OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by iEternalv

CTIC is getting me excited again. in around the 1.15 price range...another drug bout to get approval. sometime in the next week or so.

just a waiting game.

andy, gold is killing me!
I'm not seeing any news on any pending drug approval for CTIC. All I'm seeing is that they've completed the submission of the New DrugApplication to the FDA. If granted, CTIC could receive approval in Q4-2009.

Originally Posted by iEternalv

CTIC is getting me excited again. in around the 1.15 price range...another drug bout to get approval. sometime in the next week or so.

just a waiting game.

andy, gold is killing me!
we all know cod is going to be a huge hit so i hope that will spike up the price then sell follow by a possible short.

what gold are you talking about? the gold price as a direct relation with the gold stocks it seems. so dont worry its gonna be good sooner or later.

gold is a solid investment imo and pun intended.
i prefer gold over other "safe" investments like CD's and whatnot because if the inflation rate is 5% and the interest rate on a cd is 3%, notonly are you losing money because of inflation. you are going to be taxed on it. which defeats the whole purpose. i mean i understand if the interest rate is5% while the inflation rate is 3% but still getting taxed on it defeats the whole purpose in investing. i never sold gold before but if i were to, i wouldprobably receive straight cash on it. so yea.......

You can tell a lot just by looking at this chart. If we break support, we're done.

2llgbhk.png

wow I can't believe I missed this thread.
bookmarked
i get my first paycheck on the 1st. about $400 whats a good stockbroker?

dopestop wrote:

i use scottrade...but with only $400 i would save up a couple paychecks before investing. I think with scottrade you need at least $500 in your account tostart doing anything. I would say a good number would be 12-1500 at the least to start. If you go below that a lot of your earnings (if there are any) areeaten up by commissions
Scarface2k1 wrote:

LiLcHiCo4LiFe wrote:

You can tell a lot just by looking at this chart. If we break support, we're done.

2llgbhk.png

what do you use to trade?

that is from freestockcharts.com, i personally love this website, great info and its easy to use

-J23C

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

LiLcHiCo4LiFe wrote:

2llgbhk.png

Yeah, that's from freestockcharts.com. There are several free, informative resources you can learn T/A from. Also check out stockcharts.com and peep theirchart school.

ok so on scottrade theres this thing called scottrade smarttext. its a pretty helpful tool. makes me wonder why the hell do i need to learn all this myself.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

dopestop wrote:

i use scottrade...but with only $400 i would save up a couple paychecks before investing. I think with scottrade you need at least $500 in your account to start doing anything. I would say a good number would be 12-1500 at the least to start. If you go below that a lot of your earnings (if there are any) are eaten up by commissions
Scarface2k1 wrote:

LiLcHiCo4LiFe wrote:

2llgbhk.png

that is from freestockcharts.com, i personally love this website, great info and its easy to use

-J23C

I'm 16 so im broke, and i dont want to spend all of my paycheck (2,100) this summer to gamble it.
I can do around $1000, 500 me 500 my dad..
I will visit scottrade today

Had a GREAT week...came out ahead again. I"ll be scanning for some picks that'll possibly gap up Monday. I'll post over the weekend for thoseinterested. Have a good one gentlemen.

ok ive been constantly reading up on chart patterns, how to use candlestick charts and what not and ive gotten bored of it. does a person have to learn allthese things?

i was on investopedia and i stumbled on this comic that is really funny. i cant believe i bursted out in laughter.

stocksrose_062609.gif

Was gone for three weeks. Back at it. Some plays I'm eyeing for tomorrow.

ALY, ZN, CXM, CPD, URZ, BWEN.

nicefro, im going to check those stocks out tomorrow, thanks for posting.... but those stocks seem to have already had their huge gains, you think they will begoing up like that all the time? i do like aly, but thats only from a quick scan of news and charts..

vred is my pick for the next week or two, should be able to find a couple more picks once the markets open

-J23C

ah i see, i did check all those stocks you gave nicefro, they are all down today. Are you looking at getting in any of them since they are down?

-J23C

Negative.

Only possibly considering ALY, since it dropped to $2 last week when it had been around high 2's, low 3's pretty steadily. If it drops back to $2, itmay be considered.

right, out of all those stocks i liked ALY like i said in my earlier posts...

thanks for your picks though, i will consider ALY and do some more research

-J23C

Originally Posted by andycrazn

ok ive been constantly reading up on chart patterns, how to use candlestick charts and what not and ive gotten bored of it. does a person have to learn all these things?

No. In fact, before you even start making decisions based on technicals, learn the fundamentals. Decisions based on technicals for the most part gets younowhere. It is absolutely crazy that I have yet to see anyone in this entire thread project a firm's free cash flows and discount them.

Read the news, make your projections. Supplement that work with technicals.

I cannot stress that enough.

trying to find another good long term play like DLM. i regret not getting into MSFT when it was floating around 19-20. you guys think windows 7 will be a hit?

last question, earnings for Citi come out on July 17th. This means its gonna drop even more?? Should I just get out now? I bought at 3.50 its now at 3.

Back
Top Bottom