OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Been reading up this past week, any personal advice for a new person? Im being as cautious as possible but id love some input

Cash is king. Unemployment is still high and last quarter GDP declined. Coupled with the Dow at 14,000 and I don't see reasons to commit money to the market. The game is to buy low and sell high.

You can buy high and sell higher, it carries more risk though. I don't see the upside justifying the risk. If you do buy stocks, I would stick to names that do well in a bad economy like tobacco (PM), fast food(MCD), and alcohol (DEO) Lately these stocks have been rallying hard and I think it probably has to do with future expectations.

Sometimes buy high sell higher works, sometimes buy low and sell high works. It's all relative to the situation and what "high" is. So there's no real rule in that regard. Cheap stocks can get cheaper, expensive stocks can get more expensive.

Overall market is not going down until the financials do, namely GS IMO. We might see a "rip your face off rally" just to decimate all the bears.

Last edited:
Don't know if any OG folks are still around, but did anyone ever buy LVS when I was pushing it hard back in the day?

Can anyone tell me what the dif is between buying on market, market on close, limit, stop on quote, stop limit on quote, trailing stop etc.?

thanks

Buying on market you're paying whatever the price is the moment your order can be filled, at close you're paying whatever the stock closes at, limit is when you set a price and when the stock hits that price your shares are automatically purchased.

Going over some charts tonight... thought I'd share this one

Aeropostale (NYSE: ARO) - bullish on this stock. It is trying to breakout of a falling wedge pattern. The MACD looks like it wants to curl up. The 50ma is flattening out and wants to turn up. The 200ma is not far behind. I recommend waiting for another close above 13.66 and until earnings are reported on March 14 before entering a long position. There is a nice big gap to fill from August. Target 1 is 14.60s. Target 2 is 15.70s. Target 3 is 19.30s gap fill. Stop can be placed near 13. Time frame 4-8 weeks.

Celsion Corp. (NASD: CLSN) SPEC PLAY. This stock looks like it is forming a "U" shaped recovery. Buying volume has been expanding over the last three trading sessions. MACD is positive and heading up. RSI is no longer oversold. 200ma is flattening out. Historical resistance in the 1.60s-1.70s zone. If this stock can get above the 1.70s, then it can easily hit 2. Target 1 is 1.30. Target 2 is 1.40. Target 3 is lotto - move up stop and let it ride! Stop can be placed just under 1.04. Very solid risk vs reward.

Newbie here... I'm about to sell my car and use part of the proceeds to invest in stocks. Aside from this thread and the O'Neil book, any other websites any of you can recommend to research?

Do you want to invest or trade?

What are your goals? What do you want to accomplish?

These answers will help us guide you better..

Last edited:
Anyone get in JOEZ? Nice 10%+ gain in a couple days..

CLSN not much movement yet.. this thing needs a catalyst imo

i just go by learning how he reads the charts. i have never followed in on any of his trades except for apple i guess but was more trading because it's apple and not because he said so.

Comstock Mining Inc. (AMEX: LODE) long over 2.20..

Polymet Mining Corp. (AMEX: PLM) long over 1.25..

ServiceSource International Inc. (NASD: SREV) long over 6.75..

Manitex International Inc. (NASD: MNTX) 11.85 trigger.. 11.95 breakout also 52 week high..

Meru Networks Inc. (NASD: MERU) 6.50 trigger.. 6.60 breakout also 52 week high..

Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) long on close over 71

VISA Inc. (NYSE: V) long on close over 161.60

MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) long on close over 13.24 trigger

Back
Top Bottom