OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Snapchat up in the $18 range. Patiently waiting for it to reach the mid 20s.
Decided to hop back in on Viacom today. Looks like they will have some type of merger in the near future with CBS to battle companies like Netflix.

525 points swing on the Dow today.

Screenshot_20190801-135059_Chrome.jpg

Wow, I'm making SERIOUS bank with my Nasdaq shorts, so glad I sold everything off, I had a very strong feeling this was coming. Pretty much timed it perfectly.

Rate cut done, QT done, unemployment at all time lows, consumer confidence at all time highs, earnings almost all "beat" estimates across the board, what's left to carry this market higher ? August - October is historically very dangerous and volatile. China trade deal was obviously not coming. Global economic data continuously deteriorating almost across the board, bond yields screaming danger, "Experts" on CNBC saying nothing but "buy buy buy".

Wow, I'm making SERIOUS bank with my Nasdaq shorts, so glad I sold everything off, I had a very strong feeling this was coming. Pretty much timed it perfectly.

How does this work? How long do you have to "hold" the shorts, before "returning" them?

How does this work? How long do you have to "hold" the shorts, before "returning" them?

Many ways, you can short stocks directly, buy inverse etf's, buy put options on stocks/etf's, short futures.. etc

I went the shorting futures contracts route. Most brokers allow futures trading and you can go long/short on contracts and if you have enough capital for the maintenance you can hold the shorts until the contract expires, I shorted the whole Nasdaq 100 futures index.

I also bought some SOXS which is a 3x levered bear ETF for the semiconductor sector, so when the semiconductor index goes down 1% in a day SOXS goes up 3% that same day.

All are very risky and dangerous, I don't recommend shorting with leveraged ETF or futures for anyone inexperienced.

Everybody might want to take a look at Microsoft stock.
Word just got out that "Ninja", the most popular video game streamer in the world, just left streaming platform, Twitch, and is going to be exclusively streaming on Mixer which is owned by Microsoft... That's going to be huge for Microsoft
Here's an article if yall want to read about it.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/1/20750405/ninja-twitch-mixer-exclusivity-tyler-blevins

the guy hasn't even started streaming on the platform yet and his streaming channel is going crazy.
https://mixer.com/Ninja

He was creating some enemies over there on Twitch. I'm not mad at him for leaving. He went to a smaller platform and probably making more money by doing so. Just means that Microsoft is about to see their streaming platform make a huge jump viewership now that they have one of Twitch's biggest money makers. Makes me wonder if anybody else with abandon ship and head their way.

Rate cut done, QT done, unemployment at all time lows, consumer confidence at all time highs, earnings almost all "beat" estimates across the board, what's left to carry this market higher ? August - October is historically very dangerous and volatile. China trade deal was obviously not coming. Global economic data continuously deteriorating almost across the board, bond yields screaming danger, "Experts" on CNBC saying nothing but "buy buy buy".

Was trading QCOM and got out before that all happened had 3 calls I wanted to short FB after the shock drop when it was still in the green but nah I just called it a day and avoided a potential reverse that didn’t happen
I might trade SQ if it has a good bullish set up
They had a good ER but it got sold off anyway
That why I wait for the dust to settle instead of playing ER

Sold the rest of my sq at 81...I only sold off my original investment plus a few extra jus because it made an even number lol. Ended up keeping some profit basically free sq.

They hating hard on sq lol

Months of market gains wiped out in a few days.

TMF JNUG SQQQ SOXS GBTC UVXY all on fire. Wish I bought even more.

Thoughts on TVIX compared to UVXY?
TVIX is half the price but better returns than UVXY (*when markets are tanking like today)

Thoughts on TVIX compared to UVXY?
TVIX is half the price but better returns than UVXY (*when markets are tanking like today)

TVIX is slightly more leveraged which amplifies returns in either direction, I do use it sometimes when I anticipate a very short term event to quickly spike vol, but the increased leverage has the downside of increased decay, so I prefer to use UVXY when I plan to go long on vol for longer periods of time, the decreased decay helps on days when the market dead cat bounces upwards.

I first started going long/short vol in the summer of 2015 when all the China drama was going on and I got my feet wet with UVXY so I just feel more comfortable with it overall.

Months of market gains wiped out in a few days.

TMF JNUG SQQQ SOXS GBTC UVXY all on fire. Wish I bought even more.

I’ve been scalping crumbs bro I’m not sure if I want to buy a short or a call today
But I wish I held onto JNUG over the weekend though

Back
Top Bottom