:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

hey guys, does anyone know if I could wear a DS pair of 2007 Aqua 8's still? I wanna scoop a pair, I'm worried it'll just crack like crazy. Any input would be appreciated.

Question for the experts:

How long can you keep shoes DS that your actually planning on using to play ball in eventually?

Lots of variables but in general I've had great success with 7-8 year old DS shoes.

Pretty good success with 9 - 10 year old DS kicks.

Anything above that I would not wear to ball in, just casual use.

Cracking was evident on some of the shoes, I expected that but no major catastrophic failures.

I guess with all the modern synthetics they should last a good while, I figure integrity of the glue would be the greatest concern?

Actually, when Nike outsourced the manufacturing to China & Vietnam in the 90's the life expectancy started decreasing compared to the earlier shoes from the 80-90's. Humidity is the major culprit.

As far as I read, Adidas and another manufacturer (I don't recall) have been the only companies to address the
longevity issues and have investigated compounds that will resist breaking down.

Last edited:
Any chance I can fix this

Lots of variables but in general I've had great success with 7-8 year old DS shoes.

Pretty good success with 9 - 10 year old DS kicks.

Anything above that I would not wear to ball in, just casual use.

Cracking was evident on some of the shoes, I expected that but no major catastrophic failures.
Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for.

Thanks for the reponse, do you think the cracking will be realllly bad?

It will happen. The 07s are notorious for cracking. I'd say pretty bad. If you want to, just get the 2015 and paint the back part from grey to the color on the 07s.

Does anyone if its possible to remove the stitched jumpan on the back of jordan 1s like on the 2013 Chicagos

Does anyone if its possible to remove the stitched jumpan on the back of jordan 1s like on the 2013 Chicagos
Nope, even if you try and cut it off it'll still leave the imprint which will look terrible. Just rock them as is.

Anyone here ever try Refreshed?  I bought some years ago because there was a salesman at the outlet mall in Vegas they cleaned my J1s and did a pretty good job...  except hit put white shoe polish over my patent leather...  anyway they were old so I wasn't too upset, but the product did actually work pretty good.  Pretty sure my nephew stole it, but I still have that brush that I normally just use with liquid hand soap to clean my shoes.  Is there anything that works better than Refreshed that you guys would suggest?
That white shoe polish bleached black swoosh off my flyknit trainers..  As far as the soap/detergent goes, it works okay.

I will never let those people clean my shoes again.

I buy the "white" one . when you paint it on , don't use the brush it comes with . I take a sponge and dab it so it blends better . the color dries as the same color as the shoe

I played in my cool grey 11s a few weeks back and the outsole separated :smh:. Trying to glue it back with E6000 adhesive now. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom