OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

citi is under alot of scrunity.
vikram needs to go teach instead of leading a company. PhD don't belong leading companies unless its a tech/pharma/anything scientific.
i understand the market situations and environment have taken advantage, but for such a big commercial bank (essential what Citi is, since there InvestmentBanking divisions are basically subpar), they should be in a much better standpoint.

ill post the bank stocks i like probably by week end.

what is everyones background in here?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

wow... $1 range is far from my 2.50/share

i personally stay away from bank stocks BUT i did happen to get into BAC around the $6/share and sold recently when it hit $11/share

-J23C

I'm in BAC right now. Holding for the long term though.

i only sold because i had to (tuition payments are a b...)

if i was to get into BAC, i would only do it for the long run...after they repay their TARP money including interest, i see this stock hitting or at leastcoming close to the 52 week high

-J23C

ok so im using moving averages on scottrade but where do i find the average number? i cant seem to find it anywhere

MTMC
eek.gif

wish i was able to day trade....

-J23C

I need to graduate and get the nice job with bonuses so i can start day trading.

My fundamental stocks are looking fine, but dudes talking about $23k in a day so casually. I'd be M5 or CLS status in a year easily.

^Call your broker and ask them. I believe with Scottrade, you can do 3 day trades in 5 business days. I'm not sure if thats true with other brokers.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

^Call your broker and ask them. I believe with Scottrade, you can do 3 day trades in 5 business days. I'm not sure if thats true with other brokers.

You answered my question which I edited, but thanks man. It was a question I should have made an effort to answer on my own.
laugh.gif

PDT is a rule set up by SEC and not a particular broker:

Pattern day trader is a term defined by Securities and Exchange Commission to describe a trader who executes 4 (or more) day trades in 5 business days,provided the number of day trades are more than six percent of the customer's total trading activity for that same five-day period. As the trader isexposed to the danger of day trading and intraday risks, it is subject to specific requirements and restrictions.

that darn MTMC

i saw that LilChico was in it, i saw that it was already up to around 3.20/share, thought i would have missed the gains...too bad i didnt get into it and makesome decent $ for the day.

-J23C

MTMC was halted on pending news. This can cause it to go either way. I've got my stop loss set in case it goes down. Got to lock in at least $20K profit.

wow. mtmc was on fire today.
wish i would have known.
gotta figure out a way to get NT at the job lol.

what made them go up so much today? i haven't read any of the news yet.
cliff notes?

MTMC had two stories come in through my newsfeed yesterday:

First the story affecting fundamentals -

6/24/09 Mobile Armor Attains Multi-Million Dollar Enterprise-Wide Award to Provide U.S. Department of Navy Data at Rest

MTMC - MTM Technologies, Inc.

Mobile Armor to provide its centralized policy management and data protection solutions, including maintenance, training and other support programs

ST. LOUIS , June 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Armor, Inc. , the technology leader in mobile data protection for the U.S. Government contracting with MTM Technologies, Inc. , today announced that the company's data security software has been selected by the U.S. Department of Navy to protect its data at rest. Under this enterprise-wide contract, Mobile Armor will provide its centralized policy management and data protection solutions. The agreement also includes maintenance, training and other support programs.

Beginning with this award and selection by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Data-at-Rest Tiger Team (DARTT) - Mobile Armor has met or exceeded the rigorous requirements of those set by the U.S. Government for data protection. Using this exacting standard, the U.S. Navy conducted a thorough review of the approved vendor products. Their conclusion clearly identified Mobile Armor to be the number one choice for data-at-rest protection for all U.S. Navy personally-identifiable information (PII) and other types of sensitive DAR on mobile computing devices and portable storage media.

"Mobile Armor recognizes the significance of achieving this award and we take great pride in being selected to protect our nation's most sensitive data while our Navy's war fighters protect our nation," said Chand Vyas , chairman and CEO of Mobile Armor. "Today's announcement once again reinforces the fact that we are an emerging leader in data security technology," continued Vyas.

