OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

This is a great thread. Never saw it on NT before. I'm looking at cashing out my google and herbalife stock wince it's been rising for a while now. I'm here to give my advice and ask for it... Sweet

Originally Posted by ii2cky

hope some of yall took aapl and ffiv into earnings, made 2gs just now

I got shares wrapped up in aapl. made some good money over the last few years. just trying to diversify

what's a good amount of money to start out with? $500? $1000? I've always wanted to get into stocks but it just seemed so confusing to me. I was thinking about going to a local scottrade or something and just talk to one of their agents on advice or whatever.

Originally Posted by minus28

I got shares wrapped up in aapl. made some good money over the last few years. just trying to diversify
cant stop wont stop!

its probbly a good time to pick up more goog right now as it's in a great price right now

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

what's a good amount of money to start out with? $500? $1000? I've always wanted to get into stocks but it just seemed so confusing to me. I was thinking about going to a local scottrade or something and just talk to one of their agents on advice or whatever.

That is probably the last thing you want to do.

I want to enter too but idk whats a good amount and if i shoud buy certain stocks that will do good ala nike, ralph lauren and other stuff. Anyone recommend a book?

Originally Posted by minus28

cant stop wont stop!

its probbly a good time to pick up more goog right now as it's in a great price right now

But what's google's growth rate @ the moment?

I have $5k that I want to invest (Short-Term).  What do you think the return % would be over lets say, the next 6 months?

Question for those who have experience trading options, do you run into the problem of not being able to sell an option that is in the money when it is close to expiration, since options trade so thinly?

anyone with vanguard funds? just signed up and have about 15k to play with. been researching the different options but just saw this thread right now, if anyone has some suggestions i'm grateful for any advice. i'll be looking through this thread.

Originally Posted by presequel

anyone with vanguard funds? just signed up and have about 15k to play with. been researching the different options but just saw this thread right now, if anyone has some suggestions i'm grateful for any advice. i'll be looking through this thread.

Don't own any myself but I know Vanguard funds are great, they have extremely low maintenance fees.  They got about 20 funds on Money magazine's top 70 funds list.  If you're younger look at creating a Vanguard portfolio like:

40 percent large cap
10 percent midcap
10 percent small-cap
15 percent international
5 percent emerging markets
10 percent short term bonds
10 percent intermediate term bonds.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Question for those who have experience trading options, do you run into the problem of not being able to sell an option that is in the money when it is close to expiration, since options trade so thinly?

Ive traded both ITM and way OTM options near and far from expiration without ever having a liquidity/market issue. Did you run into something?

Anyone else think that there are a lot of good buying opportunities right now?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom