OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Apple on the bad tape 
pimp.gif

AOL 
eek.gif
sold patents to microsoft for around a billion they said

I thought i was doing it.....picked up TranS1 yesterday (TSON) up 11.4% today, until i saw AOL

Just bought 1 May 2012 DXPE 45 call at a strike price of $2.00. Total trade was $214.95. Starting small.

+0.15% on a day like today is good enough for me. Big winner was IGTE. Big loser was DXPE. But the drop let me get into the options contract at a lower entry point. I obviously think it will rebound strong. I'm looking to move about half my position in IGTE to limit my technology exposure. Not at my price target yet.

You guys into ETFs? Thinking about possibly grabbing FAZ since it looks like financials may go lower. I gotta check out some charts on my computer first though.

I need to find a good ETF ... any suggestions ?
apple wont be going down for a long while. They have the iphone 5 coming out in september, so in the mean time i am expecting a lot of advertising for the iphone 5 and maybe even pre-orders.

FAZ and FAS should be utilized as a hedge and in very short time horizons due to their leverage/volatility...IMO at least.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You guys into ETFs? Thinking about possibly grabbing FAZ since it looks like financials may go lower. I gotta check out some charts on my computer first though.

Absolutely not. FAZ and FAS are 3x leveraged. They should only be used to day trade. Holding overnight is beyond stupid.

The gambler in me wants to buy weekly puts for GOOG in anticipation of earnings. I'm probably not going to do it and then it ends up being a huge winner. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

The gambler in me wants to buy weekly puts for GOOG in anticipation of earnings. I'm probably not going to do it and then it ends up being a huge winner. 
grin.gif

Those would be some expensive puts. Why so bearish on GOOG? I don't see it dropping enough to be worth the put. 

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Do you know what you are doing?
laugh.gif

I remember people in my finance class in college were going long on these 3x levered ETFs
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I know you don't long triple levered ETFs (not really into longing any of them for that matter), but it could be a solid day trade/hedge if bought at the right time.

VIX is getting close to 20. This earnings season should be interesting. Looking forward to see how some of these companies guide the rest of the year.

DXPE is getting hammered on zero news. Was down 8.12%. Now down 7.7%. Someone dumped 66k shares this morning which triggered a big downturn. I added two more May 45 calls at 1.10 each. Average cost now $1.30 for the three contracts.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

DXPE is getting hammered on zero news. Was down 8.12%. Now down 7.7%. Someone dumped 66k shares this morning which triggered a big downturn. I added two more May 45 calls at 1.10 each. Average cost now $1.30 for the three contracts.

It's funny how NT is for me now....I saw that this morning and immediately thought of you and your Call purchases.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

It's funny how NT is for me now....I saw that this morning and immediately thought of you and your Call purchases.

The risk of trading small caps. I'm still bullish. I don't see a reason for me not to. Although it is hard to stomach a >10% loss in just three days.

I hear ya - one of my clients is strictly a small cap long/short fund whose return has been steady over the course of their inception (almost 10 years) at almost 300%.

The person(s) who sold off were probably going to use the funds for tax time.
laugh.gif

I hear ya - one of my clients is strictly a small cap long/short fund whose return has been steady over the course of their inception (almost 10 years) at almost 300%.

laugh.gif

What do you do?

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Spain and Portugal are destroying the markets....Seriously Europe needs to come up with some solutions!
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]They'll probably come up with some short term solutions to stall the process, much like how they've been doing with Greece (pumping air into a lifeless body) but a long term solution? Don't see that happening. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]One by one... [/color]
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Exactly man. No reason at all. Unless somebody knows something the rest of us don't. But based on volume outside of that one trade, I think I'm okay. Hell, I'm still well in the green for my long shares. If I lose out on these calls, so be it.

Back
Top Bottom