OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Trying to trade SPY in both directions is super frustrating
It’s as if no one takes any profits and it goes up 1% every damn day :lol::lol:
It will sale off for a good red 5 min candle and then the next thing you know it’s shooting up again
And I do t want to buy call when it’s gaped up like today just to walk away with a scalp
I’m about to start just chilling waiting for it to get in the red zone to see if it will recover

Last edited:
If you’re gonna be holding long-term, I’d say grab some shares. I’ll have to defer to johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm for the real analysis though :lol: :nerd:.
So I’ll be honest, I think Apple is actually at the moment a trap for retail investors. Declining growth, slowdown in innovation, incredibly extended. But then you have to sit here and think about the why. 200 billion in cash, very nice dividend, smart ceo and a good beat last quarter with growth going from -2% to +11%. Its a very mature company and that should leave a lot to be desired but the allure comes down to a huge cash position that shields it from any long term worries and the potential of a pipeline that hasn’t been tapped yet. If we don’t see Apple innovate in the next few years and things stay the same, I will be exiting my position because this became Microsoft under Balmer and essentially on the path to being IBM. Having said that, I think that trend is avoided by innovation we haven’t seen yet and the small little acquisitions they have made like buying Mobeewave and entering into the fintech world by letting your iPhone become a point of sale device. I don’t think you own Apple here because of their iPhones or computers. You buy them for services, for fintech and for a product that hasn’t been released yet.

What the hell happened between 8/10 - 8/12, dropped 20% and another 24% by 8/25

What I was thinking about doing too...

Big money cashing in. Gotta show profits this EOY. Not gonna traverse through elections for that - too much uncertainty.

What the hell happened between 8/10 - 8/12, dropped 20% and another 24% by 8/25

What I was thinking about doing too...
Didn't Russia claim to have made a vaccine which in turn helped cause NVAX and other companies who were working on a vaccine to drop?

In other news...I'm gonna grab a few shares of crowd-strike in anticipation of their earnings.

Adding a few shares a PTON for the short term. Wouldn’t be surprised if the stock has a ZM-like pop after earnings on 9/10.

Trimmed ~10% of my APPL and TSLA positions today in my Roth, felt good to lock some profit in.

Anyone else think we're gonna see a pullback here in the next 2-3 months? I get the FED action and response etc but with increased corp layoffs being announced I just don't see how we continue to climb climb climb, granted not much had made sense up to this point.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Top sign????

I think it's a mixture plus price target increases by the likes of JP Morgan and others have served as a catalyst.
If it’s anything like crwd numbers will be priced in and you’ll see profit taking.

dumped pd and took a loss $1.40 a share which came out to around 35-40 bucks. Annoying cause I was up $9 a share last night and got greedy. Main thing I’m taking away is when I own a tier two or tier 3 stock and it runs into earnings, decrease the position by 50% or get out. I should only be holding tier 1 stocks through earnings full size. Used the money from that sale to start into crwd. Got 8 shares around 133.40 average. Will add two to seven more shares over time.

thinking we see a deeper pullback soon. Maybe a 10-20% correction in October or after the election. Should be healthy and a good buying opp.

Screen_Shot_2020-09-02_at_5.56.36_PM-1.png

TSLA. Completed a sub-minuette correction. Currently support at 430, 418. Target 1st > 548, 2nd > 575. Breaking below 403 invalidates bullish outlook. If in a TSLA trade, be prepared for corrective patterns to complete. Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom