OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Everyone wants to get rich but the most money doesn’t come in a day unless you’re an elite day trader who spent a lot of time, energy and money trying to get there. The best thing you can do is own the best NEW companies that can capture the entire planet and use the whole word as their customer and DCA into them over time and hold them until the fundamental story changes.

look at this thread for instance

this will happen again. It happens all the time. God willing each of us own a the next stock like this. Your main priority should be to create wealth first and foremost and then if you want some cash flow, you trade a little with 1-5% of your account and you leave your core investments alone for the rest of your working life if they are fundamentally working.

so what do you do to find the next netflix? I can’t say definitively, but my approach has been this:

find a stock that affects and impacts everyone in the world. Determine if that stock is growing earnings and revenue consistently above 30% yoy. Determine if that stock has gross margins over 25% (higher the better, ideally over 40%). Determine if the stock has free cash flow growth. If it’s not positive now, when does it expect to be positive? Will it grow FCF positive in a year or two? Does the stock raise money at highs to fund growth and innovation, or does the stock use its cash to buy back more shares and inflate its line? Does the stock have a moat (edge over competition)? Does the stock have a brand that is becoming notorious? Can it be used as a verb or synonymous with the product category it’s in? Does it have GROWING institutional support (money spot is over 800 funds but you want to be there for that ride so if they only have 300 funds owning it and it keeps growing, smile, it hasn’t been discovered or understood fully yet)? Is it’s market cap below 10 or 5 billion, and if it isn’t can it 10x from here today (I think TDOC, roku and shop can even thought their mc’s are 30-150 billion)? Does management have a reputable track record that makes you infinitely confident in them?

if you can answer yes to all of those, take your chances and hold until you answer no down the line.

edit: one thing I want to add, pay attention to valuations. They will matter again. Just understand a hyper growth stock can be overvalued forever so be aware but with my new buys I’m looking for a next year’s EV/S being less than 30x.

high growth also doesn’t equal an easy time investing. There are many 50% drops that occur with high growth stocks along the way and a balanced portfolio that has high growth stocks with safe, sleep at night large cap stocks that are still growing or innovating or offering important services will be a very lucrative long term CAGR.

Last edited:
im back guys. house shopping is such a pain in nyc. ive been long XOM since 30 (dividends was at +10%) and i think this is the year its gonna go up. oils slowly creeping up and would recommend taking a look into it.

i see yall been talking about TSLA lately. i dont think TSLA is worth 4000+ pre split. also they have a horrible build quality issue that people defend cause they are considered a "tech" company so they let it slide. when i walk my dog down the block ive spotted this model y with these issues and its brand new.

Attachments

• 139724986_453716542305546_1097301935610115585_n.jpg
    139724986_453716542305546_1097301935610115585_n.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 485
  • 139672381_3792443917479818_1858126050300519199_n.jpg
    139672381_3792443917479818_1858126050300519199_n.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 886
Last edited:
lol i logged in right during the pandemic started and stayed till the summer and just got back on. scrolled a few pages and thats what yall were talking about.

this jerome powell and janet yellen is a power couple thats gonna marry the printing press. im gonna assume anything WSB touches would moon more so than now.

:lol:

Bless you for shorting.

I been waiting on any type of decent pullback and feel like an idiot sitting on cash

:lol:

Bless you for shorting.

I been waiting on any type of decent pullback and feel like an idiot sitting on cash
first day of the new year? dca? you should still have some exposure. we don't know when the correction is coming. dca, buy quality on red days, and let it ride.

first day of the new year? dca? you should still have some exposure. we don't know when the correction is coming. dca, buy quality on red days, and let it ride.

I absolutely hear you, learned the hard way this last week or two not pulling the trigger on etsy when it was floating around 170

I'm hardly an expert, but, whether you think this market is over valued or not isn't the point. It's what are bond yields? What are other asset prices doing and yields like? The answer is, money continues to flow into equities (yes, because of the Fed in part) so you're going to be short, you may be short for 3 years and I don't think anyone in here has the capital for that.

how you fighting jerome powell and janet yellen with the power of the printing press and the collective of idiots known as wallstreetbets?
Hey :frown:

Jk I only browse that place for lulz. JPow and his money printer will keep equities inflated for a while. Will put stops on everything I have for the day he says the toner cartridge is empty.

Hey :frown:

Jk I only browse that place for lulz. JPow and his money printer will keep equities inflated for a while. Will put stops on everything I have for the day he says the toner cartridge is empty.

im more worried about the printer printing out worthless stuff than it stopping.

Hedge with crypto? Idk enough about that form of currency but I should probably see what else is out there other than btc and ethereum.

well the thing is when the printing presses get activated inflation happens instantly. where it ends up and the after effects of it is the issue. now the place with the least resistance right now and easily accessible by all is the markets. you can churn anything out. this is the only time where ive seen stocks avg 10-15% daily gains like its normal.

im old school and prefer physical gold and silver. its been historically proven and theres instances in history where you can trade an oz of gold for a building due to hyperinflation and needs/wants got flipped. like a story in venezuela someone traded a car for a house.

ive also got about 2% of my portfolio in crypto. i have my issues with certain things about it but the 2% is my hedge in case im wrong about them.

The irony is we’re in a deflationary environment and inflation isn’t increasing while the print. The thing I worry about is stagflation down the road but I like what Biden is focused on and I think we’ll sidestep those issues

Back
Top Bottom