OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I don't know **** about the business except for the appl rumors today ... what brought you to invest?

My buddy was telling us about it. They own a specific band for 5G, which is why the Apple rumors just brought it back to life as supposedly the iPhone 13 will have Satellite service capabilities. He still heavily believes in them, but its had some ups and downs... at one point he was down quite a bit after buying more and then it dropped... but now he's riding high again.

Did a funds transfer to my fidelity account
It showed as a transaction right then and there no money wire or nothing more platforms need to do that
Because waiting 5 days for funds to clear on a platform like webull ain’t the move
Especially if you have a big deposit

Did a funds transfer to my fidelity account
It showed as a transaction right then and there no money wire or nothing more platforms need to do that
Because waiting 5 days for funds to clear on a platform like webull ain’t the move
Especially if you have a big deposit

I can also say I have had this same experience with Etrade. Able to trade right away

FA1F1EA3-A2EF-4E89-838D-0BD67A2F5D61.jpeg

The index will always win at some point. For those who don't live this stuff, it really is the best option possible can't say it enough times. Everyone's an alpha generating genius until they're not.

SHould I buy LULU or Nike tomorrow?
an index fund and this is why
FA1F1EA3-A2EF-4E89-838D-0BD67A2F5D61.jpeg

The index will always win at some point. For those who don't live this stuff, it really is the best option possible can't say it enough times. Everyone's an alpha generating genius until they're not.
Been busting my *** and have some great winners and I’m only up 24.59%. At the very least it’s probably best to own an index fund in addition to kind of beta balance.

GME has my portfolio up 95% YTD. Without that run I'd probably be around the SP500 index. Have had some other good winners but also have some hard losers, YTD wise (PTON was great last year).

I mean the return on the S&P is stupid this year considering what happened last year. Another 20%. Next year and the year after we’ll probably return to the normal 8% or even more anemic returns to make up for these obscene runs.

It may seem like common sense, but look at what each fund consists of. You may already own bits and pieces of apple or google from the index funds, so maybe try not to buy that stock individually. Diversify, as they say. GME joined the Russell 1000 I believe in june.
——
im up 22% for the year with a mix of sp500/sp400/Russell 1000/us reit index funds.
Last month alone, each one seemed to vary between 1.7-3% growth. I use mine more for the tax benefits/savings. Even if I lose money, the tax deductions tend to balance it all out.
I posted about it before but in 18 or 19, my overall portfolio was down 15-25%. Last years performance with this years is +40%. Kind of unheard of. I’m actually making some money for retirement now. 20 alone was +13%. January to April had huge declines obviously.

edit: 2019 had +25% growth.
combine 19 with 20 and the 9 months so far and my index funds based growth is a slow +65% lol. I know people like their 300-400% overnight gains.

Last edited:
It may seem like common sense, but look at what each fund consists of. You may already own bits and pieces of apple or google from the index funds, so maybe try not to buy that stock individually. Diversify, as they say. GME joined the Russell 1000 I believe in june.
——
im up 22% for the year with a mix of sp500/sp400/Russell 1000/us reit index funds.
Last month alone, each one seemed to vary between 1.7-3% growth. I use mine more for the tax benefits/savings. Even if I lose money, the tax deductions tend to balance it all out.
I posted about it before but in 18 or 19, my overall portfolio was down 15-25%. Last years performance with this years is +40%. Kind of unheard of. I’m actually making some money for retirement now. 20 alone was +13%. January to April had huge declines obviously.

edit: 2019 had +25% growth.
combine 19 with 20 and the 9 months so far and my index funds based growth is a slow +65% lol. I know people like their 300-400% overnight gains.
Yup, that's why my 401k is all indexed along with the fact that its cheap. Its a hedge against me whipping it around in the PA

I think it's good to balance it, own some individual names, an index fund, intl fund, some etfs etc.
ironically my PA is balls to the wall lol but the custodial is a combo of mid cap growth stocks I like, a little FAANG, a couple of small cap stocks, dividend etf, arkg, intl and index funds.

then there's crypto too, everyone should own a little crypto.

Back
Top Bottom