"The potential value Mobile Armor can expect over time across all product lines could exceed $40+ million dollars," said Steve Stringer , president and CEO of MTM Technologies . "That demonstrates the scope of securing cyberspace as it continues to expand at exponential growth while facing the challenges and threats within. MTM Technologies offers a complete solution of technologies that meet that growing challenge, including Mobile Armor's data-at-rest suite--all the tools we believe necessary to meet evolving data security requirements in commercial, education, government or military sectors."

Purchase of Mobile Armor's DoN-wide BPA N00104-09-A-ZF30 approved data security solutions can be made through the authorized reseller MTM Technologies under the United States General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule contract, number GS-35F-0225T.

About Mobile Armor
Mobile Armor, Inc. , is an innovator and a visionary leader in data protection technology, headquartered in St Louis, Missouri . Mobile Armor is an American company that provides domestically developed trusted data security solutions to commercial and government organizations. Notable customers include the U.S. Army , U.S. Navy , civilian agencies and customers in healthcare and financial services verticals. Mobile Armor offers a solution that provides centralized management of all mobile devices, including desktops, laptops, PDAs, smart phones, and removable drives (including thumb drives). The company is a recipient of the coveted DoD Data at Rest Tiger Team award for its data encryption products. Mobile Armor technology is certified to meet the standards and guidelines for security set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Additional information regarding Mobile Armor can be found at www.mobilearmor.com.

About MTM Technologies
MTM Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTMC) is a leading national provider of innovative IT solutions and services to Global 2000 and mid-size companies. Partnered with industry-leading technology providers such as Cisco, Citrix , Microsoft , HP, Sun Microsystems , and EMC, MTM Technologies' practice areas include access infrastructure, IP telephony, enterprise storage, security and network and systems infrastructure. Service areas include managed services, consulting, professional IT staffing and implementation. For more information, visit www.mtm.com.

And then for the technicals -

6/24/09 The following is an investment opinion release issued by Pennystockchaser.com

Also News Release (U-MTMC) MTM TECHNOLOGIES INC
Also News Release (U-SRI) STONERIDGE INC
Also News Release (U-AM) AMERICAN GREETING CORP
Also News Release (U-SNDA) SHENDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Also News Release (U-ARWR) ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP

NEWARD, DE, June 24 /PRNewswire/ - Pennystockchaser.com is pleased to profile promising special situation stocks which have a high potential for price appreciation. These companies have interesting business models and they have to execute on the business development level to bring value to shareholders. To view some of profiled stocks, please visit the following link: http://www.pennystockchaser.com.
Today Pennystockchaser.com initiated coverage on the following special situation companies:

MTM Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:MTMC) up 158% trading at $3.63
Sector: Technologies, Industry: IT Services & Consulting

Stoneridge Inc. (NYSE: SRI) up at 33% trading at $4.50
Sector: Conglomerate, Industry: Industrial

American Greetings Inc. (NYSE:AM) up 40% trading at $8.92
Sector: Conglomerate, Industry Consumer Products

Shanda Interactive Entertainment Limited (NASDAQ:SNDA) up 9% trading at
$55.42
Sector: Software, Industry: Electronics Games

Arrowhead Research Corp (NASDAQ:ARWR) up35% trading at $0.54
Sector: Healthcare, Industry: Biotechnology

About PennyStockChaser.com

PennyStockChaser.com is a leading stock website that provides free daily alerts on stocks that are moving up. PennyStockChaser.com also tracks small cap stocks that are on the brink of exploding. We also feature companies on our website with research report, analysis, and newsletters. To feature a company on our web site please contacts us at [email protected]
PennyStockChaser.com is an independent electronic publication that provides information on selected publicly traded companies. PennyStockChaser.com is not a registered investment advisor or broker-dealer. PennyStockChaser.com's affiliates, officers, directors and employees may buy and sell shares in any company mentioned herein and may profit in the event those shares rise in value. Please do your own Due Diligence before investing in any of the stocks mentioned above.

Mike Jacob of PennyStockChaser.com is a member of the National
Association of Securities Dealers , CRD number 1818665.

