OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Word. Outside of my 401k, I'm about 80% stock, 10% crypto, 10% cash. That 10% cash is for DCA'ing.

Yea I think I keep 10k in liquid cash and then contribute to my brokerage account in 5k increments as my savings go above that 10k.

I don’t understand how you can rationalize something as aggressive, but not risky. Typically when I say something is aggressive, in reference to an investment, I’m insinuating that there’s an elevated risk.

aside from that, the op’s post was centered around the “biggest crash in history” being near. If that’s my concern, then I’d say being 95% invested in risky.

Thank you for everyone’s reply. I am planning to hunker down and stay in for the long haul. I will continue to research and learn about the companies I’m owning.

as far as the sector I’m most knowledgeable in, I’m an artist that spends the majority of my time reading art history, theory and philosophy lol so I’m not very knowledgeable about any economic sectors and they’re movements.

I really do appreciate all input and everyone’s time they invest in this thread

I don’t understand how you can rationalize something as aggressive, but not risky. Typically when I say something is aggressive, in reference to an investment, I’m insinuating that there’s an elevated risk.

aside from that, the op’s post was centered around the “biggest crash in history” being near. If that’s my concern, then I’d say being 95% invested in risky.
As the old adage goes, bears have predicted 30 of the last 2 bear markets. I don't necessarily think we'll see the mother of all crashes anytime soon.

pandemic was a weird recession. We still are feeding off what was fueling the bull market before it, massive debt by corporations. Right now it’s working fine wnd dandy but that next crqsh will burn a lot of companies, especially those with poor fundamentals.

edit: recession cause companies to go out of business. While we had small businesses go through that. We didn’t experience it at the publicly traded level like we should have. I’m curious what that’ll mean in terms of the timeline for the next recession.

Thank you for everyone’s reply. I am planning to hunker down and stay in for the long haul. I will continue to research and learn about the companies I’m owning.

as far as the sector I’m most knowledgeable in, I’m an artist that spends the majority of my time reading art history, theory and philosophy lol so I’m not very knowledgeable about any economic sectors and they’re movements.

I really do appreciate all input and everyone’s time they invest in this thread

What kind of art do you make?

If you’re knowledgeable on art then you might have a good eye to buy art now as a longer term, less liquid, investment. I have started to buy some oil paintings and sculptures. For my own enjoyment, but also as something that will appreciate in value.

Art is expensive but if you have the eye for it and know the right people you could do well.

In 2008 - 2009, a contagion in the housing market caused everything to crash. In 2019, a biological contagion caused a crash. My prediction: the next big crash will be caused by a technological virus--think advanced computer virus--that shuts everything down by holding entire sectors hostage.

Matterport announced a Facebook collab, GHVI treating me well today.
Anymore details on what that entails? If you can get the tech to be implemented into VR to provide live digital twins that you can experience in it’s a game changer. Imagine having their cameras at a baseball game, you’re in your VR headset and you can walk onto the field next to the pitcher and watch everything at the players level. That’s game changing tech that will lead to a mega cap company.

Anymore details on what that entails? If you can get the tech to be implemented into VR to provide live digital twins that you can experience in it’s a game changer. Imagine having their cameras at a baseball game, you’re in your VR headset and you can walk onto the field next to the pitcher and watch everything at the players level. That’s game changing tech that will lead to a mega cap company.

i prefer snap and vuzi play into AR glasses over any VR headset product

headsets are cumbersome and wearing one in public is strange af

I'm not heavily invested in GHVI. It's a cautious long term bet on a $13 SPAC, that is merging with an interesting already profitable company, hoping it will go the next level. Either do it's own thing or bought up by a giant.

Yesterday I read something about Facebook's VR was undervalued and then today the Matterport connection is announced.

I'm thinking everything... as in Google Street View 2.0.

Digitizing the world; helping AI drivers and storage robots. Remote asset management, inventory and safety inspection. City, Hotels, real estate and AirBnB virtual tours. You've seen the difference between slideshows and 3D tours and while pictures are great, 3D provides actual spatial context and awareness. Rather than having to fly out a bunch of dumbass engineers half around the world, maybe you have the onsite personnel scan the site and have the engineers get a 3D close-up from their home office. I'm not a huge fan of VR, I don't want some big bulky Landmower Man experience, but a 3D experience on a big office monitor or in a conference setting, I like that.

[Disclaimer] GameStop got me into investing and I'm new to the basics. So don't sell the farm, because I'm excited one of my sleeper bets is showing a 2 dollar movement. I have only 500 at $13, I plan to keep an eye one the price movement and look for sales too good to be true. SPACs have gotten a bad rep and because the merger process is long and boring, prices can swing a lot.

They are embracing smart phones.

Every ten years 3D movies and VR gets revisited, but it's always the same. People don't want to wear VR helmet or 3D glasses. I think, you can go a long way with a high quality 3D representation on a 2D interface.

Last edited:

This is why I'm excited for Apple Glasses. I think they are going to make a huge shift in wearable tech.

I'm not heavily invested in GHVI. It's a cautious long term bet on a $13 SPAC, that is merging with an interesting already profitable company, hoping it will go the next level. Either do it's own thing or bought up by a giant.

Yesterday I read something about Facebook's VR was undervalued and then today the Matterport connection is announced.

I'm thinking everything... as in Google Street View 2.0.

Digitizing the world; helping AI drivers and storage robots. Remote asset management, inventory and safety inspection. City, Hotels, real estate and AirBnB virtual tours. You've seen the difference between slideshows and 3D tours and while pictures are great, 3D provides actual spatial context and awareness. Rather than having to fly out a bunch of dumbass engineers half around the world, maybe you have the onsite personnel scan the site and have the engineers get a 3D close-up from their home office. I'm not a huge fan of VR, I don't want some big bulky Landmower Man experience, but a 3D experience on a big office monitor or in a conference setting, I like that.

[Disclaimer] GameStop got me into investing and I'm new to the basics. So don't sell the farm, because I'm excited one of my sleeper bets is showing a 2 dollar movement. I have only 500 at $13, I plan to keep an eye one the price movement and look for sales too good to be true. SPACs have gotten a bad rep and because the merger process is long and boring, prices can swing a lot.

They are embracing smart phones.

Every ten years 3D movies and VR gets revisited, but it's always the same. People don't want to wear VR helmet or 3D glasses. I think, you can go a long way with a high quality 3D representation on a 2D interface.

Same boat as you. I've got a handfull of shares and I'm waiting to see where they take this.

Back
Top Bottom