OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

GHVI $19 AH. Lmao. I’m not this good, nah.

Long SHOP. Next stop $1 trillion
Shopify Pursues After Another Massive TAM

shop_logo.png

2-9-2021
Hello, all. This is Ophir writing.
Lede
Spotlight Top Pick Shopify (SHOP) announced that its Shop Pay would expand to Facebook and Instagram.
We will write a full review of Shopify’s earnings due out on 2-18-2021 shortly after the release, but today we focus on the announcement noted above.
The company, in our opinion, is well on its way to mega cap status — meaning a market cap in excess of $250 billion in the next five years.
We added Shopify to Pick Picks on March 22, 2017 for $66.50.
As of this writing it’s trading at $1432.99 up 2055%, qualifying as CML Pro’s first 20-bagger (for now).
This entry date and price has been verified by the third-party audit firm Krost. Please feel free to visit their website.
Pursuing Another Massive Total Addressable Market (TAM)
Shopify announced that its digital and mobile payments, known as Shop Pay, will be made available to all Shopify merchants selling on Facebook and Instagram.
Here is a snippet from the presser:
With this integration, consumers on Instagram and Facebook will see Shop Pay as a payment option in Facebook Pay.

Shop Pay pre-populates their details and speeds them through the most efficient and secure way to pay on the internet—directly on Instagram and Facebook. Once the purchase is made, consumers can track orders and see the carbon emissions offset from their purchases.

We discuss Shop Pay in every Top Pick dossier, but given that the company does appear to be aggressively marketing and partnering, it’s time to recognize the endeavor as not just a part of the Shopify ecosystem, but as another revenue generating business that strengthens its moat, and widens its opportunity.
Shopify noted that Shop Pay helped buyers complete more than 137 million orders in 2020, and by the end of the year, had facilitated nearly $20 billion in cumulative GMV since its launch in 2017.
But the thematic is enormous, and Shopify has thrust itself into it.
Let’s dive into the details.
The Mobile Payment Thematic
Worldwide in 2019, digital / mobile wallets accounted for nearly 42% of total e-commerce transaction volume, with credit cards and debit cards coming in second and third at 19.7% and 18.2%, respectively.
Data published by Statista showed mind boggling growth in the number of mobile contactless payment users worldwide, and this data was created in 2018, before the thrust forward from the Digital Transformation (DX) caused by COVID.
Here are the numbers in a chart:
number-of-mobile-payment-users.png

According to the findings, at the end of the first half of 2018 there was a total of 440 million contactless payment users worldwide, while by the end of 2020 it has been forecasted to reach to a new total of 760 million users.
Forbes tells us that the U.S. mobile payment market increased 41% from $69.8 billion in 2018 to $98.8 billion in 2019 according to eMarketer.
The growth is significant since a mere $12.8 billion was spent in 2012.
Again, with the impact of the DX, the 2020 number and every year after will be on a new trajectory — higher and faster is our rough estimate.
Before COVID, the projection for 2020 was $130 billion in the U.S.
Considering that the United States alone is projected to cross $1 trillion in e-commerce sales by 2023, it’s safe to say that the digital payments world is still in its growth stage.
We know the Shopify e-commerce story.
We know the Shopify logistics story.
We already knew the Shopify digital payments story — but today we learned more.
Conclusion
Shopify has established its moat and now is in full blown growth mode.
We believe Amazon’s e-commerce fortress has been penetrated by a system that is higher margin, more flexible, more open, more agnostic, and growing faster.
We don’t think many analysts even conceived of the idea that Shopify would try to bring Amazon, Walmart, and Target like e-commerce solutions to all companies not named Amazon, Walmart, and Target.
Nor do we believe that analysts conceived of the idea that through an e-commerce moat, Shopify would enter the logistics world and address an entirely new market.
Now Shopify’s digital payments are coming into focus.
We don’t see Shopify as a large cap — we see the company, in the future, as a mega cap.
We do believe that Amazon faces greater risk from Shopify than vice versa (in e-commerce).
We have believed so for years.
We re-iterate our Spotlight Top Pick status.
Thanks for reading, friends.
The author is long shares of Shopify at the time of this writing.
Please read the legal disclaimers below and as always, remember, CML Pro does not make recommendations or solicitations for the sale or purchase of any security ever. We are not licensed to do so, and wouldn’t do it even if we were. We share research and provide you the power to be knowledgeable to make your own decisions.

I know I need to trim something to be prudent from a logical standpoint but what do I sell? CURI GHVI are the worst two stocks I own. I have good size and cushion on everything else. Do I trim ROKU? Do I trim DIS and Apple? This is nuts.
I got rid of all of my DIS and AAPL a week ago. Probably should of gotten rid of DIS after earnings but it's ok. MGNI run up made up for it.

EDIT: johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm ride the growth wave fam

Last edited:
I feel like “sell in may and go away” is really gonna be the move this year. If we are getting close to herd immunity people are gonna want to spend their money on other things than investments. Personally, I’m going to PR for at least 2 weeks.

