OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

This is me and why I'm sold out of so many positions that won bigly last year. PTON, TSLA, almost out of CHWY and ETSY, nervous about PINS and AAPL. I dont want to be the one holding the bags, or knives, as they fall, so if that means missing the top and selling early, so be it. I cant be this "good" at stock picking. If I am, some certain local advisories and banks missed out on a genius. But I dont think so. I think a combination of luck and internet caused the most inflated market in history, which we will all look back at in 3 years saying "it was so obvious!!!"

That's where I'm at too, except I haven't sold anything. I just know a correction has to come at some point, but for the time being... where else can I put any of my money. Bank accounts pay nothing, dollar losing value, stonks go up.

I wanted to buy a rental property with the cash I have, but with the eviction moratorium / rent forbearance going on... probably not best to jump in at this point, even though interest rates are historically low.

So throw all the cash into an broad market index fund and put some sort of trailing stop to cash out before the correction happens? Or just keep earning 0.4% APY in a "HYSA"? Or throw it all into Pokemon cards?

That's where I'm at too, except I haven't sold anything. I just know a correction has to come at some point, but for the time being... where else can I put any of my money. Bank accounts pay nothing, dollar losing value, stonks go up.

I wanted to buy a rental property with the cash I have, but with the eviction moratorium / rent forbearance going on... probably not best to jump in at this point, even though interest rates are historically low.

So throw all the cash into an broad market index fund and put some sort of trailing stop to cash out before the correction happens? Or just keep earning 0.4% APY in a "HYSA"? Or throw it all into Pokemon cards?
I threw a couple thousand into GME. That's worked out well so far 🤷‍♂️

Also adding to ARK funds. Figure Cathy would have her ear to the ground before me or anyone I know, so I'll trust my money with her for now. Added positions in ARKF, ARKG, and ARKQ since the new year.

How soon will the public adopt telehealth and wearables? What's the cost relative to in-person visits? Do large insurers cover these types of expenses? I imagine they would prefer people use this form of health monitoring since it would theoretically improve general health and lead to quicker diagnosis for their insureds, but I feel like people would need a push to get using these services.

FWIW my college capstone class had a telehealth company come in for help for one of our capstone projects, and I was sold on the idea then and there. That was in.. 2012? The tech has obvs greatly improved and been refined, so I really hope that guy was able to keep his business alive to today and see his vision realized.

"Almost 75% of all doctor, urgent care, and ER visits are either unnecessary or could be handled safely and effectively over the phone or video"

I've heard insurance companies are looking to mandate genomic testing since there is can be more personalization in the products sold.

Back
Top Bottom