For further information, please contact:
PennyStockChaser Editorial Staff
Email: [email protected]
http://www.pennystockchaser.com

What some of you need to realize is all these pennystocks rise off shady companies that pump their stock upwards with newsletters, emails or other forms ofcommunication. I don't suggest trading them for everyone because, as the MTMC chart will show, they're highly volatile. However those who learn to playthem, can and will make bank. When I trade these, I wait for them to show up through my volume screener because I won't touch something that's illiquid(I stick to only the stocks with the heaviest volume due to activity). Once a company like MTMC pops up (and with the high volume it had today, it did),I'll usually try to catch the pump and find shares to short for the dump (unless for some reason they're easy to find). Playing both sides allows me tocapitalize because many of these companies find their way down after rocketing up. I caught some of this movement but not all, it's difficult pinning downtops and bottoms of these movements and I'd rather take a good percentage return and be done then get greedy. Never get greedy because it can turn a profitinto a loss.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

MTMC had two stories come in through my newsfeed yesterday:

First the story affecting fundamentals -

6/24/09 Mobile Armor Attains Multi-Million Dollar Enterprise-Wide Award to Provide U.S. Department of Navy Data at Rest

MTMC - MTM Technologies, Inc.

Mobile Armor to provide its centralized policy management and data protection solutions, including maintenance, training and other support programs

ST. LOUIS , June 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Armor, Inc. , the technology leader in mobile data protection for the U.S. Government contracting with MTM Technologies, Inc. , today announced that the company's data security software has been selected by the U.S. Department of Navy to protect its data at rest. Under this enterprise-wide contract, Mobile Armor will provide its centralized policy management and data protection solutions. The agreement also includes maintenance, training and other support programs.

Beginning with this award and selection by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Data-at-Rest Tiger Team (DARTT) - Mobile Armor has met or exceeded the rigorous requirements of those set by the U.S. Government for data protection. Using this exacting standard, the U.S. Navy conducted a thorough review of the approved vendor products. Their conclusion clearly identified Mobile Armor to be the number one choice for data-at-rest protection for all U.S. Navy personally-identifiable information (PII) and other types of sensitive DAR on mobile computing devices and portable storage media.

"Mobile Armor recognizes the significance of achieving this award and we take great pride in being selected to protect our nation's most sensitive data while our Navy's war fighters protect our nation," said Chand Vyas , chairman and CEO of Mobile Armor. "Today's announcement once again reinforces the fact that we are an emerging leader in data security technology," continued Vyas.

"The potential value Mobile Armor can expect over time across all product lines could exceed $40+ million dollars," said Steve Stringer , president and CEO of MTM Technologies . "That demonstrates the scope of securing cyberspace as it continues to expand at exponential growth while facing the challenges and threats within. MTM Technologies offers a complete solution of technologies that meet that growing challenge, including Mobile Armor's data-at-rest suite--all the tools we believe necessary to meet evolving data security requirements in commercial, education, government or military sectors."

Purchase of Mobile Armor's DoN-wide BPA N00104-09-A-ZF30 approved data security solutions can be made through the authorized reseller MTM Technologies under the United States General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule contract, number GS-35F-0225T.

About Mobile Armor
Mobile Armor, Inc. , is an innovator and a visionary leader in data protection technology, headquartered in St Louis, Missouri . Mobile Armor is an American company that provides domestically developed trusted data security solutions to commercial and government organizations. Notable customers include the U.S. Army , U.S. Navy , civilian agencies and customers in healthcare and financial services verticals. Mobile Armor offers a solution that provides centralized management of all mobile devices, including desktops, laptops, PDAs, smart phones, and removable drives (including thumb drives). The company is a recipient of the coveted DoD Data at Rest Tiger Team award for its data encryption products. Mobile Armor technology is certified to meet the standards and guidelines for security set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Additional information regarding Mobile Armor can be found at www.mobilearmor.com.

About MTM Technologies
MTM Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTMC) is a leading national provider of innovative IT solutions and services to Global 2000 and mid-size companies. Partnered with industry-leading technology providers such as Cisco, Citrix , Microsoft , HP, Sun Microsystems , and EMC, MTM Technologies' practice areas include access infrastructure, IP telephony, enterprise storage, security and network and systems infrastructure. Service areas include managed services, consulting, professional IT staffing and implementation. For more information, visit www.mtm.com.

