OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

holding AUY long term, my spec play in gold miners still looking iffy needs a catalyst to get this to reverse this long term down trend

holding BTU for a few weeks now, i still feel like coal will make a nice medium term rally, i was getting worried as technicals were weakening but today coal stocks had a strong close today.

holding TSLA long term, might take some off the table if it cant break resistance at 159

holding BAC for quite some time, boring as hell stock but its in a l ong term uptrend. just waiting for financial sector to catch up with gains in tech sector :x

holding AUY long term, my spec play in gold miners still looking iffy needs a catalyst to get this to reverse this long term down trend

I was trying to pick the bottom in gold too with my spec play GSS... wasn't moving the way I planned so had to move my money elsewhere.

what do you guys think about PRAN?

PRAN is buyable on the break of the flag (white line) or on pullbacks as long as 6.60 holds (blue line). My risk would be based on 6.50-6.60. Don't know anything about fundamentals though so do your own due diligence

What do you guys think about shorting WPCS?  Looks like a possible pump and dump.  Was all the way up to 100% gain yesterday, and then tapered off the rest of the day.  Closed up 67%, and now after hours it is down another 16%.  After hours it is all the way down to 2.11, that is where I drew the line. 

Last edited:
^ WPCS not sure if it is a pump or not but would be a short on topping action for the 2 break down toward 1.50s

You can find out info/rumors about the company on ihub http://investorshub.advfn.com/WPCS-International-Inc-WPCS-7426/

The thing to be careful of is that 33m shares traded Friday which is over 5x the float of 6m. So this is essentially a new stock since the float has been rotated multiple times. The weak hands/sellers had their chance to get out over 2.50

Thought about buying ONVO at 9.40 it's up forty cents from there oh well. I like this company's future but not crazy about chasing the stock.

Watching BITA, ALGN, QIWI, AMBA, WX and VRX. Keeping an eye on GOGO as well.

Still in FSLR gonna be holding that for a while.

Thought about buying ONVO at 9.40 it's up forty cents from there oh well. I like this company's future but not crazy about chasing the stock.

Watching BITA, ALGN, QIWI, AMBA, WX and VRX. Keeping an eye on GOGO as well.

Still in FSLR gonna be holding that for a while.

I've been long VRX for a while. J Michael Pearson is a fantastic capital allocator, but the problem is, people are copying the Valeant business model (see ENDP). Still a great company, and I love the B&L acquisition.

I read about them (pretty much all the stocks I listed as watching above but gogo) in IBD yesterday. Their buy point is listed as 115.50

Just day traded ELMD for a quick 7% gain (somewhere around there).

Bought at $1.99 on the dip, and sold out at the 2.08 ask when it was at 2.14.  

Sold my shares of RSOL after gaining +32%. Looks like it's having trouble getting past 3.07/3.08

808, nice on that 10 minute play :lol:

Last edited:
^ I'm waiting on the gold and gold miners to get some momentum. The problem is that the fed keeps QE going and inflating the markets so gold really doesn't stand a chance YET

^ I'm waiting on the gold and gold miners to get some momentum. The problem is that the fed keeps QE going and inflating the markets so gold really doesn't stand a chance YET

Samesies. I'm just anxious to catch the bounce. Don't want to miss out like i did in mid-august.

So, VEEV has taken a huge dump. I guess not so surprising considering their P/E is 200 :x Anybody watching them?

Sold my shares of RSOL after gaining +32%. Looks like it's having trouble getting past 3.07/3.08

808, nice on that 10 minute play
laugh.gif
thanks Based, great play by you making that 32% on one trade as well.  How long did you hold that for?

Just finished Jessie Livermore's book how to trade in stocks. Definitely recommend it for trend traders

Just finished Jessie Livermore's book how to trade in stocks. Definitely recommend it for trend traders

That along with his other book Reminiscences of a Stock Operator are my favorite. How to make money in stocks by O'neil, which most people recommend is very overrated IMO.

Last edited:
I have to get his other book. Livermore's trading style is intriguing and I like to think of myself as a speculator after reading this

I have to get his other book. Livermore's trading style is intriguing and I like to think of myself as a speculator after reading this

The most important thing I got out of it was the Psychology. I also like Nicolas Darvas, read his books if you haven't already. Other than these few, most of the books out there are full of crap IMO.

Last edited:
Hoping to swing trade ELMD today again.  It is already up over 12% so I'm hopeful it will have some nice swings again like it did yesterday. 

Back
Top Bottom