OFFICIAL STARCRAFT 2 THREAD*** OUT NOW****

star-craft-2.png

A dozen years after changing the face of strategy gaming, the much-anticipated sequel to StarCraft has finally been dated.

Blizzard announced Monday that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty would be hitting stores worldwide on July 27 of this year.

"We've been looking forward to revisiting the StarCraft universe for many years, and we're excited that the time for that is almost here," said Mike Morhaime, Blizzard CEO and cofounder.

"Thanks to our beta testers, we're making great progress on the final stages of development, and we'll be ready to welcome players all over the world to StarCraft II and the new Battle.net in just a few months."

It's big news for gamers, who have made no secret of their desire to get their hands on it. Keys granting access to the sequel's beta-test phase were such a hot ticket, they eventually hit auction sites like eBay for a good $300 a pop.

But it's also big news for Activision-Blizzard. Most expected the game to ship closer to the lucrative holiday period rather than the typically slow summer months. By releasing the game at the end of July, the company has ensured very little competition from similar brands. And that could mean some seriously monster sales.

The game's standard edition will retail for $59.99, though die-hard fans can plunk down $99 for a Collector's Edition that includes an artbook, soundtrack, behind-the-scene DVD and a flash drive containing the entire original StarCraft along with its expansion, Brood War.

Big numbers are certainly nothing new to StarCraft: according to Blizzard, the original has sold over 11 million units worldwide. The game has become a national pastime in Korea, proving popular enough to have spawned two television stations dedicated to showing competitive play.
Amazingly, it's not Blizzard's biggest property. That honor goes to World of Warcraft, which will receive its third expansion, Cataclysm, later this calendar year. Blizzard is also working on

http://videogames.yahoo.c...n-stores-july-27/1398084

Reserve StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and receive an invitation to the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta. Available online and in-store while supplies last. Once you receive your Beta Code your online order cannot be canceled.

http://www.gamestop.com/C...ls.aspx?Product_ID=65548

i have never played any games like this before.. But i heard starcraft is a sick game.. anyone going to buy it?

I been playing beta already... it's really not worth it IMO
if they have use map setting scenerio maps I might play

whats not to believe? #%*%#% been on that beta for a few months now. ive watched people stream it on various websites and 2 looks exactly like 1. i hope they add a lot more to the final version.

pimp.gif
can't wait, me and my dudes been gettin it on ICCUP pause. I gotta get a new PC asap.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

my most anticipated purchase of the year, maybe the last 12 years.

I've been playing my friends beta for a while now and im not sure im looking forward to the release. Its the same game with better graphics and a few new units. I was a huge fan of the first and played for years, number 2 is the same thing though.

Although it is just a beta version, im guessing as far as MP goes this is pretty much the meat and potatoes of the game. We'll have to see come release day

IM HYPE. AND I DONT EVEN HAVE A COMPUTER THAT CAN HANDLE THIS THING.

also im glad it's about the same as the first one. it was already pretty much perfect. new units will be fun.

Back
Top Bottom