And then for the technicals -

6/24/09 The following is an investment opinion release issued by Pennystockchaser.com

Also News Release (U-MTMC) MTM TECHNOLOGIES INC
Also News Release (U-SRI) STONERIDGE INC
Also News Release (U-AM) AMERICAN GREETING CORP
Also News Release (U-SNDA) SHENDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Also News Release (U-ARWR) ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP

NEWARD, DE, June 24 /PRNewswire/ - Pennystockchaser.com is pleased to profile promising special situation stocks which have a high potential for price appreciation. These companies have interesting business models and they have to execute on the business development level to bring value to shareholders. To view some of profiled stocks, please visit the following link: http://www.pennystockchaser.com.
Today Pennystockchaser.com initiated coverage on the following special situation companies:

MTM Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:MTMC) up 158% trading at $3.63
Sector: Technologies, Industry: IT Services & Consulting

Stoneridge Inc. (NYSE: SRI) up at 33% trading at $4.50
Sector: Conglomerate, Industry: Industrial

American Greetings Inc. (NYSE:AM) up 40% trading at $8.92
Sector: Conglomerate, Industry Consumer Products

Shanda Interactive Entertainment Limited (NASDAQ:SNDA) up 9% trading at
$55.42
Sector: Software, Industry: Electronics Games

Arrowhead Research Corp (NASDAQ:ARWR) up35% trading at $0.54
Sector: Healthcare, Industry: Biotechnology

About PennyStockChaser.com

PennyStockChaser.com is a leading stock website that provides free daily alerts on stocks that are moving up. PennyStockChaser.com also tracks small cap stocks that are on the brink of exploding. We also feature companies on our website with research report, analysis, and newsletters. To feature a company on our web site please contacts us at [email protected]
PennyStockChaser.com is an independent electronic publication that provides information on selected publicly traded companies. PennyStockChaser.com is not a registered investment advisor or broker-dealer. PennyStockChaser.com's affiliates, officers, directors and employees may buy and sell shares in any company mentioned herein and may profit in the event those shares rise in value. Please do your own Due Diligence before investing in any of the stocks mentioned above.

Mike Jacob of PennyStockChaser.com is a member of the National
Association of Securities Dealers , CRD number 1818665.

For further information, please contact:
PennyStockChaser Editorial Staff
Email: [email protected]
http://www.pennystockchaser.com

What some of you need to realize is all these pennystocks rise off shady companies that pump their stock upwards with newsletters, emails or other forms of communication. I don't suggest trading them for everyone because, as the MTMC chart will show, they're highly volatile. However those who learn to play them, can and will make bank. When I trade these, I wait for them to show up through my volume screener because I won't touch something that's illiquid (I stick to only the stocks with the heaviest volume due to activity). Once a company like MTMC pops up (and with the high volume it had today, it did), I'll usually try to catch the pump and find shares to short for the dump (unless for some reason they're easy to find). Playing both sides allows me to capitalize because many of these companies find their way down after rocketing up. I caught some of this movement but not all, it's difficult pinning down tops and bottoms of these movements and I'd rather take a good percentage return and be done then get greedy. Never get greedy because it can turn a profit into a loss.

Good stuff...

well with the internet its easier to manipulate stocks with false info. im thinking about buying either activision or johnson and johnson for long term gottado some more research on em first but i might go short term on activision depending on how it goes in the fall with those hit games coming out.

i need gold to dip a little bit before i go into NG again. missed the dip this week due to lack of funds in my account or else i wouldve been up 18%

Originally Posted by andycrazn

well with the internet its easier to manipulate stocks with false info. im thinking about buying either activision or johnson and johnson for long term gotta do some more research on em first but i might go short term on activision depending on how it goes in the fall with those hit games coming out.

i need gold to dip a little bit before i go into NG again. missed the dip this week due to lack of funds in my account or else i wouldve been up 18%

I'm hoping ATVI does well. in @ 12.25. they have a slew of games coming out...half of which i will buy
laugh.gif

CTIC is getting me excited again. in around the 1.15 price range...another drug bout to get approval. sometime in the next week or so.

just a waiting game.

andy, gold is killing me!

^ You are gonna have to wait for CNBC to manipulate the public again...financial institutions are screwed.

i think the government owns like 40% or more of citibank...which is killing the stock.

Back
Top Bottom