OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I always preface my posts in here by saying I’m new to investing and do not claim to have much knowledge, because I think my questions can be naive and don’t want to annoy the thread, anyhow:

My question pertains to the alarming statements by Burry and now Robert Kiyosaka I’m seeing saying the biggest crash in history is coming. For someone like myself who maybe over invested considering my current living situation, it seems as if this sentiment is directed right at me. I am trying to figure out what should be my smartest choice. I’m currently up 15% and am planning for long term, but I’m wondering if I should consider rotating funds to different places. My holdings are Roku, Pins, AAPL, PLTR, U, and BB lol.
I honestly don’t have my own solid convictions, I kinda mime what some of you guys are posting eek!
I want to buy more ETH and BTC.

He wont ever actually lose it. It won't go to 0%. 80% of his positions are safe long term holds.

I think the market will eventually crash, but not anytime soon. Not during this presidency at least.

Nah you can’t do that. I participate in mine, I’ll be honest I don’t know exactly how it works. But I know the company buys the stock twice a year in my case. I’ve been doing it for 2 years now and I remember when I started, it was June/July 2019 and I didn’t actually own any company stock until their Jan or February purchase. I was like “oh wow I’ve had money deducted from my check for 6 months but I don’t actually have anything yet? 😂

sounds like what my company does. They buy it for you twice a year but deduct from each check.

I hear you guys, and I appreciate the feedback. I kind of wrote this money off because I want to keep it invested for 10+ years, but I’m starting to wonder if I should sell and stash some and rotate into other investments

I hear you guys, and I appreciate the feedback. I kind of wrote this money off because I want to keep it invested for 10+ years, but I’m starting to wonder if I should sell and stash some and rotate into other investments
What sector would you say you're knowledgable about? E.g. most of us are tech heavy. Some follow consumer staples, some industrials.

95% of savings is way too risky. BUT if you’re going to do that, make sure you’re actually committed to that 10+ year time horizon. Don’t get cold feet during the next pull back, bear market or even recession and pull out your money at pennies on the dollar.

if you feel yourself getting too nervous in the short term, set some stop losses that still leave you with profit.

When you own great companies, you need to know why you own them, what their runway is, etc. this will give you the perspective to be a happy buyer during sell offs. If you only own these stocks because other people say they’re great but you don’t really know why other than numbers go up, you won’t have patience, conviction or perspective and you’ll burn money.

When you own great companies, you need to know why you own them, what their runway is, etc. this will give you the perspective to be a happy buyer during sell offs. If you only own these stocks because other people say they’re great but you don’t really know why other than numbers go up, you won’t have patience, conviction or perspective and you’ll burn money.

And if your risk tolerance is really that low, then buy a mutual fund that tracks the S&P500. Set it and forget while making additional contributions. You’ll see 8% returns on average with not as much of the downside.

And if your risk tolerance is really that low, then buy a mutual fund that tracks the S&P500. Set it and forget while making additional contributions. You’ll see 8% returns on average with not as much of the downside.
Index fund* to save fees but yeah that’s a great cheat code that EVERYONE should use

WHAT UP BAYBEEEEEEE

Retirement has treated me well man. Hope y’all are well and continuing the legacy I have left behind.
HE IS RISEN

tenor.gif

95% is not too risky at all. 5% cash on hand is fine for an aggressive portfolio. If buddy ever needs the money it's nearly as liquid as dollars in a savings account.

Agreed. It also depends what your tied in. If you have some cash in something low risk it’s like having cash but with high interest.

Back
Top Bottom