OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

SQ was $194
ROKU was $389
SE was $205
..since the GME fiasco

the past 7 trading days have been bigly green for growth.
Glad I filled that SQ boat. I regret shaking out of my 206s in SE though. Thought I would see 202 and could get in there. Stupid. Only have 10 shares, but I'm keeping them forever.

We're all monkeys ****ing a football. Just remember that, keep perspective and stay grounded.

I started a position in Match Group last week, but might dip my toes in BMBL since it's more Becky-friendly. アミーゴ アミーゴ been posting about this IPO too.

Yeah I forgot to go more in-depth on Sunday

Product - I was using Bumble daily in my single days, it was the top pick in LA. Forward thinking, always new features (not afraid to fail like the Bumble BFF feature)... Good pipeline it seems

Business Side - This thing is going to get an immediate bump because it’s a sexy pick - retail traders know it and use it. It’s a hold for me - wheres the multiple revenue streams (just ads and pay to play), but could see them feasting when pandemic is over. They had a very rough T12 as you can assume.

I started a position in Match Group last week, but might dip my toes in BMBL since it's more Becky-friendly. アミーゴ アミーゴ been posting about this IPO too.

Nice - I am entertaining the idea of jumping in but haven't bought in on day 1 of ipo's before. Is it better to jump it once it starts trading or holding off a few hours/days?

アミーゴ アミーゴ - when you say it's a hold for you, you mean you holding off on the purchase? Or you buying to hold long term? Day 1 purchase if so?

Thanks!

This is stupid. ROKU is putting in monthly gains per day now.

Grab a hedge in case if you can.

Sold HOL, looks toppy. +5 nice trade on a small position

Bot Feb 26 360-355 put spread in SPY for .20 burning money

Last edited:
Depends, like all things. If the IPO is set at 37, but it opens at 70, I'm not touching it. Maybe if it's under 50. That gives it room to run and wont risk a blow off after a day or two.

That's what I'm thinking - I may jump in right away if it opens below 60.

Why didn't I buy a billion GHVI?

***Ended up trying to momentum that bad boy and went from +$200 to -$50. Such is life.
someone market sold 6000 shares at the top, right fully so.

buy a hedge or trim if you're on margin today

burning money: Feb 26 QQQ 315-310 put spread for .44

GHVI (Matterport) seems to be popping up a lot for me lately, so I jumped in. For example, we've been house hunting and it's the 3D modeling/tour tech used on Redfin, etc.

I'm definitely on buy the dips for SE. It seems like it's running a bit too quickly for me right now, but I've got time. If not, I'll catch it next time it bases, hopefully :lol:
I think SE rides at $750 in a few years (if not sooner) as long as they keep executing, so that keeps me grounded in my investment.

I'm split on whether to DCA into SHOP or MELI at the moment. They sit at similar position weights for me. I'll have to think on it a bit more and see if any opportunities pique my interest.

Been thinking of dipping my toe into the ARK universe. For those more familiar with them, whats the thought on buying at these levels? Im concerned about the high allocation to tesla across 3-4 of the etfs as well as other redundancy in their portfolios. Any one got some words of wisdom?

Remember this when you tell yourself a great growth stock is too expensive because of how far it ran from when you first saw it

On a smart note, I wouldn't be a buyer in anything today unless it's something that gapped down big on good earnings or in a base.

That’s how I feel about Roku, I’ve been adding here and there. My first entry was $220 in October, but my other buys were in the mid 300s, even bought at 390 on 1/29. It just keeps climbing lol

Two weeks ago I bought SHOP at $1163 and SE at $235 which both were near AH at the time, so it felt a little crazy but did it any way. Put stops on them to feel better about it. It’s working out nicely so far, up 23% and 16% respectively. Glad I didn’t try to time it and wait for a dip.

Thanks Johnny, ECook, and the rest of the NT Stocks fam. I know the whole market has been doing great so I have to be cautious, but I’m loving some of these recommendations of actual great companies worth their pricing.

Last edited:
I definitely have my eye on Bumble. Planning on investing up to a couple grand depending on the price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom