:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Whats up guys.  Im Joe from   The Sneaker Cleaners and Restoration Center. The worlds first Sneaker Maintenance facility Bring your Sneakers in for a wash, touch up or repair. You can also meet a in house artist for some custom work . Came on here to share with the COMMUNITY. Hope to meet you guys in person ! Come in and use the Code #NTforlife for 10% off   368 Anderson Ave  Cliffside Park NJ, 07010   SCRcenter.com  @TheSneakerCleaners_ Much Love NT 

Last edited:

How much is it to buy a back tap for the 3s?

Or how much do people usually charge?

Just bought some containers but don't know how I feel about them...boxes or containers brehs

boxes if your shoes are still in decent condition (not vintage).. cardboard from the box absorbs moisture**. id personally use containers for my older shoes or id have something in each container to absorb moisture and not trap it in.

Question for the experts:

How long can you keep shoes DS that your actually planning on using to play ball in eventually?
if your planning to ball in them. not a good idea. instead, break in your shoes when they are new. then store them away for use years later.

ds shoes will decompose. if you break in your shoes, they will last much longer. midsoles wont crumble as quickly. and the support wont breakdown inside the shoe

Whats up guys.  Im Joe from   The Sneaker Cleaners and Restoration Center. The worlds first Sneaker Maintenance facility Bring your Sneakers in for a wash, touch up or repair. You can also meet a in house artist for some custom work . Came on here to share with the COMMUNITY. Hope to meet you guys in person ! Come in and use the Code #NTforlife for 10% off   368 Anderson Ave  Cliffside Park NJ, 07010   SCRcenter.com  @TheSneakerCleaners_ Much Love NT 

I don't know if you were the guys who had the kiosk in the Garden State Plaza mall about 2 years ago.

Kind of line the old fashion shoe shine guys you use to find. They cleaned your sneakers for a couple of bucks and then tried to upsell you on
Jason Marks cleaner products.

if your planning to ball in them. not a good idea. instead, break in your shoes when they are new. then store them away for use years later.

ds shoes will decompose. if you break in your shoes, they will last much longer. midsoles wont crumble as quickly. and the support wont breakdown inside the shoe

I really don't think there is any scientific merit to your theory that a DS shoe's PU will decay faster than a shoe that has been broken in.

As I posted previously, the two culprits that shorten the life of the PU is hydrolysis (in the presence of moisture) and oxidation (in the presence of oxygen). Simply put, the humidity in the air, and, yes, even the air itself, seeps into the PU and, slowly but surely, breaks the PU into a thousand crumbling pieces. Mold growth is another degradation mechanism.

The only scientific way to avoid degradation is to place the shoe in an airtight steel vessel filled with argon. To the average sneaker collector that's not going to happen.

Bottom line, wearing or not wearing your shoes in my opinion will not influence the rate of degradation.

PS: I have a background in elastomers

Last edited:
For both the back tab of the 3s and the netting of the 4s they have to be repainted. I've heard that 40 volume creme works to unyellow back tabs but I've never personally tried it. I would just repaint it to be safe. Sadly there is really no way to prevent yellowing if you wear your shoes, they yellow due to oxidation. If you don't wear your shoes you can keep them in a plastic container or wrap them in plastic wrap to prevent yellowing.

I don't know if you were the guys who had the kiosk in the Garden State Plaza mall about 2 years ago.

Kind of line the old fashion shoe shine guys you use to find. They cleaned your sneakers for a couple of bucks and then tried to upsell you on
Jason Marks cleaner products.
I'm not , My name is Joey Hiciano .

I do remember that stand ...

I'm good friends with the guys over at mandino showroom, who distribute Jason Markk.  

Last edited:
How is it that nobody can figure out the mind frick that is removing receipt ink from Jordan xi clear soles? It's killing me. I've run out of ideas.

How is it that nobody can figure out the mind frick that is removing receipt ink from Jordan xi clear soles? It's killing me. I've run out of ideas.
I honestly don't think it's ink but either way it's mind blowing there's isn't a clear solution yet :smh:

How did it go? Do you have pics?  
It worked well in my opinion. I'm still worried about the part of the outsole that go up on either side of the shoe, but I think it will hold. I have not played in them again. I don't have before pics, but they were separating in various areas so I just pulled the outsoles completely off each shoe. Here are the after pics.

These are my original playoff 13s from 1997. The uppers started separating from the midsole on these a long time ago and I had glued them with some random adhesive. I got tired of looking at them and not being able to wear them so last night I completely separated them. I found that the zoom units on these are toast. They have all popped. Any place I can get replacements? I've purchased Barge Infinity Cement to do these and some black/columbia nubuck 12s, but I was hoping to replace the zoom units before I glue these 13s back together.

Here are my nubuck 12s I was talking about in my other post. I remember being able to buy these with the hoodie and cap in 2003 because I signed up for some Jordan club. I forget what it was called. I had worn these casually and decided to play in them on a couple days ago. Not a good idea. The uppers started separating from the midsole. I went ahead and separated them completely by hand and then separated the outsole from the midsole. Waiting for Barge Infinity cement to be delivered and I will re-glue these. I hope to play in them afterwards. The 12s are one of the best Jordan's to play in. The cushioning and traction are both excellent. You can see the full length zoom unit in the pic. Wished more Jordan's had this cushioning setup. Which reminds me, my original playoff 12s will need to be glued as well.

Last edited:
Any place I can get replacements? I've purchased Barge Infinity Cement to do these and some black/columbia nubuck 12s, but I was hoping to replace the zoom units before I glue these 13s back together.

I don't know of anywhere that would have these same units for sale separately, but I imagine that there are a few recent XIII releases that you can find beaters of for cheap and obtain them from.

Gordonson Gordonson thanks for the idea. I'm just afraid of dropping $50 on some beaters only to find out the air units are busted as well.

Understandably, but that's why I mentioned recent ones. Like within the last 4 years.

While it's definitely still possible that the owner put a hurting on the air units before selling them, I'd say there's a very strong chance that you'd be fine.

Like I said though, I do understand your apprehension.

You'd have to double check, but I think those Jordan Horizons keep the XIII sole fully in-tact, and I think a couple of Nike Basketball sigs have a similar setup as well (not sure if they're the same shape/size though.)

Back
Top Bottom