OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I think you'll see it rebound nicely by early this week. There hasn't been an earnings sell off quite like this in the past to compare it to though. So who knows.

I think you'll see it rebound nicely by early this week. There hasn't been an earnings sell off quite like this in the past to compare it to though. So who knows.

Perhaps the institutions are moving money to others in the group like TZOO, EXPE, and the recent KYAK IPO. We shall see, I thought PCLN was overpriced for quite some time but no way did I see this drop.

Last edited:
Priceline's drop was a little overdone in the long-term. We shall see though.

My dog CLWR has been :wow: lately.

Market in general feels really weird right now.

Perhaps the institutions are moving money to others in the group like TZOO, EXPE, and the recent KYAK IPO. We shall see, I thought PCLN was overpriced for quite some time but no way did I see this drop.
I don't follow it all that closely, but it seems fairly valued based on fundamentals. It's been a summer for overly exaggerated selloffs following poor earnings outlooks.

Look at PCLN. They lose almost 6B in one day. More than 17% of their market cap. Why? Because they guided below expectations for the September quarter. How much lower? Between 5.6 and 13.4 percent. They just beat July earnings by 6.7%. Euro doom and gloom won't last forever. That's an unfair beat down if you ask me. Even if the economic conditions in Europe extend beyond the September quarter.

What up guys, haven't been in this thread since the move. A few months ago I posted about Sprint being $2.74. I was purchased based on the 52 week high from the previous year. It's not as high as it was last year this time but it is currently $4.61. I was tempted to sell last week because I thought it was going to start dropping but it did the opposite. Does anyone have any advice on when I should sell? If I should even sell.

My goal was really to make some quick money over a few months. Got school coming up in December and I wanna get the most post possible to cover some expenses/help my savings.

:nerd:

Last edited:
I did...and won't be doing the next one. Didn't care for the system of marketwatch especially without options usage.

What up guys, haven't been in this thread since the move. A few months ago I posted about Sprint being $2.74. I was purchased based on the 52 week high from the previous year. It's not as high as it was last year this time but it is currently $4.61. I was tempted to sell last week because I thought it was going to start dropping but it did the opposite. Does anyone have any advice on when I should sell? If I should even sell.
My goal was really to make some quick money over a few months. Got school coming up in December and I wanna get the most post possible to cover some expenses/help my savings.

:nerd:

It's attempting to fill the gap from late July 2011. It may or may not happen. Watch if there's volume to the upside.

Not sure...from an admin perspective I couldnt change the games PW either so a bunch of people joined late/weren't invited.

I'm also in a promotion year so I'm busier than I am usually so Id rather not lead.

Yeah I won't have much time to devote to this either. But if the newbies are hungry, they will put it together. :tongue:

Last edited:

It's attempting to fill the gap from late July 2011. It may or may not happen. Watch if there's volume to the upside.

Today's high so far is $4.96. I'm hoping it crosses the $5 mark soon so I can back out. I know for sure next year I'm investing half of my income tax.

Back
Top Bottom