OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Yeah, they saw a huge pop today.

I was high on S for other reasons, so the unexpected deal talk with Softbank was :smokin

where can i sell my shares from an esop..apparently at this old job i worked they gave me shares, it says

vested interest at 100% $6,676.59

fair value per share at 12/31/2011 $1.14

cost basis of shares $7,001.18

normal retirement date 12/1*****51

i have no clue what any of this means..if someone could explain this to me i would appreciate it.

where can i sell my shares from an esop..apparently at this old job i worked they gave me shares, it says

vested interest at 100% $6,676.59

fair value per share at 12/31/2011 $1.14

cost basis of shares $7,001.18

normal retirement date 12/1*****51

i have no clue what any of this means..if someone could explain this to me i would appreciate it.
you have to get the shares transfered from the transfer agent (likely computer share) have the stock transfered into a brokerage account in your name.  From there you can choose to sell them if you feel or just hold them in stock form.

im bullish on BIDU.

bouncing off 52week lows, looks like strong support at 104 level. its been beaten up by analyst downgrades but fundamentals say otherwise. strong revenue growth, low debtequity, large chunk of china websearch marketshare (think google), analysts cite their reasoning due to increased growth of a rival search provider company and BIDU's inability to expand into social media and other avenues. but again, if u take a look at their annual report, nothing but solid numbers across the board, and they are on a pretty long streak of beating earnings estimates. extremely underalued imo :smokin

disclaimer: i hold a tiny position @ $109, and plan on adding more in the near future :smokin

Last edited:
Google was apparently warning analysts of weaker than expected earnings. Just another day on Wall St.

^
Whatever your reason is, whether it be price to earnings, or whatever BS you think, it's liquidity and price of a stock that pays!

It has nothing to do w/ earnings. But I must say, if your Ks and Qs don't look good, then your stock's price would reflect that. And you WILL NOT be the first one to capitalize it on any way, shape or form.

AAPL and GOOG declining HAS NOTHING to do w/ their flawed icrap5 or missed earnings, or leakage. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! PERIOD !

NEWS reacts to STOCKS. STOCKS DO NOT REACT to NEWS.

Think about it.

^
Whatever your reason is, whether it be price to earnings, or whatever BS you think, it's liquidity and price of a stock that pays!
It has nothing to do w/ earnings. But I must say, if your Ks and Qs don't look good, then your stock's price would reflect that. And you WILL NOT be the first one to capitalize it on any way, shape or form.
AAPL and GOOG declining HAS NOTHING to do w/ their flawed icrap5 or missed earnings, or leakage. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! PERIOD !
Think about it.

No.

Any market is governed by the law of supply and demand. Supply and demand is governed by the decisions of the consumer base (investors...or speculators, if you will). Consumers react to news. News is the driving force behind supply and demand in the market, which governs the price of stocks.

Obviously investing overall is a bit more complex, but to say news reacts to stocks is false. The markets are always at the mercy of the psyche of the investors, and news influences investors greatly.

Last edited:
Ahh, what pain for me. I'm selling stocks and increasing my cash position now. The last 3 years was a nice run. I'm out. :smh:
2 earnings misses in one day for me, PM and CMG.

Don't be discouraged. Has happened to many. Set your stops. Be disciplined. Don't hold through earnings. Grab some options contracts if you feel lucky, that way you define your risk.

No.
Any market is governed by the law of supply and demand. Supply and demand is governed by the decisions of the consumer base (investors...or speculators, if you will). Consumers react to news. News is the driving force behind supply and demand in the market, which governs the price of stocks.
Obviously investing overall is a bit more complex, but to say news reacts to stocks is false. The markets are always at the mercy of the psyche of the investors, and news influences investors greatly.
RF isn't worth responding to. He posts this nonsense incessantly. There's never any substance to anything he posts.

^
Think about it.

goes both ways

I hope CMG misses next quarter too...It's finally starting to get to a reasonable PEG ratio.

I'm very intrigued to see what the market action is tomorrow on it.

I truly believe it has the potential to be one of the best stocks of the next 10-20 years, what with it having tons of room to run in the US and just starting its foray into doing business overseas.

However, I still don't want to overpay for it.

What do you guys think about the fiscal cliff? Will politicians let it happen resulting in a freefall on the market , like last year when debt limit had to be raised. Or will they act in time?

Fiscal cliff will happen, then after the elections and into next year they'll extend it while applying it retroactively.

In what regard do you view a similiarity between Chipotle and Netflix? Or are you saying from the fact both dropped steeply?

Netflix had quite a few business blunders that I'm not aware of with Chipotle....

Fiscal cliff will happen, then after the elections and into next year they'll extend it while applying it retroactively.
In what regard do you view a similiarity between Chipotle and Netflix? Or are you saying from the fact both dropped steeply?
Netflix had quite a few business blunders that I'm not aware of with Chipotle....

The latter, both dropped the same way.

moved alot to cash late in the summer. had a feeling things would go this way. aside from a few long term plays and a few losses i just cant accept, im all cash. laying and wait

Back
Top Bottom