OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

"quiting while your up and quiting all together are not the same thing" - Denzel

Life is a delicate push and pull of time, emotions, resources, and people. I took profits on many rookie level investments that, all things considered, I've been lucky to make a buck on. Watching closely the next two weeks and eyining a < 2700 re-entrance

Here’s my advice to you newer guys. It’s important to be patient and wait, right, but sometimes the market doesn’t give you the pullback you originally expected or wanted. When that happens you need to be agile and aware. I went into the weekend having raised some cash and with two hedges on, we opened this morning down and briefly were under my confirmation breakdown of 2962 but then the leaders came out of the gate hot and ramped up, and the market snapped back over that demand zone and held it as it continued to grind back up over the other downside pivots I had on my charts. I could’ve sat there and been resistant to adjust and stuck to my original plan, or I could’ve followed the charts and adjusted as the market told me to adjust. You can’t be biased one way or another. You need to be biased to the trend and seeing how the market is acting off of your supply and demand zones. Don’t be stubborn and wish and want, be proactive and react to what the market is telling you. This takes time to understand and you need to develop your own system to figure out which levels represent pivots or supply/demand zones but if you study, you’ll get there. I use auction market theory/value area trading, some people use things as simple as a moving average, others Fibonacci, Ichimoku cloud, vwap, etc. figure out your plan and react to the market. Never be biased, never be stubborn, always have cash on hand, manage risk and let it rock.

Last edited:
We were talking about the index not individual stocks in regards to the 2900 range. The index typically is your signal for an up or downtrend and individual stocks that are great growth drivers outperform the index.

if trump doesn't get elected, does the market tank? or does it tank no matter what after election?

i feel like we are getting participation trophies for just being in the market

Sad story up there. Options have always seemed like gambling more than investing to me. I don’t fully understand them and know I have no business with them.

I bought a car at the end of May. Dealership let me essentially walk away at "cost" with free oil changes for life and a 1.9% APR. Lot of good sales and deals across the auto and retail sectors. Juxtapose that with the increased demand in real estate because of low rates and we're seeing a lot more consumer spending than expected. The everyday person might actually be ok in all of this, it's the institutions and corporations I think that are more economically disadvantaged.

Idk if the market will sell off either post election. Trump is the brrrr machine. Biden worked under Obama when operation brrrr was first introduced. I imagine we see 2 years of strength regardless in the market (unless a black swan event hits which is very possible).

I bought a car at the end of May. Dealership let me essentially walk away at "cost" with free oil changes for life and a 1.9% APR. Lot of good sales and deals across the auto and retail sectors. Juxtapose that with the increased demand in real estate because of low rates and we're seeing a lot more consumer spending than expected. The everyday person might actually be ok in all of this, it's the institutions and corporations I think that are more economically disadvantaged.

Idk if the market will sell off either post election. Trump is the brrrr machine. Biden worked under Obama when operation brrrr was first introduced. I imagine we see 2 years of strength regardless in the market (unless a black swan event hits which is very possible).

I'm sure there are good deals out there but that is for a reason. With the market near all time highs, a bounce in retail sales off the bottom is priced in. Who knows how high the market may go, but it surely has nothing to do with the fundamentals of the economy.

Back
Top Bottom