I know I need to trim something to be prudent from a logical standpoint but what do I sell? CURI GHVI are the worst two stocks I own. I have good size and cushion on everything else. Do I trim ROKU? Do I trim DIS and Apple? This is nuts.
That’s how I feel too. I’m holding too much hood **** to trim anything lol

SE continuing to carry my portfolio forward.

Kicking myself for not adding during that GME madness.
Same here.

PTON is my priority for a swing if I can get as close to 144 as possible. Under there would be my stop. Can explode through 158.

IPOE might need one last shake out to the 21 day but I like it over under 23 if it can reclaim and hold.

OPEN over 32 looks good

Last edited:
GHVI $19 AH. Lmao. I’m not this good, nah.

Long SHOP. Next stop $1 trillion
Shopify Pursues After Another Massive TAM

shop_logo.png

2-9-2021
Hello, all. This is Ophir writing.
Lede
Spotlight Top Pick Shopify (SHOP) announced that its Shop Pay would expand to Facebook and Instagram.
We will write a full review of Shopify’s earnings due out on 2-18-2021 shortly after the release, but today we focus on the announcement noted above.
The company, in our opinion, is well on its way to mega cap status — meaning a market cap in excess of $250 billion in the next five years.
We added Shopify to Pick Picks on March 22, 2017 for $66.50.
As of this writing it’s trading at $1432.99 up 2055%, qualifying as CML Pro’s first 20-bagger (for now).
This entry date and price has been verified by the third-party audit firm Krost. Please feel free to visit their website.
Pursuing Another Massive Total Addressable Market (TAM)
Shopify announced that its digital and mobile payments, known as Shop Pay, will be made available to all Shopify merchants selling on Facebook and Instagram.
Here is a snippet from the presser:
With this integration, consumers on Instagram and Facebook will see Shop Pay as a payment option in Facebook Pay.

Shop Pay pre-populates their details and speeds them through the most efficient and secure way to pay on the internet—directly on Instagram and Facebook. Once the purchase is made, consumers can track orders and see the carbon emissions offset from their purchases.

We discuss Shop Pay in every Top Pick dossier, but given that the company does appear to be aggressively marketing and partnering, it’s time to recognize the endeavor as not just a part of the Shopify ecosystem, but as another revenue generating business that strengthens its moat, and widens its opportunity.
Shopify noted that Shop Pay helped buyers complete more than 137 million orders in 2020, and by the end of the year, had facilitated nearly $20 billion in cumulative GMV since its launch in 2017.
But the thematic is enormous, and Shopify has thrust itself into it.
Let’s dive into the details.
The Mobile Payment Thematic
Worldwide in 2019, digital / mobile wallets accounted for nearly 42% of total e-commerce transaction volume, with credit cards and debit cards coming in second and third at 19.7% and 18.2%, respectively.
Data published by Statista showed mind boggling growth in the number of mobile contactless payment users worldwide, and this data was created in 2018, before the thrust forward from the Digital Transformation (DX) caused by COVID.
Here are the numbers in a chart:
number-of-mobile-payment-users.png

According to the findings, at the end of the first half of 2018 there was a total of 440 million contactless payment users worldwide, while by the end of 2020 it has been forecasted to reach to a new total of 760 million users.
Forbes tells us that the U.S. mobile payment market increased 41% from $69.8 billion in 2018 to $98.8 billion in 2019 according to eMarketer.
The growth is significant since a mere $12.8 billion was spent in 2012.
Again, with the impact of the DX, the 2020 number and every year after will be on a new trajectory — higher and faster is our rough estimate.
Before COVID, the projection for 2020 was $130 billion in the U.S.
Considering that the United States alone is projected to cross $1 trillion in e-commerce sales by 2023, it’s safe to say that the digital payments world is still in its growth stage.
We know the Shopify e-commerce story.
We know the Shopify logistics story.
We already knew the Shopify digital payments story — but today we learned more.
Conclusion
Shopify has established its moat and now is in full blown growth mode.
We believe Amazon’s e-commerce fortress has been penetrated by a system that is higher margin, more flexible, more open, more agnostic, and growing faster.
We don’t think many analysts even conceived of the idea that Shopify would try to bring Amazon, Walmart, and Target like e-commerce solutions to all companies not named Amazon, Walmart, and Target.
Nor do we believe that analysts conceived of the idea that through an e-commerce moat, Shopify would enter the logistics world and address an entirely new market.
Now Shopify’s digital payments are coming into focus.
We don’t see Shopify as a large cap — we see the company, in the future, as a mega cap.
We do believe that Amazon faces greater risk from Shopify than vice versa (in e-commerce).
We have believed so for years.
We re-iterate our Spotlight Top Pick status.
Thanks for reading, friends.
The author is long shares of Shopify at the time of this writing.
Please read the legal disclaimers below and as always, remember, CML Pro does not make recommendations or solicitations for the sale or purchase of any security ever. We are not licensed to do so, and wouldn’t do it even if we were. We share research and provide you the power to be knowledgeable to make your own decisions.

You called 20, but I don’t think you meant in one day! Now what? You confident in holding a bit, or thinking quick sell?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom