OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

In theory, depending on what you're writing - you lock up a certain amount of income because of the direction versus your strike.

Best way to understand is to lose some money doing it.

which broker do you use? thinking about opening an account with optionhouse

I just opened an account last week and the ach transfer should clear Monday. I'll let you know how it is. They have a $150 referral program that I'll split with you if you do decide to sign up

one day I was locked out of my account. Might be an isolated incident but I never used them again.

one day I was locked out of my account. Might be an isolated incident but I never used them again.

I hear a lot of negative things about optionhouse:

What of?

Optionshouse seems to be generally well-liked and their rates are good. Mobile app gets good reviews. Just got an email saying my transfer is complete, so I guess I'll start my first trade tomorrow.

good luck man. that's a bet on earnings?
yeah. they report tuesday 8/6.

GL. They've been having a rough year.

I hear a lot of negative things about optionhouse:

What of?

Optionshouse seems to be generally well-liked and their rates are good. Mobile app gets good reviews. Just got an email saying my transfer is complete, so I guess I'll start my first trade tomorrow.

good luck man. that's a bet on earnings?
yeah. they report tuesday 8/6.

GL. They've been having a rough year.

Heard good things about OptionsHouse so hope the experience is good. I'm looking to get into options a bit. Quite the amateur tho

The Nuance chart looks relatively low risk but it is earnings season. I hope it knocks earnings out the park for our NT fam

yeah im liking AAPL & FB right now. the new cheaper iphone should be good for xmas season.

would you guys say AAPL or TSLA is a strong short/mid-term buy at this point?

wow aapl and fb still pushing through. glad i picked some aapl up earlier. not used to having just 10 shares of anything though :lol:

citron tried to shake out tsla shareholders. dropped momentarily but they're back at it.

my year to date so far. ive reached my goal of 12 thousand for the year in 8 months

Going to start making small plays with options

COP and Fannie may are the only stocks that I currently own. Looking for a couple more nice dividend stocks anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:
Anybody playing anything with gold? Seems like it's 50/50 bear vs bull.

Don't be fooled by all this talk about resistance at 38 for FB, which was the IPO price. It can break through easily.

At the rate it's moving, i wouldn't be surprised if it slices through 38 like butter.

Are any of you guys ever concerned when execs sell off large portions of their shares during run-ups? Apparently FB's CTO has sold off 270k of his shares since earnings but still holds 790k shares :x

my year to date so far. ive reached my goal of 12 thousand for the year in 8 months

Going to start making small plays with options

COP and Fannie may are the only stocks that I currently own. Looking for a couple more nice dividend stocks anyone have any recommendations?

Congrats. Are you planning on holding FNMA through earnings? Does FNMA and FMCC have any trends/patterns to look for? seems like it likes to move randomly.

Anybody playing anything with gold? Seems like it's 50/50 bear vs bull.
At the rate it's moving, i wouldn't be surprised if it slices through 38 like butter.

Are any of you guys ever concerned when execs sell off large portions of their shares during run-ups? Apparently FB's CTO has sold off 270k of his shares since earnings but still holds 790k shares :x
Congrats. Are you planning on holding FNMA through earnings? Does FNMA and FMCC have any trends/patterns to look for? seems like it likes to move randomly.

I am holding FNMA through earning, randomly is right. Once this bill gets rejected then it will go up

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...oduce-bill-to-end-fannie-mae-freddie-mac.html

^ yea I'm still holding FNMA.. longer term gamble but worth the risk vs reward imo

I should have saw this FB pullback coming. Every time RSI > 90 a red day occurs. RSI was 94 after the close yesterday. Are any of you buying this dip?

Back
Top Bottom