrapped or something for display

got a question

how do you preserve or keep the midsole on 99-01 nike air jordan 3-6 intact or prevent more cracking/chipping/crumbling?

use glue? or tape or something

cause i know theyre chipping/crumbling but i want to keep them wrapped or something for display
From what I seen, most people use saran wrap to at least hold them together and preserve the shoe the best way possible. 

scarlett red Angelus acrylic leather paint on 03 flu games
Funny that I go to this post to ask this same question and here's the answer...lol. 

Question tho, what do you think about "Autumn Red" angelus paint? I was looking into getting that, it seem to go with the 03 flu's. I seen on a few youtube comments people were saying to buy "Varsity Red" but I think that might be too bright. What's your take?

I got a pair of OG concord 11's. Can anyone point me where to buy replacement laces? I copped some from Ebay but had to get my money back because the width of the laces weren't exact to the factory lace even though it was stated in there listing. I was sent laces that resemble the same laces they use for the Penny 2's. I don't even feel right stepping out the house with these laces, kills the shoe for me. 

I'm looking for the thick rope laces, 54 inch any help is much appreciated. 

Funny that I go to this post to ask this same question and here's the answer...lol. 

Question tho, what do you think about "Autumn Red" angelus paint? I was looking into getting that, it seem to go with the 03 flu's. I seen on a few youtube comments people were saying to buy "Varsity Red" but I think that might be too bright. What's your take?
yea I bought the varsity also, is too light, the autumn looked good on my 12 cherrys, I actually like the darker scarlett red but that's because the 03 flus are darker that the 2016,and Angelusdirect. com also sells the xi laces

in summation, the varsity looked pinkish, the autumn was also light, and the scarlett is dark, none of them were perfect matches

in summation, the varsity looked pinkish, the autumn was also light, and the scarlett is dark, none of them were perfect matches
nice, thanks for the info. Almost went with the wrong paint.  I seen the laces on Angelus website but I read the reviews on the site as well and everyone was saying the width isn't true to the 11's. They're basically the same like the ones I received before. The width is too thin. I don't understand what's so hard in making those type of laces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom