OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Planet 13 (PLNHF) been climbing . Was around $1 as far back as June. Up to $4 now. They're still growing, expanding and appear to have good management. Gonna hold on to this position for a while. It has the potential to be what MedMen was trying to be.

Planet 13 (PLNHF) been climbing . Was around $1 as far back as June. Up to $4 now. They're still growing, expanding and appear to have good management. Gonna hold on to this position for a while. It has the potential to be what MedMen was trying to be.

Isn't that a weed shop in Vegas?

Isn't that a weed shop in Vegas?
Yeah. They’re expanding. They’re opening a spot in Cali soon and have other locations in mind. They’re going for an Apple store / superstore / entertainment complex type situation. Something different from your typical dispensary.

Yeah. They’re expanding. They’re opening a spot in Cali soon and have other locations in mind. They’re going for an Apple store / superstore / entertainment complex type situation. Something different from your typical dispensary.

This is what wins. High end retail that gives an “experience” will win.

Let me show you what I mean: I was in the Lulu store, getting a pair of pants hemmed. I asked the manager what she liked about the job and she couldn’t speak highly enough of the job. It’s no surprise lulu has a highly sales:square footage ratio. Lulu communicated their WHY effectively, and I felt it as I walked out of the store.

I have no position.

This is what wins. High end retail that gives an “experience” will win.

Let me show you what I mean: I was in the Lulu store, getting a pair of pants hemmed. I asked the manager what she liked about the job and she couldn’t speak highly enough of the job. It’s no surprise lulu has a highly sales:square footage ratio. Lulu communicated their WHY effectively, and I felt it as I walked out of the store.

I have no position.
I agree. They’re aiming to provide an experience like you said that most dispensaries aren’t offering. A lot of dispensaries don’t have an inviting appeal so this could be a cool lane if they execute well.

idk much about calculations, but this guy seems to. big bull

giphy.gif

Can someone explain this in layman terms?

He's basically arguing that if Tesla increases their earnings per share from like $2 today, to $32 in two years, their current valuation makes sense. Their current Price to Earnings (PE) ratio is over 849. That means people pay $849 to earn $1 from their investment in Tesla. WILDLY OVERPRICED. So in 2 years if they increase earnings from $2 to $32 (absolutely asinine) then their stock price today would make sense, compared to other companies with a market cap of more than $1Bn.

Lmk if that makes it any clearer. I would love to see the base assumptions they make in their valuation and what their DCF model looks like to get $32 eps.

He's basically arguing that if Tesla increases their earnings per share from like $2 today, to $32 in two years, their current valuation makes sense. Their current Price to Earnings (PE) ratio is over 849. That means people pay $849 to earn $1 from their investment in Tesla. WILDLY OVERPRICED. So in 2 years if they increase earnings from $2 to $32 (absolutely asinine) then their stock price today would make sense, compared to other companies with a market cap of more than $1Bn.

Lmk if that makes it any clearer. I would love to see the base assumptions they make in their valuation and what their DCF model looks like to get $32 eps.
Thans Noskey, that helped out ALOT.

Why stop at 32 eps let’s make it $150.

SE had monster numbers. Really shows me that you lose money by trading a position rather than just buying, holding, adding if the stock keeps growing.

Last edited:
Walmart killed it.
Regretfully sold 14x 135c calls.

Edit: selloff wow. Will be grtting calls at open if it stays down.

Last edited:
can you elaborate? SE engages in online gaming services while MELI focuses on e-commerce as a whole
Online gaming is just one part of SE’s business. Shopee is becoming the most used online retailer in SEA. Plus they benefit from their payments division as well. All the life changing growth is coming from e-commerce and payments.

added another share of Shopify today.

I’ve been following the market pretty closely for maybe a year. I’ve read a couple intro books and have had plenty of time since the pandemic to get familiar with certain companies. I’ve enjoyed the process and it feels good to have made a little money from trading, and own shares of great companies that have gone up since buying. This thread has helped me learn (shout out JRS), although it seems like the metrics they teach in books don’t apply right now (IE value investing). All that being said..... sometimes I feel like just scrapping the whole thing, putting whatever money i feel like having in the market into Aapl and Amzn, DCAing monthly and call it a day.....

Nothing wrong w that at all. Real wealth is made from long term investing. Glad you had a good little run so far. Best new paradigms to learn from are honestly SE, SHOP, ETSY’s earnings for high growth companies and what to look for. GRWG is the perfect stock to learn from right now. Look at their earnings, look at the chart patterns that developed after their earnings and wait for the next set up like it. That set up has played out with TWLO, FSLY, PINS, LVGO to name a few so far.

took 5 shares of se. No reason for me not to be in this one based on where I think it can go.

I want to because they’ve been a lock every earnings and, now, they have Mellanox, which should give them even more of a boost for this earnings. Seeing companies get sold off after earnings though makes me nervous.
I sold my DKNG and SLV positions and bought 3 shares of NVDA. Wanted to leave some room to add to the position in case earnings disappoints, or even if they sell off for no reason.

I am very thankful for today's jump in PTON. Set up stops and locked in (after clawing back!) gains on my $65C's that were set to expire Friday. Have a stop on my $60C too so net net, wound up with a nice gain after giving back 100% gains and then some! What a two week ride this was.

Back
Top Bottom