OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Whales already lost round 1. Melvin had to be backstopped by other hedge funds yesterday. If the price spikes any higher, I dont see how the shorts survive to the weekend.
I read he’s filing for bankruptcy. This clearly was an attack on him and others by someone who wanted them out of business. Reddit are just lucky bystanders who are being used to hide that fact.

all of y’all foaming to buy AMC is making me want to buy more puts

**** yall 😂

Might want to keep an eye out for buying opportunities elsewhere as the madness continues to unfold

Might want to keep an eye out for buying opportunities elsewhere as the madness continues to unfold
I took the nvta add off and trimmed everything in half but I’m cool with buying everything back if we can see a move 5-15% lower in those positions.

I read he’s filing for bankruptcy. This clearly was an attack on him and others by someone who wanted them out of business. Reddit are just lucky bystanders who are being used to hide that fact.

all of y’all foaming to buy AMC is making me want to buy more puts

**** yall 😂
The Reddit math doesn’t line up. Unless there’s 60,000 whales among the 2 million users. A couple of Twitter guys broke it down. This is quite the Robin Hood moment for the little guys. If this lasts another week, I can see a movie being made about it. The Reddit guys have pumped worse stocks for bigger % gains than this. This feels different.

RH just added new call options (up to $320) for gme. With no prior history, when do these populate? Right at 930est?

Dumb question but do after hours price change what the opening price will be? For example if amc closed at 5 will it open at 5 or open at whatever the after hour price is? Just curious how that works. Lost an order from TSLA one time when i set the limit order to the previous day close on the open.

Newb question just for clarification. Earlier I bought a $5.5 call for $AMC after market close when it was around $6. Then it hit $8+ after hours. When the market opens, will my order be filled as long as the stock opens above $5.5? My understanding is the order will be filled but im just paying a higher premium to have a strike price thats already under the current stock price.

Last edited:
Newb question just for clarification. Earlier I bought a $5.5 call for $AMC after market close when it was around $6. Then it hit $8+ after hours. When the market opens, will my order be filled as long as the stock opens above $5.5? My understanding is the order will be filled but im just paying a higher premium to have a strike price thats already under the current stock price.

Did you do a market order or limit order? If it’s a market order, it will get filled regardless of the open being above/below $5.50.

Dumb question but do after hours price change what the opening price will be? For example if amc closed at 5 will it open at 5 or open at whatever the after hour price is? Just curious how that works. Lost an order from TSLA one time when i set the limit order to the previous day close on the open.

Short answer: I’d be surprised as hell if AMC opens at $5 :lol:. The combination of it being pumped after hours and most likely pumped in pre-market as well means it should open higher, but that’s also based on what market order(s) get executed at the opening bell.

Here’s a better answer: https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/139.asp.

Did you do a market order or limit order? If it’s a market order, it will get filled regardless of the open being above/below $5.50.

It is a limit order. So as long as the stock price is above the strike price at open, the order will get filled then?

Back
Top Bottom