OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Very little I do it sometimes then have the person I pay do the heavy lifting. My goal is not to be the best trader; it's to amass a lot of money in my fund. Also if I employ 10 more people that I pay 5% to on their winning trades I will end up making 1-3MM a month

*Floyd Mayweather voice* Easy work

I want to invest in stocks. Where should I start? Which website should I use and which stocks should I buy?

Looks like I'll be able to breathe easy into the weekend re: my margin supplemented trade in $NUAN. 

I've been watching them since you've been talking then up for some time. Nice run the last few days. The big day is near for you :lol:

Last edited:
How do they do the research though?

I know being a Big 4 auditor has it's perks as we are privy to draft financials ~7-14 days after quarter/year end, which would certainly be a big advantage if you were playing on earnings.

Unless I'm missing something someone please school me :nerd:

Last edited:
You are not missing anything. There is no secrete edge. I simply pay a person who knows a lot about trafing an incentive to research (by any means) technical and financial data about companies and make an educated guess.

He has been wrong. I took a position last week in bidu and was wrong.

How do they do the research though?

I know being a Big 4 auditor has it's perks as we are privy to draft financials ~7-14 days after quarter/year end, which would certainly be a big advantage if you were playing on earnings.

Unless I'm missing something someone please school me :nerd:

Very little I do it sometimes then have the person I pay do the heavy lifting. My goal is not to be the best trader; it's to amass a lot of money in my fund. Also if I employ 10 more people that I pay 5% to on their winning trades I will end up making 1-3MM a month

its funny because I told my friend who is a finance major to research etc... and I will give him some profit. He never got around to it. This year I have been calling a lot of earning correct but never had a call on them.

I cashed out of all my stocks and I will start playing with options

Sold my October AAPL $500 calls. Waiting for a dip to go back in.

Not my pic.

original_14974481.png

Last edited:
I hate working 9-5 so ive slowly cared about stocks lol.

This is how im seeing it as based on my little experience i've had with it so far. Id like to know your opinions on how realistic im looking at these profit margins.

I use some android app to play with stocks with fake money. I start of with 20k.

I start putting 1k each on things the app dev suggests for the day. I see them go up 2 or 3 percent. Leave em on for about a week or two. Add some more. Same thing. Theyre half negative half positive, losing or gaining about 30 40 bucks each. Sell off some cause they were old news anyway. Heard about fb having unexpected earnings. Bought a k the night I heard. Market closed, but I knew it would go up even if it was 4 percent its still an automatic gain. Made ~250$ cause of that crazy spike overnight. Held it for about a couple hours but sold it. Havent been paying attention but I think its still slowly up? Couple days ago sold everything. Was sitting at 19600 lets I dont remember. I read tesla having 8 percent of lux market one night so I bought 19k of it just to see what happens. Id be happy to see 1 percent which I knew that was the bare minimum. It went up 3.someting percent and made like 570$.

I know fb was once in a blue moon and gambling 20k at a time on one thing is ehh but cant I just do this in small doses daily (is this what a day trader is?) and just live off my 1 or 2 percent gains? All I need is 100 bucks a day profit and im good. Then scale from there.

Is this a realistic idea? Seems too easy. If its this easy then ive been in the wrong field lmao. And I know everything I pick wont gain.

I havent taken account of fees to buy and sell and im from canada. My coworker said something about fees to convert to usd too. So if I aim for 100 bucks a day clean. How much do I need to really make...like 120 to 130? I need that kind of info.

What app are you using?

This is how im seeing it as based on my little experience i've had with it so far. Id like to know your opinions on how realistic im looking at these profit margins.

I use some android app to play with stocks with fake money. I start of with 20k.

I start putting 1k each on things the app dev suggests for the day. I see them go up 2 or 3 percent. Leave em on for about a week or two. Add some more. Same thing. Theyre half negative half positive, losing or gaining about 30 40 bucks each. Sell off some cause they were old news anyway. Heard about fb having unexpected earnings. Bought a k the night I heard. Market closed, but I knew it would go up even if it was 4 percent its still an automatic gain. Made ~250$ cause of that crazy spike overnight. Held it for about a couple hours but sold it. Havent been paying attention but I think its still slowly up? Couple days ago sold everything. Was sitting at 19600 lets I dont remember. I read tesla having 8 percent of lux market one night so I bought 19k of it just to see what happens. Id be happy to see 1 percent which I knew that was the bare minimum. It went up 3.someting percent and made like 570$.

I know fb was once in a blue moon and gambling 20k at a time on one thing is ehh but cant I just do this in small doses daily (is this what a day trader is?) and just live off my 1 or 2 percent gains? All I need is 100 bucks a day profit and im good. Then scale from there.

Is this a realistic idea? Seems too easy. If its this easy then ive been in the wrong field lmao. And I know everything I pick wont gain.

I havent taken account of fees to buy and sell and im from canada. My coworker said something about fees to convert to usd too. So if I aim for 100 bucks a day clean. How much do I need to really make...like 120 to 130? I need that kind of info.

In for 2MM shares Fannie Mae

Put my 2000 shares to shame :lol:

Here's my take so far in the 3 months I've started trading:

1) Don't quit your day job. Any money you make from the market should only supplement what you're already making and absolutely should NOT be your primary source of income.

2) Trading using a virtual account is a good start to learning how the market works, but there's no way to simulate the real thing without real money.

3) Don't listen to what other people say. You can use the general consensus as a guide, but do your own research.

4) Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Ever heard the saying "diversify your portfolio"? I made the stupid mistake of trading on emotion and put damn near 80% of my all funds into TSLA.....luckily I came up +$600 in a few days :lol: I did the same thing for ***** and giggles for SCTY and came up +$400 in 2 hours. I got lucky. Seriously don't do that :lol:

5) Averaging +$100/day is definitely doable but it all depends on how much you're putting in in the first place. I think a good rate of return is +10% a year. This year has been REALLY good (almost too good to be true), so I'd be wary of a bear market coming.

Hopefully the more experienced folks can chime in and correct any points I have wrong.

FNMA and SCTY lets get it!!

I put my money in the wrong solar company. SPWR :smh:

Are you holding SCTY through earnings? Can't wait to see how that and TSLA does.

Back
Top Bottom