OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Short answer: I’d be surprised as hell if AMC opens at $5 :lol:. The combination of it being pumped after hours and most likely pumped in pre-market as well means it should open higher, but that’s also based on what market order(s) get executed at the opening bell.

Here’s a better answer: https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/139.asp.

thanks I appreciate that! Yea it’s already close to 9 in after hours.:rofl:

he bought a call tho, i dont think those get filled

Yes its for a call option. So for the options order to get filled, I need to buy a call that has a strike price at or above the market price and once the market price hits it target(strike price) it gets filled? And im using RH and only see it defaults to a limit order for call options.

Last edited:
What’s your strategy now? Stop loss near $100? Out at $250. Ride or die to $10,000?

this was posted yesterday on stoxktwits
917934B7-71CF-4D3E-8293-6938142EA356.png

Short sell %. Reddit is supposedly targeting some of these.

Honestly I have no idea what Im doing but it's $1k (13 shares @ $77) I'm okay with losing, so I can take a higher risk. Im going to evaluate the situation each day but I'm aiming for $12-15k. Seems like all the WSB guys are certain it will go over $1k lol.

Yes its for a call option. So for the options order to get filled, I need to buy a call that has a strike price at or above the market price and once the market price hits it target(strike price) it gets filled? And im using RH and only see it defaults to a limit order for call options.
Dont trade options until you fully understand them. Stick to shares for now. You'll lose money like that South park meme if you're asking us how options work.

Not at all man. Please watch videos and study up.
Long story short, strike price has nothing to do with it. You’re looking at the bid-ask )which fluctuates with the share price. ) for when these get bought/ordered.
A $5 amc call yesterday morning was $0.58-0.78. The further in the money the call becomes, the more you will make. Today; that call may be worth $4.00. You should have tried to buy it before market close yesterday. A $5 call then was $1.25. It may be worth $4.00 plus upon market open. Very rarely can you try to buy at the old bid-ask from the day prior and get it executed.

Amcx as a residual related play, or mistake play? Up $11 after hours/pre market.
Which other platforms or sites are open this early? Rh is always late to the party.

Is it to late to hop on the GME Train or should I head straight for AMC?

I dont think so, they are projecting near 1k for gme and amc is just getting started

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm appreciate your advice and expertise in this field, but are you capitalizing off all this madness or you’re watching from the sidelines?

$420 or 1,000? Unreal times. They need to just sell their shares and walk away from the company for life.

The price of gme is already past the threshold RH created for today’s calls. (Maxed out at $320). Unheard of. What are the $4.50 share holders saying? There’s many losers that will happen eventually. I guess enjoy the moment?

Grab it here at 49 I like the base
I really like it here, below the offering price, but this market is going to crash and humble people soon. look at the random people popping in asking if it's too late to buy GME. people are going to get destroyed so I want to hoard cash and stick to my core.
I dont think so, they are projecting near 1k for gme and amc is just getting started

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm appreciate your advice and expertise in this field, but are you capitalizing off all this madness or you’re watching from the sidelines?
Watching. In hindsight, I probably should have read more on it on Friday, but so be it. I've had a great return since April and May and I'm not going to complain in order to try and get rich off an epic squeeze.

Melvin blew out and is fully covered. GameStop will not hit $1000. But good luck to anyone ignorant enough to buy it up here. And good luck chasing AMC thinking you're going to see the same thing again. If you don't know how to read a chart, how to trade just basic options, or how to read an earnings report, stay the **** away because the market will take your money. Learn this **** before you get bankrupted this year.

Back
Top Bottom