OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Bruh it's only 10 days :lol: We had this thing planned to start next year otherwise. A week should be long enough to gauge a strategy and ID some picks. If anything it's not long enough imo.

dec 12 is too far away
Bruh it's only 10 days
laugh.gif
We had this thing planned to start next year otherwise. A week should be long enough to gauge a strategy and ID some picks. If anything it's not long enough imo.
u gave us 300k n its burning a whole in my pocket 

I initially thought December 12 was too far away, but it gives a chance for folks to sign up before the start date + set up their trades in advance.

I will be posting weekly screenshots of the ranking in this thread.

Last edited:
Bruh it's only 10 days :lol: We had this thing planned to start next year otherwise. A week should be long enough to gauge a strategy and ID some picks. If anything it's not long enough imo.

Agreed. I've stepped away from watching individual companies for a bit and focused more on ETFs/mutual funds so this gives us a solid few sessions to look into trends and whatnot.

Gonna think up some strategies I've been wanting to try and implement it here.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...-gross-donald-trump/?source=dam?client=safari

Donald Trump's Stock Market Rally Won't Last

One of the world’s most prominent investors, BillGross, predicted an end to the post-election stock rally, saying that Donald Trump’s anti-globalization policies would restrict trade and reduce corporate profits over the long term.

Janus Capital Group’sGrosson Tuesday advised fund managers to shift money into cash and cash alternatives if they are pursuing “unconstrained” strategies, which allow them to invest in many asset classes and sectors.

“There’s no doubt that many aspects of Trump’s agenda are good for stocks and bad for bonds near term—tax cuts, deregulation, fiscal stimulus, etc.,”Grosssaid in his widely followed monthly investment outlook.

“But longer term, investors must consider the negatives of Trump’s anti-globalization ideas which may restrict trade and negatively affect corporate profits. In addition, the strong dollar weighs heavily on globalized corporations, especially tech stocks,” he said.

Gross, who oversees the $1.7 billion Janus Global Unconstrained Bond Fund, added that investors should brace for higher rates and get more defensive in their bond portfolios.

In doing so,Grosssaid bond durations and risk assets such as stocks and high-yield junk bonds should be below benchmark targets. Duration is a bond’s sensitivity to interest rate fluctuations; going shorter, or lower, on duration is an investment strategy when rates are expected to rise.

Grossbecame the world’s most famous bond fund manager at Allianz SE’s Pacific Investment Management Co, where he ran Pimco Total Return until 2014, when he joined Janus.

Grosshas said he did not vote for Trump or Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

Grossmocked Trump’s policies and sarcastically remarked that some of them “fit neatly” with how policymakers might be able to solve a long-term global debt crisis.

“Begin to emphasize ‘fiscal’ as opposed to ‘monetary’ policy, but never mention Keynes or significant increases in government deficit spending,”Grosssaid. “Use the buzzwords of ‘infrastructure’ spending and ‘lower taxes.’ Everyone wants those potholes fixed, don’t they? Everyone wants lower taxes too!”

Grosssaid Trump’s policies promote capitalism, “even though government-controlled, near-zero-percent interest rates distort markets and ultimately corrupt capitalism as we once understood it.”

I mean, common sense says a rally ends eventually. Just a matter of when. I have a feeling Trump will do something so stupid the world collapses.

Interest rate hikes might beat him to the punch.

But Trump's style of diplomacy will definitely add a measure of volatility to the markets.

I foresee a lot of big swings in both directions.

Terrible timing for me with the NT stock game

So many damn client meetings in these next few weeks, not to mention constantly pitching

I'm just gonna set my trades and forget it

Terrible timing for me with the NT stock game

So many damn client meetings in these next few weeks, not to mention constantly pitching

I'm just gonna set my trades and forget it
I would rather be winning in real life bruh
Best of luck to you in your work life :pimp:

Last edited:
Yea I was confused by that post. I'm sure he was ok with that info out, just didn't want the whole portfolio out there.

I need to school myself out REITs though. Seems like a pretty good way to have income streaming.

Yea I was confused by that post. I'm sure he was ok with that info out, just didn't want the whole portfolio out there.

I need to school myself out REITs though. Seems like a pretty good way to have income streaming.
What makes REITs attractive to me is that some of them have above average dividend yields

Wanted to buy some puts for GS this morning. Missed my buy limit before that huge drop >:

Tom bout real gains, btw.

Shorted on the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom