OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Selling and still selling. Amazing!

Now the move south looked different, and not swift or panic, but this will definitely be the 'talk'. Retracement or trend change? LOLZ Volatility knocking?

I've said before, I don't call tops, I don't call bottoms. I trade within context. Market could rally strong, market could tank further. I WILL NOT COMMIT to any other side.

Laters.

I got drafted into a market watch competition at my job, and I'm not that aware of the market, are you guise willing to school a rookie? Its going to be a million in cash and a million on margin.

I got drafted into a market watch competition at my job, and I'm not that aware of the market, are you guise willing to school a rookie? Its going to be a million in cash and a million on margin.

What is the time frame? And I am assuming the rules are no options or penny stocks?

What is the time frame? And I am assuming the rules are no options or penny stocks?
I dont have the full set of rules yet, but we got to ask some questions, theyre still 50/50 on whether options will be allowed because they let it happen last year and people got mad about it, didnt even think to ask about penny stocks will ask tomorrow. Time frame is 8 weeks, people are taking this really seriously and I'm the new guy so I dont want to be dead weight.

I dont have the full set of rules yet, but we got to ask some questions, theyre still 50/50 on whether options will be allowed because they let it happen last year and people got mad about it, didnt even think to ask about penny stocks will ask tomorrow. Time frame is 8 weeks, people are taking this really seriously and I'm the new guy so I dont want to be dead weight.

What job is this? is there a prize or is this for bragging rights?

I'm an investment support analyst (Who knows nothing about securities lol). There is a prize, but they wont tell us what it is, because "If we know what the prize is, it will promote unfair play" I'm assuming its vacation time, people kill for that at my job.

I'm an investment support analyst (Who knows nothing about securities lol). There is a prize, but they wont tell us what it is, because "If we know what the prize is, it will promote unfair play" I'm assuming its vacation time, people kill for that at my job.

I have been in invested in Foot Locker (FL) for a couple months and it has been good to me. I am assuming that in the 8 weeks period, FL will report earnings for Q3 and i am expecting great results. My personal view.

Selling and still selling. Amazing!
Now the move south looked different, and not swift or panic, but this will definitely be the 'talk'. Retracement or trend change? LOLZ Volatility knocking?
I've said before, I don't call tops, I don't call bottoms. I trade within context. Market could rally strong, market could tank further. I WILL NOT COMMIT to any other side.
Laters.

Read her like a book. SELLING AND SELLING.. lolz

I have been in invested in Foot Locker (FL) for a couple months and it has been good to me. I am assuming that in the 8 weeks period, FL will report earnings for Q3 and i am expecting great results. My personal view.

earnings doesn't move price
price moves earnings

if u have profits. book it.

earnings doesn't move price
price moves earnings

if u have profits. book it.

Agreed.

When analyzing Cash Flow Statements, what do you look for? What are the important lines to focus on?

Last edited:
Read somewhere that google might be a better buy than apple from here on out....

Apples expectations are through the ******g roof, while google keeps innovating in the backround in a market they dominate.

^Bought AAPL today after selling a couple of weeks ago @680.. Hopefully I made the right decision ha.. What's everyones thoughts on BAC

^Bah oh well.. Had the feeling it would go lower.. Either way I plan on going long... so it'll hopefully have time to rise once again... I'm really torn on wether to drop some dough on bac.... On a different tangent do any of you guys buy physical PM's?

Penny stocks are allowed, the word is options are allowed, but the admin isnt sure. Another million dollars in margin, and calls are allowed as well as selling short. The time period is so short that the advantage goes to people who have the time to day trade I would assume. The prize is a day of paid time off, and bragging rights mostly but I'd like to do halfway decent.

Penny stocks are allowed, the word is options are allowed, but the admin isnt sure. Another million dollars in margin, and calls are allowed as well as selling short. The time period is so short that the advantage goes to people who have the time to day trade I would assume. The prize is a day of paid time off, and bragging rights mostly but I'd like to do halfway decent.

That's smack-dab in the middle of earnings season. Someone is probably going to get lucky with an earnings trade. Day trading is actually much more difficult for beginners and even more advanced traders tend to have trouble managing risks. Take some, give it back. Eight weeks isn't a long time and it really depends how much time you are willing to put in. But If you can trade options, my suggestion is to just trade AAPL and GOOG. Just study and focus on those two then once in a while another stock here and there.

I am going in on KORS. Earning season is coming up and the holiday season will bring the busiest shopping time of the year. They do business in Europe and Japan too. Their business model is "affordable luxury" and their watches are in high demand.

I am also thinking of going very long on WFC (over JPM and BAC). I did some valuation of WFC and it is slightly undervalued.

Back
Top Bottom