Official Spurs vs. Hornets Game 6 vol. Let's Get It

4 days til next game - so west gonna be good - everyone expecting a close game? i think it will be a blowout - i love the spurs but its gonna be win by 20 orlose by 20

This is a great series
pimp.gif
its messed up the Hornets couldn't close itout.

4 days til gm 7, david $tern SMH

horry acting like a goon, lol

off topic, but who screams "and 1" after everyshot more than david west and carlos boozer?

Game 7, well at least the First Half is going to be epic status. Scott is going to have West come out and hit the first two jumpshots of the game, word toWillis. CP is going to start at PF, on some Magic %$%! and probably have about 30-15.

robert horry needs to be assassinated

and by assassinated i mean someone bringin a sign wit his face and will smiths face for laughs

^my first time seeing the vid clearly and in slow motion....
that is a cheap shot
smh.gif
the lean-in into his back was completely unnecessary and not a "basketball" play at all. similar to the effect of bowenstepping under shooters, imo.

So what exactly is Horry SUPPOSED to do? Someone tell me, Because I don't know what you're supposed to do in that situation. Do you let West trampleall over you? He set a pick, West was unaware, and he got knocked out. You see it happening to PG's all the time, you saw it happen to Monta this year Ibelieve, he is aggressive with his match-up, doesn't see a screen coming and flattens him out. Horry barely leaned in, it's not like he rushed Westforward, if he had, it would have taken more momentum out of Horry, but if you look he only sidesteps a bit. It didn't help that West jumped, that'swhat makes it look like Horry kills the dude. So tell me someone, what is Horry supposed to do.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So what exactly is Horry SUPPOSED to do? Someone tell me, Because I don't know what you're supposed to do in that situation. Do you let West trample all over you? He set a pick, West was unaware, and he got knocked out. You see it happening to PG's all the time, you saw it happen to Monta this year I believe, he is aggressive with his match-up, doesn't see a screen coming and flattens him out. Horry barely leaned in, it's not like he rushed West forward, if he had, it would have taken more momentum out of Horry, but if you look he only sidesteps a bit. It didn't help that West jumped, that's what makes it look like Horry kills the dude. So tell me someone, what is Horry supposed to do.
JA, you're usually pretty objective. But it seems as if you're letting your dislike for West cloud your judgement. How exactly was West aboutto "trample" Horry?

As someone else already mentioned in the thread, if Horry just stood STRAIGHT up as opposed to leaning INTO West, I doubt people would be making as big a dealas they are. Leaning INTO a pick is usually what gets a man called for an offensive foul. And leaning INTO a man who has his back turned to you just looksplain cheap.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So what exactly is Horry SUPPOSED to do? Someone tell me, Because I don't know what you're supposed to do in that situation. Do you let West trample all over you? He set a pick, West was unaware, and he got knocked out. You see it happening to PG's all the time, you saw it happen to Monta this year I believe, he is aggressive with his match-up, doesn't see a screen coming and flattens him out. Horry barely leaned in, it's not like he rushed West forward, if he had, it would have taken more momentum out of Horry, but if you look he only sidesteps a bit. It didn't help that West jumped, that's what makes it look like Horry kills the dude. So tell me someone, what is Horry supposed to do.

To me, a basketball play would be doing that WITHOUT the lean-in motion, having his feet firm, without that extra lean. Without that lean West wouldn'thave trampled all over IMO. He didn't rush him THAT much, but I think there was definitely at least a slight intent to injure; or at least, he was veryaware of the situation of West's back when he made the move. From my point of view, Horry definitely had the target on West's back and gave it a niceshove; it seems like he planned it out beforehand.
Keeping West from flying all over him doesn't require anything but standing his feet firm in the ground, and that lean is unnecessary, IMO.
As someone else already mentioned in the thread, if Horry just stood STRAIGHT up as opposed to leaning INTO West, I doubt people would be making as big a deal as they are. Leaning INTO a pick is usually what gets a man called for an offensive foul. And leaning INTO a man who has his back turned to you just looks plain cheap.
agreed.

agree with japanair, the pick set by chandler on tony was similiar to this but nobody cried and said it was dirty. Even if horry didnt lean in I'm surewest still would have went down.

Oh trust me, I'm not arguing the fact it wasn't an offensive foul, I am FINE with that. What I meant by trample Horry is that West was jumpingbackwards, Horry leaned forward yes, but David West JUMPED into Horry, AND Horry leaned forward into West. I'm not blaming West, but he was blindsided as Isaid before. Maybe it's just the way I'm seeing it, but the way that Horry sets that pick doesn't seem like he's moving forward to the pointwhere it's malicious and had intention to it. I don't know how you guys play, but when I play, I don't think of attacking someone on purpose in themiddle of the action down on the post, I mean if Horry wanted to he could have easily elbowed West in his back in the heat of the game, but off of a pick? Ifhe hadn't gotten hurt, then this wouldn't be a big deal. It just so happened that David West jumped towards Horry and Horry held his ground and movedforward a bit. But tell me, once again, what is Horry supposed to do? I mean okay I understand if he would have stood straight up, and not leaned into him, itwouldn't have been a problem. I have no problem with the call of being an offensive foul, but dirty/cheap/malicious?

If you were a coach, and Horry had sidestepped or let West get his ground, how would you feel Horry did on the defensive end? He's physical, that's theway I saw it, was it rough? Yes, was it an o. foul? Yes.

Also, if I want to hurt a man, I'm not just going to hit him and lose my balance a little, I'm going to go after him. Maybe it's just me, but Idon't think Horry is a planned assassin and had it all planned out and had an aggression, physical? Yes. But that's just the way he plays. Do you thinkHorry knew that David West was going to jump up? I don't think so, and look at the play for crying out loud, Manu makes an off-balance shot/pass/whateverthe hell it is, West looked like he was going up for a block, while Horry went to set a screen, you can't tell what Manu was going to do, it's not likeManu had his feet set to take a jumper.

laugh.gif
@ the name 'Cheap Shot Rob'

It's obvious that Horry didn't map the play out in his mind; he didn't plan on doing anything dirty. ALl he set out to do was set a back pick.

HOWEVER, the lean is suspect.

And then you have the fact that Horry can see from his position that West has his back to Horry.

Take those two things into account, and it's just like SHUGES just said: "...leaning INTO a man who has his back turned to you just looks plaincheap."

JA, if I were Horry in that situation, and West flew at me like that, I would have put my hands on his back to keep him from running into me.I know he wasin the middle of a screen; but still, that lean was definitely extracirricular in the way I see it. A simple firm hand in the back without a forward motionwould have sufficed without getting "run over by West".

And I disagree with the fact Horry would really go after him if he intended on injuring him....that would cost him games, but doing it in a more subtlefashion (cough cough Bowen cough) would likely not result in that-even if it doesn't hurt the other player, he wants to get in the head of the opposition(what was probably his main intention).

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

It's obvious that Horry didn't map the play out in his mind; he didn't plan on doing anything dirty. ALl he set out to do was set a back pick.

Oh contraire my good man, don't let his Fresh Prince-esque look fool you, Mr. Horry is a mastermind in the post-season. His subtle lean, further provesthe points that you cannot embarrass the Spurs by dropping 30+ and if you have the opportunity to grab a rebound, don't tip the ball in his direction.

I see what you guys are saying, but it's just in my opinion if I wanted to make a hit on someone, it'd be a little more aggressive, it just so happenedthat David West jumped up, if he hadn't, I doubt this play would have been of much discussion. Look at Manu on that play, can you tell what he's doing?To West, it seemed like he was going up for a jumpshot, for Horry, it looked like he was going to go around the pick, pass the ball, but not shoot. If hethought he'd shoot, he wouldn't set the pick. You see picks like this all the time, at least once every few games, but you never see dudes getting outof hand about it, and that's my main concern.

A simple firm hand in the back without a forward motion would have sufficed without getting "run over by West".

My only argument with that is that David West was jumping backwards/to the side, if a man bigger, stronger than me is jumping towards me, I'm going to notgive up any ground, and I'd probably lean forward to just to hold my ground. If Horry were to really do things hard, Horry would have stumbled at least aLITTLE after the play, but he just barely loses his balance.

Also, SHUGHES, let me point out that this isn't about me not liking David West, yes I don't care for the dude, and I think he had it coming to him, BUTif that were Amare, Al Jefferson, Jesus H. Christ, Kobe, Dirk, I'd have the same opinion. I understand that injuries are an all-too common thing in theLeague these days for whatever reason. You'll barely ever see me call someone dirty though, so maybe that's my own flaw in judgment.

Let me also say that I'm not saying any of you are wrong, and I am right, I'm simply saying how I felt about the play. Am I the almighty being who hasthe right answer? No of course not. But I'm just trying to show you how I saw the play. It was an iffy play, offensive foul, but I fail to see themaliciousness/intent to hurt him. The fact that David West jumped made it all the worse.

Let me also say that I'm not saying any of you are wrong, and I am right, I'm simply saying how I felt about the play. Am I the almighty being who has the right answer? No of course not. But I'm just trying to show you how I saw the play. It was an iffy play, offensive foul, but I fail to see the maliciousness/intent to hurt him. The fact that David West jumped made it all the worse.

Nah, I think we're all aware of that
laugh.gif
. There are alwaysmultiple ways to view something; it's not bad to have different perspectives, as long as everyone respects everyone else's opinions.

Back
Top Bottom